Author Topic: set title binds  (Read 8689 times)

Catharctic

Re: set title binds
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 06:06:03 PM »
Okay, here's what I did. Maybe I'm missing something, but it worked before and works right now for me.

From this post:

Need to install a VBS IDE, editing this through VIM is giving me a headache. At least color coding is working.

Added relative path dialog. Will add number of files later.

http://onineko.com/coh/settitle/
http://onineko.com/coh/settitle/Set_title_binds_generator_V1.3_20081223.vbs

I click the last link.

I click "Open".

I click "Run".

I follow the instructions.

P.S. I wasn't trying to be rude. I just don't get how this works with a few clicks on my end even though I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Also, haven't we talked on Skype? How would you not assume sarcasm from me?

n00 LOL JK!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:12:29 PM by Cath »

konoko

• Minion
  • Under your Keyboard
    • konoko's ramblings
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 07:59:09 PM »
That's strange... Firefox saved the .vbs as .vbs.txt, and after renaming it to .vbs I can't run it on this work computer...

I wanted to code it in C++, and as a stupid idea tried a CMD/Batch script, but was failing on the loops in CMD. Instead I modified IceHeart's vbs thingy.

I'll have to re-learn C++ or something.

How does one run .vbs files if they're not associated with an application?
-Paragonwiki Admin

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »
I don't know, all I did was just like Cath, Open it instead of Save.  Then the prompts work their way through and take it from there to Save it correctly.  Well, as stated I never finished my save, but I'm 100% certain this PC does not have any VB association and it was still working.

Catharctic

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 09:58:24 PM »
See?

I don't even know what you guys are talking about, but it worked for me.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 10:33:21 PM »
I've got something in the works. If it passes internal QA, I'll make it live today/tomorrow.

IceHeart

• Boss
  • a.k.a 'Ice' - Shadow Souls' Top Cat
    • Shadow Souls
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 01:11:59 AM »
You do not need any VBasic IDE to just 'run' these. Konoko was referring to editing them to add more functionality.

These VBS can be run  with just the Windows Scripting Host (WSH) which is included by default in all installations of win 2000, win xp and win Vista, unless you have specifically removed it or altered it. There are no additional references, libraries or other bells and whistles included or required.... they are rather simple.

Note that if you have other IDEs there, as is most likely the case with many of the developers/tech people around here, even myself included, then the standard VBS association may have been modified/hijacked by any of the mutliple developemnt IDEs you have.... so i cannot confirm how this is gonna work with your configuration.

But, if you do have any problems running it (either my original  or konoko's upgraded version) you could always try:

- save it to whatever path\filename you wish .. (lets call it c:\temp\set-title-binds.vbs)
- open up a command window and specifically force cscript or wscript to run it:
Code: [Select]

wscript c:\temp\set-title-binds.vbs

It should run without any problems.
if it doesnt, make sure you do have Wscript host enabled.. try simply running either "wscript" (the windowed version, or "cscript" (the core, command line-only version) .. you should get something along the lines of:

Code: [Select]
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

If you cannot get anything out of that then you may have a version error with WSH 5.6 vs WSH 5.7
try reading through this.. as usal, MS messing things around...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/newswire/wsh57.mspx#EFE

I have also posted a copy of this at that thread to clarify there as well.

oh and yay! thanks for the Sticky!  :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 01:29:53 AM by IceHeart »