Author Topic: Call to Action: Unity Rally  (Read 63260 times)

Bjork

• Underling
Re: Call to Action: Unity Rally
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 12:27:26 PM »
Unfortunately, I am working at a Charitable event this Saturday and wish you all the best. I suck at making costumes anyways but would love to have made a Hero and held the torch.

FireyFlower

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »
I figured there would be more.  I guess I should have asked if there were any more planned now.  =)  Oops!  We will keep our eyes and ears open.

Thanks Paula!  We will hop on as soon as we get home!  =)  We'll see you there!

Hypermace

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 05:29:55 PM »
Big Bad Bubba will be there this game is close to my heart and I have begun to hit my guildmates in WOW up to lend a hand make new toons get out there, write the NC SOFT AV trying to kill us sign the pettitions and they are helping if any of you play something else be it on XBOX hit thte gamers up and use the angle that this is an important moment in Gaming history and we cannot let it just go down without a Fight as fellow gamers everyone should get involved even i they dont play as they could be next.

Kalikamata

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
I have never been one for a costume contest or a protest, but count me in on both!

Ascendant

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 08:28:35 AM »
What's the cell phone coverage like over there?

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »
^^^^^^^^^
This forum needs a 'squeeeee' smiley.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Gunaro

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2012, 10:31:58 AM »
I'll be there as Phil "synapse" zeleski

....because my account just ran out and can't make a new character there...I'll be bringing my stone tank and changing a costume.

Plus theres a certain humor in having a 'synapse stone tank'....SUPER SPEEDY GRANITE

Mistaken Bambi

• Underling
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »
 I love this idea, but wonder why it is done in a hero only zone, and not a coop zone, I know that we villains are not known for standing up for what is right, but we want to save our world too!!!

Paula

• Minion
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 08:58:23 PM »
.... Now isn't that a good question.  Personally, Atlas is where everything happens and it makes the best photo-op backdrops, but I'd love to see spill-over into Pocket D.  Maybe we can also have a Save Paragon Dance Party going on!  (Funny trivia: The first character I ever made is still in Paragon Dance Party.  I left her zoned out there before the change happened, and I decided I'd rather leave her there and never play her again.  Nostalgia, eh?)

Also, that makes me think of Solidarity iTrials!  Saturday night's all about iTrials!  Maybe folks on Virtue who have 50's and still have VIP access can get some going, promoting http://www.tinyurl.com/SaveParagon at the same time? (Or just TinyURL.com/SaveParagon for space, also #savecoh hashtag I believe is being used on Twitter)

Paula

• Minion
CROSSPOSTED
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
FYI, below is the post I cross-posted to the thread on the official forums: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4386354&posted=1#post4386354

To everybody who's posted that you may not be able to make it ontime - Please pop in when you're able!  We need as many people as possible zoning into a Virtue Server Atlas Park and showing support in positive, engaged ways.  I'm hoping to be able to continually recruit folks who can lead activities such as "Unity DFB: Devoted Fan Base" runs, maybe even "Save Paragon DiBs: Dedicated Instigators of Benefactory", or even "Architects of saving our Entertainment: Set the World on Fire Farms"... all based out of a Virtue Atlas Park instance.  When the Hydra head on the right starts to shoot off its light-beams, I want the group leaders to say "Exit to Atlas Park 11".

Anyway, I'm going to be there instigating Random Acts of Solidarity for hours after things wrap up, for as long as I'm able to stay coherent.  Make that conscious.  For as long as I'm able to stay conscious.  If nobody else volunteers to help out with costume contests every hour on the hour after the "official TonyV-instigated Titan Network-promoted Dress as your Favorite Paragon Staff" one at 6pm eastern... I'll host them myself.

So please, hope other people volunteer, cause my tastes run... Odd. ;)

That said, I will definitely accept donations of INF to @Paula on Virtue, with the guarantee that they would go 100% to costume contest prizes.  I'm a waaaay casual player and can only offer so much, so even if you can't help host anything, sponsoring would be welcome!  If so, lemme know if you'd like to be announced as a sponsor of the contest I use your gift to help fund.

Thanks a billion to everyone reading this.  This means you haven't given up on the game, packed up your bytes and gone off to Farmville.  Because of people like you, City of Heroes has become a digital home worth saving.  And save it, we will.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »
(Funny trivia: The first character I ever made is still in Paragon Dance Party.  I left her zoned out there before the change happened, and I decided I'd rather leave her there and never play her again.  Nostalgia, eh?)
Oh, really, now?  I think I have a special bonus mission for you.  We seem not to have any screenshots of PDP over yonder, you see.  :)

That aside, I think it would be great if the whole rally spilled out across the entire server.

also #savecoh hashtag I believe is being used on Twitter
Heavily.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 12:06:01 AM »
Coop, like Pocket D would be more inclusive, but, if this works, too confining for the kind of effect that we're looking for.  How about a villain-side one for those who prefer that side?  I don't want to divide the effort, but it'd be worth it if we could fill the area around the trainer or between the Black Market and AE in Mercy Island, at least for the group shot.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 12:23:10 AM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 03:11:28 AM »
If you need some crazy Paragon Dance Party screenshots, I've got some doozies. In the very early hours of September 5th,  NCsoft_Arbiter_Hawk showed up in Pocket D on Virtue and put on a show. He had a War Walker and some Nemesis flying horses that never made it into the game. At some point he was asked  by someone in attendance if he could take us to any secret places in the game. He proceeded to log out, log back in as a flying car (really), and teleported  40 or 50 of us simultaneously into Paragon Dance Party where we fought Statesman 7 or 8 times. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy but I got screenshots. Not amazing screenshots because there are chatbars and such, but enough to show it really happened! My toon is still in there too. 

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 04:41:46 AM »
my suggestions on this (wish i thought of it sooner) but has anyone found out if devs would be around to activate power suppression?

having zwillinger show up in the various zones that are being focused on would probably help out a lot

also, for those who will be busy that day, have you considered making the toon and then logging them in and starting an AE mish to prevent auto logging and just sit there? while you will just be there in spirit your toon can still be there to rally the cause

also i think i may end up making my characters costume be zeb "lord recluse" cook cause nobody is dressing as villains  :P

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 05:05:25 AM »
Word is definitely out of this, with some players doing the AE/afk thing while at work or other prior commitment.  When I was on Virtue the players there are planning on other CC's and parties after the Rally.  I have my Matt "positron" Miller costume, tho I don't think it's looks all that much like him, but LOL the AE mission "Developer Distress" seems to be inaccessable atm.  I imagine others also remembered that this AE would provide a good example of what the costume creator could do.  Good thing for Melissa I never got around to buying the Super Science booster pack or have a female toon on Virtue, or I'd have been tempted to do one of her.  So many fine people here.  Man, I hope all this support and community action works!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

nataliaofvirtues

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 05:29:39 AM »
I have been unable to locate pics of the devs to create a costume, but I will be there just the same. And I am rallying others to join us in  Atlas Park on Virtue. I am looking forward to it. Go Team!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 06:36:07 AM »
I've transferred Darkwing Turducken over, gotten my costume ready (Noble Savage), and I'm up for donating INF to the contest.  PM me where to send it (thinking in-game email, I guess).  Ready to show my war face!
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 07:08:42 AM »
Regarding the zone choice, I'm pretty sure Atlas Park was chosen because it's easily recognizable (which is good for press images). The steps before City Hall and the Atlas+Globe have been the go-to images for City from the dawn of time.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

judaschrist

• Minion
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »
my friend and i talked it over. we'll both be there dressed as npc toons. because that's how much we love this game!
how cool would it be to have a whole contingent of "npc" toons? :D

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »
Cold Bob had a great idea in the game today. If you have the Loyal Customer badge, display it at the Rally today.