Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 125044 times)

chief536

• Underling
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »
Hey guys thanks for helping organize this. I will do everything I can to help. Keep us posted on what we can o to assist in this the most important league event of our CoH careers.

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2012, 12:00:59 PM »
To TonyV and the Titan crew

Although I haven't been very active on these forums, I've been using your tools (Mids, Paragonwiki, hell even CoH Faces) for years.

When I got word of this yesterday morning I wanted to die, I couldn't believe it, it wasn't a matter of "ok we have no new ideas to bring so we are closing the game", which could have been expected anytime due to the longevity of this fabulous game, but "NCsoft let his axe go for a walk".

Before I start crying again, I wanted to tell you that I'm myself a Moderator of a Spanish website named http://auraycapa.superforo.net/, devoted to explain and share all the news, activities, task forces, etc from CoH to the spanish players that have no knowledge of English, and we've been taking and translating most information from your different websites, you've been an inspiration for us and we couldn't let you down now, so in the name of our website and our nearly 520 registered users, I've spreaded word about your initiatives asking them to share and spread them even further.

After all, we're all heroes, right? this is what we do  8)
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Qui

• Underling
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2012, 12:08:07 PM »
Members & former members of Defiant server EU being kept posted on our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/1194227840716426/

jordanhb

• Underling
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
What a shock.  I was on a short break from the game (I tend to need a break for a couple of months every year or so or I get burnt out), and had decided to take a look at the forums real quick to see if anything would entice me to come back and play.  I never would have thought the game might not be there for me to come back to.  I've signed both petitions, and will do anything I can to try and keep the game alive in some fashion or another.

I actively post on both the Giant in the Playground forums, and Jim Butcher's forum, and have posted messages in both places about the game being shut down and the efforts to try to save it.  Hopefully something will come of it.

maxxrpg

• Minion
  • Artistic creativity is a whirlpool of imagination
    • Jersey's Cards & Comics
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »
An idea came to mind about keeping City of Heroes alive. It would involve the team at Paragon Studio, us and probably my lawyer to check on what rights need to be acquired, but a Kickstarter campaign can be started to either buy the franchise or remake CoH if the Paragon team would be willing. So far just a thought, but I own a small chain of Card, Comic and Gaming stores and recently watched one of the companies I order miniatures from have over 3 million dollars funded via Kickstarter.

aryeonos

• Underling
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
An idea came to mind about keeping City of Heroes alive. It would involve the team at Paragon Studio, us and probably my lawyer to check on what rights need to be acquired, but a Kickstarter campaign can be started to either buy the franchise or remake CoH if the Paragon team would be willing. So far just a thought, but I own a small chain of Card, Comic and Gaming stores and recently watched one of the companies I order miniatures from have over 3 million dollars funded via Kickstarter.
Kickstarting is becoming a rather popular thing, everywhere, they're making a Wasteland 2 just off of kickstart money. Hell, I could be part of CoH 2, I'm a good sculpter, modeler and rigger, and this here certificate isn't doing anything but picking up dust. Why can't we, the community,  just pick up CoH?

jordanhb

• Underling
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »

Kickstarter came to my mind as well.  There have been some projects that have gotten some pretty serious funding through there.  If there were some sort of kickstarter to save CoH in some manner or another, I'd definitely donate.

kribbla

• Underling
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »
So I'm here and ready to suport in any (for me) possible Way.

I think, all other Players of Zukunft cross there fingers too.

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
My wife and I would be happy to support any efforts to keep the game alive!

Even a static version forever (Issue 24 would be great!) would be better than gone forever.

The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

Inkitgee

• Underling
  • Realignment!? But I am a HERO.
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »
I'll look into getting more support from the Virtue server when I get home today.  You have a big supporter from me and I'll do what I can.  IF we manage to get this (and that's a big IF but I want to be optimistic) I plan on taking college courses for graphics design to perhaps make it better.  So it's gone that far for me.

Another thing I'm weary of is pointing fingers.  I'm hearing a lot of rumors about who is to blame but until someone comes outright and says it, I don't know what to believe.  A lot of the rumors are very believeable at this point but as far as I know right now?  I don't know.  I'll do what I can but I'm fighting the pit that the news set in my chest.  This is something that was yanked from me and I don't appreciate it so I'll do what I can on my end.

HardRider

• Underling
  • Only HardRider can bring you true peace.
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »
Reading around seeing what i can, Not sure but if i can do something.. HardRider is gonna make sure it's done ^^

Sarge Morris

• Minion
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »
Roger, I copy and wilco. 

I don't know how effective this is going to be, but I never was the type to go out without a fight.  And if CoX is going to go out no matter what we do, I'd help see it out kicking and screaming. 

Ironically enough, today is V-J Day, the day the U.S. forced Japan to sign  the formal surrender documents that ended World War II.  I'd really like to be there for V-NC Day, when we force NCsoft to stop being boneheads.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:50:32 PM by Sarge Morris »

Kurrent

• Minion
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2012, 01:47:44 PM »
I never found any enemy in CoH/CoV that I wouldn't take a shot at, and you can expect the same from me in this fight.  I'll do whatever I can to save this world that all of us love.

supus71

• Underling
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »
I'm in. Count on me to be an active advocate for this.
      Money talks and time is critical. I've seen / studied the demise of a couple of scify shows I love and time seems to be key to a movement like this making ANY impact; symbolic or otherwise.
     The kickstarter idea I think is best since I've seen things (like Wasteland 2) just explode when there is enough buzz. My suggestion, and personal step one is: Find an experienced Kickstarter supporter NOW; someone who has DONE this sort of thing and can save us time and guide us away from mistakes.
Step 2 (imho) is raise enough money for an IP lawyer. They will know what we can do, and need to do, to "get" the game from NCsoft. The other plus to the Kickstarter idea is that it should focus the community voice. This forum is great, but there are probably half a dozen similar going on. Numbers (with money) speak so getting concentrated, coalesced as a group is only going to help.
    All my 2 cents. Take it or leave it, but I work for one of those evil corporate giants so I know how 'they' think. {Maybe that's why I like to play villains?!?!} But I need my heroes to bash around so my last evil master plan, is to save the City I love (to hate :)

maltar

• Underling
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »
Is there a way to convince NCsoft to let paragon studios go independent with COH?    Or how much funding/investing would paragon studios need to go independent with coh?

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2012, 02:39:23 PM »
What's the best thing I can do? I'm just normal active player. Not rich or anything...

You don't have to be rich!  You are a hero, you are a Titan!  As for what you can do, keep watching this forum.  I'm going to be posting things we need--many of them which don't require any money at all.  Some of them will be expertise, and you might be the key piece of the puzzle for this to come together.

Stormsurge

• Minion
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »
Reporting for duty!

jccianca

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »
I want to Thank you Tony for starting this Task Force. I hope all the heroes and Villans of Paragon City join it and we can all together defeat this threat. I 'm asking for permission to come aboard and put all my powers at the service of this TF.  I think one of the first things we need to do is like you said get all of us in the same page. There are a lot of heroes out there still in shock and not knowing what to do. A little advertising on all the servers should be good. We need all the help available, we are running out of time to save our beloved City.

Dark Spider

• Underling
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2012, 03:27:51 PM »
Facebook page, made you the Defiant community to saty in touch, but everyone is welcome.
Look for Defiant event son facebook
or:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1194227840716426/?ref=ts

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »
Thanks a TON everyone!  I'm working on our next Call to Action post, hopefully to go up just a little bit later.  Keep your spirits up, and we can make this happen!