Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 125203 times)

PatrickMagellen

• Underling
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »
I posted the following on City of Heroes FB page earlier;

This was a message to the webmaster of comicbookmovie.com and it's 2 website owners;

(pasted)

I am not sure who or how to ask this.
I am not even sure if you are aware of the fact that the MMO game City of Heroes is to be shut down on November 30th as of this past Friday.
NCSoft the publisher of of the game fired the 80+ employees (Paragon Studios)who develop, design, create and update our beautiful and escapism game of awesomeness.
There is a huge online petition at http://www.change.org/petitions/ncsoft-keep-ncsoft-from-shutting-down-city-of-heroes
and I want to share this info with as many people as I can who enjoy super heroes, comics and the like.
Since comicbookmovie.com is the one, true place I get a LOT of news and influence about the genre.
I am asking, if not in fact begging to see if this information would please be shared on this site.
Thank you in advance,
Patrick Wheeler

Juncyard

• Underling
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
I am in for whatever I can do.

I have sent a letter to both addresses.

Please let us know what else we can do!

alferrida

• Underling
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »
  I've been in tears [on and off] since the news hit.  I've signed all the petitions, posted in Facebook, joined all the CoH groups on Steam - added every CoH person from the Steam CoH groups as friends.  I'm just in shock.

It's just such a WTF.  I've always paid [thru time cards] since I joine 3 years ago.  Since CoH opened the market, in the last 6 months I've spent more than $150 on ... stuff - random cards, rare sets, costumes, auras ... and they will be going away too.

CoH timecards became my main option for 'gee family, get me a timecard for Xmas if you want to give me a present I'll like'.  I'm paid up thru October & have [2] 30 day and [1] 60 day timecards that are unused.  I felt like I was set .... and now the game I love is being killed.  In a way, this is like some awful death in my family - and I want to do something to make it all be better.

Juncyard

• Underling
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »
Sounds crazy....

But the writers of "The Big Bang Theory" use COH teeshirts and banners in the backgrounds of their show....

Someone on that shows writing / props team is a fellow COH player....

Someone find a way to get them involved maybe????

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
Just dropping this by for what it's worth. Longtime player, but unlikely any of you know me, I'm one of those quiet soloists for 90% of my game play and losing CoX is devastating, since no other MMO has ever been even a fraction as friendly to the solo playstyle.

My partner is also a longtime subscription payer, and as shocked as I at this unexpected bombshell.

We both agreed instantly that we'd pay *more* than 16.23 any month of the year, all year, to be able to keep playing this fantastic game which has become a home within our home.

Thank you Tony V and others for your efforts and add us to the list of folks who will happily chip in whatever we can in monetary support (it won't be much but we're rock solid reliable), and whatever we can offer of our talents to help. Neither of us are programers, but I can offer support in the web arena as I'm a profession web designer and consultant.

I know not to "get my hopes up" but sometimes unexpected GOOD things happen as well as bad. Thanks for leading the charge.
Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

Myriade

« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »
http://www.change.org/petitions/ncsoft-keep-ncsoft-from-shutting-down-city-of-heroes#news

We've just reached 9000 signatures. Keep up spreading the word.

Ultraviolets

« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2012, 10:24:48 PM »
Thank you so much for all of your hard work TonyV, not only with Paragon Wiki but with working on continuing our game and helping coordinate the different efforts underway right now. I plan on helping any way that I can in order to help save our game. While I had a feeling the game was going to wrap up sooner or later, the way the ending happened (basically a boot out the door and not even letting devs at least wrap up loose story ends) is incredibly disheartening and a huge disappointment.

CursedSorcerer

• Underling
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2012, 10:46:10 PM »
I want to Thank you Tony for starting this Task Force. I hope all the heroes and Villans of Paragon City join it and we can all together defeat this threat. I 'm asking for permission to come aboard and put all my powers at the service of this TF.  I think one of the first things we need to do is like you said get all of us in the same page. There are a lot of heroes out there still in shock and not knowing what to do. A little advertising on all the servers should be good. We need all the help available, we are running out of time to save our beloved City.

Task Force? No, no no no. We're gonna make a Hami Raid look like a ballet recital!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2012, 10:51:53 PM »
Task Force? No, no no no. We're gonna make a Hami Raid the Rikti War look like a ballet recital!
;D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

CursedSorcerer

• Underling
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2012, 11:07:16 PM »
And for the record, I thought of a way we can get more support. Someone tell Dark_Respite/Samuraiko to maybe find the time to make a rally video encouraging people who either play or were thinking about playing the game to visit this forum and join our cause?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2012, 11:09:30 PM »
I believe she's already hard at work on a video, but I think it's intended to be a "farewell" video.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2012, 11:20:58 PM »
I've also got some custom 3D art assets that can be used for promotional purposes, including one currently unseen one that could be useful for creating the most impact and recognition amongst former players.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Super Rifle

• Underling
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2012, 11:32:01 PM »

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2012, 11:35:36 PM »
And for the record, I thought of a way we can get more support. Someone tell Dark_Respite/Samuraiko to maybe find the time to make a rally video encouraging people who either play or were thinking about playing the game to visit this forum and join our cause?

I actually have something special I'm hoping to get Samuraiko's help on.

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2012, 11:40:32 PM »

Second I submitted a letter to both  www.superherohype.com and ign.com electronically regarding the whole picture, from the abrupt announcement to this coalition we are creating to try to save COH.

I'm not sure if they will do anything about it, but considering they write about everything superhero media related, perhaps it's worth a shot.

Dang, I was about to do the same... would it be worth doing it again?
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »
I sign in in your site but I cant post or respond anything. what is the deal there?

I've revised the website and you're there, guess you could solve the problem?
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2012, 12:06:58 AM »
Just a note on the petition and meida strategy - we should try and push for 10k signatures, or close to it, by Tuesday, which is when gaming and other news sites will be fullt back to work, so the likng weekend gives us a bit mroe time to push for 10k.
10k is one of those "dramtaic" numbers - the difference between it and 9k or 11k is bigger, because it simply sounds like an impresive number, so we should used it when promoting our rescue effort to gaming and other news sites - and emphasize the amount to time it's taken to get the signatures in a positive way - for example, "a player signed petiton has gathered almost/over 10 thousand signatures in under/just 4 days" - it helps give an impression of momentum and scale, rather than just a few individuals making a fuss.

Another thing to emphasize is how NCSoft has refused to clarify their reasons for closing the game - it hightens the sense of injustice being done to the player base, and creates an element of secrecy about their motivations - add that individual players have been trying to contact them, but haven't gotten a reply yet - this should trigger any sensible journalist to make enquries themself, with the result that NCSoft has to start fielding qustions from the games media about CoH, which adds a lot of weight to our campaign, as it pushes it beyond being just the players looking for answers.

There's also some stuff we can do on Twitter with hashtags that can give a worldwide platform to anti-NCSoft comments, but that's something we should keep in reserve for now.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

A Side Leader

• Underling
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
Just a note on the petition and meida strategy - we should try and push for 10k signatures, or close to it, by Tuesday, which is when gaming and other news sites will be fullt back to work, so the likng weekend gives us a bit mroe time to push for 10k.
10k is one of those "dramtaic" numbers - the difference between it and 9k or 11k is bigger, because it simply sounds like an impresive number, so we should used it when promoting our rescue effort to gaming and other news sites - and emphasize the amount to time it's taken to get the signatures in a positive way - for example, "a player signed petiton has gathered almost/over 10 thousand signatures in under/just 4 days" - it helps give an impression of momentum and scale, rather than just a few individuals making a fuss.

Just to let you know we got 5,000 Signatures in 10:00 hours on the first day after we learned the news.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »
The big one is almost at 10k, at least it was a few hours ago when I finally remembered that I still needed to sign it.

aryeonos

• Underling
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »
I just signed the petition, it was at about 9'200 when I signed.