Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 124992 times)

jccianca

• Underling
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
To TonyV and the Titan crew

Although I haven't been very active on these forums, I've been using your tools (Mids, Paragonwiki, hell even CoH Faces) for years.

When I got word of this yesterday morning I wanted to die, I couldn't believe it, it wasn't a matter of "ok we have no new ideas to bring so we are closing the game", which could have been expected anytime due to the longevity of this fabulous game, but "NCsoft let his axe go for a walk".

Before I start crying again, I wanted to tell you that I'm myself a Moderator of a Spanish website named http://auraycapa.superforo.net/, devoted to explain and share all the news, activities, task forces, etc from CoH to the spanish players that have no knowledge of English, and we've been taking and translating most information from your different websites, you've been an inspiration for us and we couldn't let you down now, so in the name of our website and our nearly 520 registered users, I've spreaded word about your initiatives asking them to share and spread them even further.

After all, we're all heroes, right? this is what we do  8)

I sign in in your site but I cant post or respond anything. what is the deal there?

Exodius0917

• Underling
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2012, 04:22:47 PM »
Im in, I'll speak to all my OPM ppl's to join too we are still pretty pissed off but if theres anything we can do to help we will, we will def join the wave

my global is @exodius i was the person giving out EVERYTHING i had to people who wanted it on freedom server pissed off because of the news.

Adelante

• Boss
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2012, 04:27:11 PM »
I'm ready to help in whatever ways I can.

Sinister Dirge

• Underling
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »
I just need to say thanks Tony. Thanks for the hope. Actually, thank you everyone. Will do what I can.

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
I'm standing by your side. Whatever the outcome...

I'm pushing it to G+ / Twitter since Facebook seems already in good hands....

Let's start spreading the news as much as possible. make some noise people !
--

junk@akry.com

• Underling
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »
I'm not sure if I can be of any use to CoH. I'm a Counselor by trade. Yes, a mental health therapist. At first I thought I had nothing to offer, and then I realized that maybe I can put my skills of understanding how people work or think into storylines, as in making sure that stories makes sense given a character's personality, values, etc.

Oh, and my wife knows coding, databases, websites...little things like that. :)

Akry

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »
Ready to help!

Motobonsai

• Underling
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
I will do what I can.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »
My 10 year old son, who has been playing since he was 3 (back then it was more him sitting in my lap and pushing the arrow keys to move) does not want to let it go, so has begun tearing apart the world he's built in Minecraft over the past two years to turn it into Atlas Park.

I am actually in tears.

lasherjazz

• Underling
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »
Im exremely disappointed and sad that this game is about to end. I will help with whatever is needed within my means, so count me in!

We shall not go down without a fight, even if the tide is against us!

A Side Leader

• Underling
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »

No Remorse

« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »
Wow I know this game is loved, but picketing city halls and national monuments? With all that's going on in the world, a video game shutting down should get national attention? I get it you're upast, as am I. Been playing since May of '04 myself. We need to be reasonable though.

Everyone should understand a few things just to save yourselves an emotional roller coaster.

City of Heroes was grossing less than a million dollars a month, meaning less than 12 million per year. When you deduct operational costs including paying the 80 people that they had working in the game, the game was barely breaking even.

NCSoft knows they have a 100,000 ish player base. They know they are going to piss off this 100,000 ish player base by closing the game. They did it with Tabula Rasa and Aion already, so they know what to expect. In order for this petition to do any good, you will have to show them not only did they underestimate the player base, but that these people are willing to financially support the game. Unfortunately, when compared to other mmo's, we don't have the numbers. We would need approximately 1,000,000 players willing to pay.

They will not release the game, unless it will bring them a decent price. They won't risk one of their own games becoming competition for their other titles. The only way I see this happening is if Cryptic offers to buy it back, which it won't since it's competition for their game "Champions Online".

I am sorry, I know how much this game means to everyone, again I've been playing for 8 years now, but it WILL end. Do your best, but please don't pin all hopes on succeeding. And please don't make all us gamers look like complete morons by tryin to tell the rest of the world that this is a life altering event worthy of an "occupy" movement.

Michael
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:56:26 PM by No Remorse »

neonphysalis

• Underling
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
As stated before, figure out the costs, get paragon studios on board and then we will have two words. KICK STARTER.

Misrae

• Underling
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »
I understand what its like losing a community, I really do, I cant offer much to help, but I will do what I can, please though dont blame PW about this epecially dont go hating on CO players, they the majority have been very supportive of COh on their forums.

However we do need to try and do something I am glad to see on this website folks are doing just that, sure it may fail we all know this but such things have worked before no reason why this wont, and if COH was losing money well may make it easier for us or somone else to buy the IP, though I don't think it wa slosing money. Anyway we all knew it cant last forever sure I think how it was handled though was the worst possible way to do it, I really wihs everyone luck with this and wish I could help, I am not a social butterfly as it were and most of my friends are not gamers, so I hope my good wishes and offering support, why yes even a bit of money are enough.

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2012, 07:31:57 PM »
I'm glad to see a group of intelligent people getting organized quickly to try and do something useful to save the game.

Please let us know what we can do, Tony, and keep us informed.

I've posted your call to action and links to this forum on a CoH related site I can post to.

Laufeyjarson standing by.

A Side Leader

• Underling
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
Wow I know this game is loved, but picketing city halls and national monuments? With all that's going on in the world, a video game shutting down should get national attention? I get it you're upast, as am I. Been playing since May of '04 myself. We need to be reasonable though.

Did I say to go do picketing? No I Merely was putting down one more of the many numeral possibilities of actions players may take.
It was only suggestions do, not try and tack things out of context.

Harry_Canyon

• Underling
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2012, 07:34:12 PM »
100% I'll do whatever I can!

TheFightingCanadian

• Underling
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »
I've done a couple things. First off I sent links to the Titan Network and this forum collection to all my fellow supergroup members and coalitions (Golden Age Heroes on the Virtue Server).

Second I submitted a letter to both  www.superherohype.com and ign.com electronically regarding the whole picture, from the abrupt announcement to this coalition we are creating to try to save COH.

I'm not sure if they will do anything about it, but considering they write about everything superhero media related, perhaps it's worth a shot.

I'll keep doing what I can.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:03:27 PM by TheFightingCanadian »

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »
You heroes are awesome!  This is just the kind of spread-the-word efforts we need!

Keep it up!

TheFightingCanadian

• Underling
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »
Positron and Co. are still on the COH forums...has anyone tried getting ahold of them via PM to see if we can get any insight, help or feedback from them?