Author Topic: DemoRadar/CityRadar (was CoHRadar)  (Read 14439 times)

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Demo Radar (was CoHRadar)
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
Android programs can be distributed without going through the Android Market, and they're literally Java binaries compiled with the usual JDE. The main difference is that they don't use AWT for user interface, but the Widget equivalent isn't all that different.

It's certainly viable if there's demand for it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »
This is the first I've heard of it
Except for those times we've been scouring an outdoor map for that boss we need to complete the mission and I said, "Let me check the radar..."
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 06:22:27 PM »
It never registered. (-:

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
Demo Radar was updated to 0.7.1 this past week (during the downtime). 

• Added missing effect flag for Invisible glowies
  • Added update checker to the program.  Updates are optional, but you will be reminded on the next execution / after 24 hours (if the program is left running). 

Source code, wiki (with some instructions), and an issue tracker are available at bitbucket.org

Jacal

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 12:11:57 PM »
Very cool update with the network feature!

The Coh radar is such good tool and I use it A LOT.

In fact I have taken the source code and modified it a bit for my own personal use.
I've added a timer connected to a checkbox so that the coh-radar can re-read the the demofile every second or so. Using two screens I've got coh radar running on my second screen, and all I have to do is use my macro demorecord and demostop commands to refresh the radar, which I find very neat.

I've also added some filter checkboxes to "remove" some of the entities that is cluttering up the list and map, (e.g. 50 minions) putting what you are looking for way down the bottom of the list. (I have thought about making a group button for entities with the same name , but haven't gotten around to it, or how that would be marked on the map).

These are ad-on I would love in an 'official' version, because for some reason I am not able to create a self-executing jar file in eclipse (That actually work).   Which means I have to start eclipse to fire it of.

Is these features of some interest?
I would love to see them with the network feature.

Thanks again SaintNicster for a greatly appreciated tool.
Word of the wise:
Don't eat yellow snow

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 04:04:06 PM »
In fact I have taken the source code and modified it a bit for my own personal use.
I've added a timer connected to a checkbox so that the coh-radar can re-read the the demofile every second or so. Using two screens I've got coh radar running on my second screen, and all I have to do is use my macro demorecord and demostop commands to refresh the radar, which I find very neat.
Oh neat!  I suppose it was possible someone would modify it with the code being available and all, I just never expected to hear about it :D

putting what you are looking for way down the bottom of the list. (I have thought about making a group button for entities with the same name , but haven't gotten around to it, or how that would be marked on the map).
I tried to make it so that the detected object types would show up mostly at the top of the list.  Were there things that were missed?

These are ad-on I would love in an 'official' version, because for some reason I am not able to create a self-executing jar file in eclipse (That actually work).   Which means I have to start eclipse to fire it of.
They way I've started doing it is by going to File->Export, making the Runnable JAR file, and then selecting the "Package required libraries into generated JAR".  Otherwise, you need to have the SWT jar (and DNS_DS jar for networking) in the same folder as your Radar JAR ("Copy required libraries into a sub-folder").  You could also try running the file from the CMD line to see if any errors are generated ("java -jar radar.jar")

Is these features of some interest?
I would love to see them with the network feature.

The most I could promise is to look at it to see how you did it. If you have it on a BB or Git repo somewhere, that'd probably be best.  My biggest goal has been with trying to get the iOS app out the door, but I've been distracted by lots of work travel stuff while doing the latest documentation push.

I've become very aware of trying to add anything else to the UI, as it has become pretty packed.  The timer is something I've definitely been thinking about, esp with the app coming up.  Did you add something like a settings pane, too? Or were you saying that the other stuff was added pre-network feature?

Thanks again SaintNicster for a greatly appreciated tool.
No, thank you for using it!

Jacal

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2011, 07:58:03 AM »
Word of the wise:
Don't eat yellow snow

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2011, 05:12:32 PM »

Jacal

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »
Finally

After much mucking about with SVN, and failed to get it exported to bitbucket, I made a Git repository and you can reach it here. If there is something missing from the project, give me yell and I'll see if I can get it pushed to GIT.

I had to refactor it out of its original packaging and it is now situated directly in the src directory. For some reason it was the only way I could get it to work with the SWT.jar.

There is a couple of issues with the live updating, it scrolls the entity list to the top, which is annoying but it was only intended for my own personal use and works fine for me.
I hope you can make some sense of the code changes I've made and that it is something that is usable.

Jacal
Word of the wise:
Don't eat yellow snow

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 08:57:37 PM »
Finally

After much mucking about with SVN, and failed to get it exported to bitbucket, I made a Git repository and you can reach it here. If there is something missing from the project, give me yell and I'll see if I can get it pushed to GIT.

I had to refactor it out of its original packaging and it is now situated directly in the src directory. For some reason it was the only way I could get it to work with the SWT.jar.

There is a couple of issues with the live updating, it scrolls the entity list to the top, which is annoying but it was only intended for my own personal use and works fine for me.
I hope you can make some sense of the code changes I've made and that it is something that is usable.

Jacal
Got a chance to look at it.  I do like your ideas, I'm just going to want to create a new shell/window to add these in.  I can't really promise any dates, though, as I've got a big project coming up at work :(

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: DemoRadar/CityRadar (was CoHRadar)
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2011, 05:39:51 PM »
Hey guys, guess what?

[CoH|Demo|City]Radar is now in the Apple App Store for iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone!

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: DemoRadar/CityRadar (was CoHRadar)
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »
Cool!