Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online (was "A Self-Interested Update")  (Read 20340 times)

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Elder Scrolls Online (was "A Self-Interested Update")
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »
JW...here is a video that might help you. I found some familiar character movements....

ESO gameplay
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
Environments look quite nice. The people look...ok... as far as I can see. I might need to take a look.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: A Self-Interested Update
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
Beta signups launched today :)

www.elderscrollsonline.com

Does the beta signup not progress to a confirmation screen?  I filled in the info and clicked the NDA acceptance box and clicked the button to complete the application and then nothing happened except the button going dead.  There should be *some* sort of confirmation, one would imagine.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Surelle

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 11:18:12 PM »
Does the beta signup not progress to a confirmation screen?  I filled in the info and clicked the NDA acceptance box and clicked the button to complete the application and then nothing happened except the button going dead.  There should be *some* sort of confirmation, one would imagine.

There is.  I applied the minute it became available, lol.  But probably the site is getting hammered so badly by now that it might have had some sort of hangup or mini-crash on you.  I'd try again later.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013, 02:42:09 AM »
Well, I've tossed my name into the BETA test hat. Lets see what comes of it.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2013, 02:44:48 AM »
Me three.  Cuppa works on this, and it is very pretty.  Not being able to fly might be a game breaker though.  The UI might also be a game breaker.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2013, 02:49:42 AM »
to be honest, I know nothing about the elder scrolls 'verse. So, having no preconceived notions to hold me back, I'll be able to be as objective as anyone can be.

... but if they don't have something approximating a controller I'm going to be disappointed.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2013, 03:29:38 AM »
Me three.  Cuppa works on this, and it is very pretty.  Not being able to fly might be a game breaker though.  The UI might also be a game breaker.

I work with Cuppa all day erry day. It's surreal and awesome.  Jo rocks.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2013, 03:30:04 AM »

The company we outsourced this too have done nothing but f'd it up.  If you haven't try to register using Chrome.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2013, 05:06:42 AM »
The company we outsourced this too have done nothing but f'd it up.  If you haven't try to register using Chrome.

Chrome is the browser I was using with no luck.  I'll have to try again in the next couple of days.

Oh, and the number of games beta tested maxes out at 8 for some reason...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 02:26:22 AM »
Luckily it worked fine for me a few days ago using Firefox.
In retrospect it occurs to me that i could have listed the various CoH closed betas i was in as betas, or at least the CoV beta. Not that i have a huge amount of free time to put into beta testing currently anyway. Still, i've enjoyed the Elder Scrolls setting in the past enough to sign up for the beta.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013, 05:58:25 AM »
I have been looking at this for some time.  I have been playing Skyrim since the shutdown of our city.  I love the trailer and if the game is that pretty (close to Skyrim quality) I am soooo in.  This also means that it is time for a new computer.  The massive amount of gfx processing would have my single core and 512mb gfx card smoking up a storm in no time.
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »
Finally got the signup to work.

MindBlender

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 05:38:15 AM »
Signed up for beta and just waiting for an invitation to give it a shot.  Hope it looks as pretty as the announcement vids.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 10:03:46 AM »
It's the only game that has sparked any interest since our City went dark..it started long ago with Morrowind for me, and I still fire up Oblivion.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
It's the only game that has sparked any interest since our City went dark..it started long ago with Morrowind for me, and I still fire up Oblivion.

No Skyrim?  :D

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »
Haven't gotten Skyrim yet...but will. It's been a harsh couple of years moneywise.I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it's not an oncoming train

MindBlender

• Boss
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
Haven't gotten Skyrim yet...but will. It's been a harsh couple of years moneywise.I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it's not an oncoming train

I think you would enjoy Skyrim.  I love wasting time on it, but I do miss playing with friends.  Skyrim being single player only does get to me.  As far as the beauty of the game, wow...just wow!  Hoping ES Online matches it  ;)

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2013, 09:05:06 AM »
I got to play ESO at PAX East for nearly 2 hours. They basically had to drag me out. Amazingly beautiful game! I cannot wait to get my hands on it properly. I also wrote about my experience! http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Elder-Scrolls-Online/news/PAX-East-2013---Elder-Scrolls-Online-Closer-Look

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »
I just signed up for the Beta.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!