Author Topic: Iron Fist...  (Read 5535 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Iron Fist...
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »
Just finished the first episode.  A somewhat slow start, but I enjoyed it... except for the music.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Iron Fist...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 06:46:28 PM »
Sigh, just when I was starting to make a dent in the queue.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:08:07 PM »
Tom Pelphrey is very good at playing a detestable, weaselly slime whose comeuppance is a thing to be yearned for.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 06:03:17 AM »
I like it through 4 eps. Well acted and written as per usual with these, though some of the fight choreography is pretty bad. I shouldn't be able to see a kick miss by a foot at double speed.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 07:53:31 AM »
Didn't catch that one myself at normal speed, but I did note that the fights have occasionally looked a bit clumsy, and a few sequences were a little too slow and deliberate.  Not bad enough to put me off a series, but I wouldn't accept it in an Iron Fist movie.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 05:06:34 PM »
Only through episode 3 so far but I'm liking it.  Yes the fight choreography should be better considering he is supposed to be the worlds greatest martial artist and yet the Daredevil fights far surpass anything on this show.

The one thing I really dislike is that Danny has absolutely zero situational awareness, or for that matter awareness at all.  He could have been in New York during the invasion and wouldn't have noticed the giant mechanical serpents flying overhead until somebody pointed them out to him.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 08:23:28 PM »
The one thing I really dislike is that Danny has absolutely zero situational awareness, or for that matter awareness at all.  He could have been in New York during the invasion and wouldn't have noticed the giant mechanical serpents flying overhead until somebody pointed them out to him.

Pretty standard for hippies.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 06:58:18 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Strangling a guy rather than making him hear you sing the high note in karaoke a-ha. Who says the hand can't be merciful?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »
That guy singing Take On Me was one of the most tolerable bits of lyrical music so far, though...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 07:58:49 AM »
Andre 3000 at 2x speed is something to experience, and since that was the first few minutes of ep 1 it could only go downhill for me from there :P

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 07:40:21 AM »
And done. Liked it a lot overall, though like all of the netflix ones so far there are definitely better and worse parts. This one felt better in the middle than beginning or end to me. Still even the weaker episodes of these are light years beyond any of the superhero stuff on the broadcast channels.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
Definitely better than 'Dawn of Justice'.  Then again, almost anything would be better.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 12:24:08 AM »
Good differentiation from the other Netflix heroes, although the tone is a bit uneven. I really enjoyed it overall. 
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 02:03:15 AM »
Still not quite finished yet but it has the same weakness as Luke Cage but to a greater extent.  No real villain.  After Fisk and Kilgrave their villains are just plain boring.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 02:23:20 AM »
I think the Hand has presented decent villains in both Gao and Bakuto.  The Meachums have also been interesting.  And then there's potentially Davos.  If anything, there are too many good antagonists and associated plots.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 09:09:57 PM »
Just finished it this morning and the ending was unsatisfying. Joy really seems like an idiot by the end.  Danny never even gets a mask or even loses the beard.  There's a lot left hanging with little to no real resolution.  It feels like half a season.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 09:54:16 AM »
I've only seen the first episode, but it doesn't seem too bad. It has my attention better than anything on TV right now.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 10:20:34 AM »
 >:(
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 02:06:47 AM »
Finished it.

Not horrible, but not the best either. Figured out who the big bad would be in the finale pretty much from his first appearance.