Author Topic: DemoRadar/CityRadar (was CoHRadar)  (Read 14393 times)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: CoHRadar
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 12:35:15 AM »
This is all SaintNicster, titan has no part in it. All his brain child. :D
~Steinerd

DarthSmaug

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 02:43:02 PM »
This is all SaintNicster, titan has no part in it. All his brain child. :D

well, then thanks SaintNicster!!! i wish I had skillz/knowledge do make cool goodies like that!

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
NEW! CoHRadar 0.3.0
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 11:57:28 PM »
Thanks to those who have downloaded and tried it out so far. 

I've released a new version with a few improvements.

• Window position is now saved on exit and restored the next time. If you need to reset this, right click the tray icon.
  • Entity count added just below the table.  Now shows how many entities are being shown
  • Tweaked the type text for other players.  Custom critters in the MA use the same code for display as players do.  I'm looking to see if there is a better way to detect them.

There were also a bunch of under-the-hood changes made, trying to improve readability and such.

Download Today!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 09:29:34 AM »
Just getting around to trying the new update out.  Had an issue trying to get it running on the initial unzip, but seem to have gotten that sorted out.

Looks pretty good.  And it's already helped me find one objective that was hiding on a map tonight.  :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:43:29 AM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 12:51:06 AM »
Just to let you all know, there was a new version released today.

I added a catch for an added hostage animation that started appearing in I16.

Also made it so that the mac version loads the 32bit version of the JVM.  I don't want to update SWT yet :P

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cohradar/files/

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 01:56:11 AM »
awesomesauce, I actually still use this app.
~Steinerd

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 02:53:33 AM »
Same here.  It's better than pulling all my hair out.  :)
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Torch Light

• Underling
  • The Blow Stuff Upper
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 10:39:55 PM »
Im wondering, since it's not actually creating the file, is there a function to CANCEL a running demo record? It could cause a little bit of a hiccup but if you could A. cancel or B. clear the cache it's using externally, you could allow stable systems to keep it going.

Thoughts? or am I talking out my rear ^_^

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 11:24:04 PM »
You mean something that isn't /demostop?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 11:28:26 PM »
Im wondering, since it's not actually creating the file, is there a function to CANCEL a running demo record? It could cause a little bit of a hiccup but if you could A. cancel or B. clear the cache it's using externally, you could allow stable systems to keep it going.

Thoughts? or am I talking out my rear ^_^
I have no clue what you're trying to ask/say ???

Torch Light

• Underling
  • The Blow Stuff Upper
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 12:13:48 AM »
Well doesn't demo stop automatically create the file? If it doesn't then my idea is void haha. sorry.

Sorry i was thinking about the thing he was saying with automatically clearing the demo data to leave it running, I was thinking, no it doesn't Write the file right away, but it should be making some kind of file cache? Couldn't that be trimmed or like, made invalid so it can start over automatically?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 12:25:45 AM »
Well doesn't demo stop automatically create the file? If it doesn't then my idea is void haha. sorry.

Sorry i was thinking about the thing he was saying with automatically clearing the demo data to leave it running, I was thinking, no it doesn't Write the file right away, but it should be making some kind of file cache? Couldn't that be trimmed or like, made invalid so it can start over automatically?
Demostart creates a placeholder file.  It also starts recording the data and such to memory or whatever.

demostop transfers this into the file.

If you want to restart a demo, without doing anything with the current stuff, you should be able to just /demostart again

Torch Light

• Underling
  • The Blow Stuff Upper
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 12:30:21 AM »
then could that be viable?
Just set it to a loop?

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 12:32:45 AM »
then could that be viable?
Just set it to a loop?
I still don't understand what you want.  If you're wanting this to be always on, then no.  It isn't that simple.  You can read my previous posts in the thread to see that.

Torch Light

• Underling
  • The Blow Stuff Upper
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 12:42:15 AM »
Just throwing out an idea. Im not the kind to use these tools any who.
And I did read, I was just trying to get the wheels turning since a few people seemed interested in this being a lil more real time.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »
And I did read, I was just trying to get the wheels turning since a few people seemed interested in this being a lil more real time.
Honestly, even if this could be done, I'd probably recommend against implementing it.

As the utility exist, it's more of something that provides an information snapshot to you, information that is obtainable by simply exploring the areas you're looking at on the snapshot.  If it were more realtime, that could actually be used in situations (*ahem* pvp...) to get a distinct advantage over other players, something it can't be practically used for today.

If that were to happen, what is current a neat little unsanctioned utility could make the radar of the devs as a means of cheating.  If that happens, they would almost certainly react to shut this down, either through obscuring the information developmentally or, worst-case scenario, through legal means.

Torch Light

• Underling
  • The Blow Stuff Upper
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2009, 05:02:21 PM »
Very true, Again, I'm not the type who even uses it, but It is a neat tool.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Demo Radar (was CoHRadar) version 0.7.0
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 04:50:34 PM »
New Version released!

Download Links -
Mac OS X (Leopard/Snow Leopard/Lion - 64bit JRE) - Link
Windows (32bit JRE) - Link
Windows (64bit JRE) - Link

Patch Notes -
  • Project moved to BitBucket.org
  • Contacts with the new Issue 21 effects/arrows are now highlighted on the map
  • Major rewrite of the backend code
  • "Remote" mode

Remote Mode
This adds the ability to send the demofile to a "remote" machine. Run one copy of the program in the background of your main playing machine in a 'server' mode, then open up a copy of the program on another machine (preferably on the same network). The other machine can then be used to display that map. This is good if you are on a dual-computer setup. It is also the framework/hooks for a future for an version that will be able to run on iOS (and should interest warrant, Android).

An issue tracker is available on BitBucket.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Demo Radar (was CoHRadar)
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »
This is the first I've heard of it, and I must put in my two cents for it being totally awesome.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
Re: Demo Radar (was CoHRadar)
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 05:39:10 PM »
This is the first I've heard of it, and I must put in my two cents for it being totally awesome.
I'm not much of a promoter -.-