Author Topic: set title binds  (Read 8692 times)

beatnik420

• Underling
set title binds
« on: January 20, 2009, 06:45:43 PM »
ive downloaded the set title bind since the release of i13.. but for some reason its not going through all of my badges... is there something im missing or is there a new update out there?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: set title binds
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:14:14 PM »
We've got a few Threads stating that they need to be Updated, we've Updated the DB with the correct Settitle Listing, we just haven't gotten the Binds Updated yet.

Check out this Post - http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,2.msg22614.html#msg22614, Calea created one.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 01:13:59 AM »
Yup yup yup. this one got all my badges on my 2nd Account main, 309 on the dot.
~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 03:00:25 PM »
Steiner, any way that you can Update Mavs Post Here, to reflect the new Binds?  So that everyone can get at it.

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 04:02:24 PM »
Steiner, any way that you can Update Mavs Post Here, to reflect the new Binds?  So that everyone can get at it.

Or you know, you could just ask me...

It's now updated.
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd
---------------------------

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:41:30 PM »
I've made several Posts dating back a good few weeks asking anyone in general to do that, but no one had done so.  This starting when we first heard of the Binds needing to be extended because of all the changes.

Perhaps a PM wouldn't have been missed as the Posts were....I'll remember that for next time :).

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 11:34:39 PM »
Yea, PMs FTW
~Steinerd

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 01:06:33 AM »
Yea, PMs FTW

Yeah, I try to read every post, but some times I still miss them. PMs email me too, so I never miss any of those. ;)
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd
---------------------------

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 02:06:07 PM »
On a side note, is there anyway the binds can be set up so that the T button isn't used and a key that isn't already part of the game is?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »
Well, ya... but this thing resets T back to it's original bind though... only after you've finished through with it.

I mean ~2 years of people hitting 'T' I don't know how many other people would appreciate the sudden change.
~Steinerd

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 02:32:43 PM »
Well, no, I meant is there a way for us to select the letter, like that first txt file, can we change the first t to another key and it just works, or is there more to it?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »
...OOoooOoOoOoh,
You'd have to change the bind key in every bind file.

I have an idea, let me try it out, and I'll get right back to this thread if it works.
~Steinerd

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 04:25:47 PM »
Crap, I was going to add a key modifier or something... but it would just cause overhead and other issues.

I apologize for the inconvenience but, sadly the bind files are stuck using 'T'.

If it changes to where we can change the bind key, I'll post it here.
~Steinerd

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »
Cool, thanks!

Catharctic

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »
Read this thread, and use the last link for a custom settitle bind.

The thread has been stickied since the end of December.  ;)

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,1117.0.html

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 07:05:50 PM »
Yea, but you'll have to download a visual basic debugging application (not sure how many good free ones there are).

And that isn't linked in anyway to our data... which is... not really important, but a nice feature.

~Steinerd

Catharctic

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 03:07:21 AM »
Yea, but you'll have to download a visual basic debugging application (not sure how many good free ones there are).

No you don't. You just use the last link konoko posted. Do you even look at anything before commenting on it?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
Well... I click on it. didn't do a thing... neither link... so what am I missing?

Love the rudeness I've been getting lately. I read thing thoroughly and try to utilize all script and ideas on these forums.

If you can get a Visual Basic script to run on your computer without using Internet Explorer (which I tried... nothing happened) or posting that script to a Windows Server host, which we don't really have anymore... sweet... otherwise I'm at a loss on how to get that script to function without utilizing resources most people don't have, or know about.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:34:53 PM by Steiner »
~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 02:41:59 PM »
I wish I had left my CoH install on my Flash Drive in order to test this properly, but from my attempt at an install, it worked great up until it needed the CoH directory.  I clicked the links while using an IE Browser, is your Setup different Steiner?

I'll double check it again tonight on my PC.

Side not, Steiner, I know you saw some rudeness in that Post, but read it with some sarcasm instead, that's how it should be coming across.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »
Sorry... can't assume sarcasm on a forum... just not possible. Against my netiquette... (even if you throw an emoticon in there...)

Anyway, ya this isn't working at all on my system. Vista Ult x64 with all the updates, and it just keeps trying to open in my editor applications, even if I right click and open in IE 7.

Sucks that this thing forces you to have an obsolete environment to run...

I'm going to get working on the PHP version of selectable binding. I coded VB for 2 years at work... and there is a lot wrong with that code... not to mention that if you're running Vista (or with secure settings) it won't touch the FileSystem.IO that it utilizes without ActiveX permissions. That's just a headache to me.

Not to mention, there has been an edit I made to Glycerine like a month ago almost that will auto extract and deploy the bind files with one click... overlooked I guess.

Believe me I've been making progress with stuff, just everyone else is just too busy. Not their faults, remember I have no life... and most the other devs not only have lives they have other lives to care for, as well... lol.

~Steinerd