Author Topic: Arrow Season 5  (Read 23556 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 5
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »
Nice to see somebody finally telling Curtis to use his brain instead of his brawn.  I still don't like the fact that an Olympic athlete is clumsier than people with two weeks training but at least now we should start to see his iconic gadgets.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »
Verification via Flash memo... nice.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »
Verification via Flash memo... nice.

The neater trick was how he telepathically contacted Barry to do it.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 10:50:53 PM »
The neater trick was how he telepathically contacted Barry to do it.

I didn't know texting was telepathy.  I feel cheated by Professor X now.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »
Did it show him texting? I must've missed that.

Also do we suppose Felicity's putting the flash drive in the arrow cave computer that she got from the stranger on the dark web is going to cause no problems?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2017, 12:50:57 AM »

Also do we suppose Felicity's putting the flash drive in the arrow cave computer that she got from the stranger on the dark web is going to cause no problems?
I was assuming Felicity's smart enough to be using an air-gapped system.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2017, 03:09:48 AM »
For some reason, I found myself thinking that the visuals of opening Pandora were going to hypnotize her into becoming her old hacktivist self.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2017, 03:23:21 PM »
Yes. After Singh doubts him, Oliver takes the phone away from his ear and begins tapping. They don't show the contents of the text, but cut back to Flash putting a post it note on Sings monitor.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
"Go... in case this doesn't work."

Yeah, because she was totally going to get 50+ miles away in 5 minutes.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2017, 06:31:36 PM »
When Felicity, Rory and Curtis were playing bratva, I got a real Mod Squad vibe - the little white guy, the tall black guy, and the blonde. With the hair and sunglasses, Curtis even seemed like he was trying to look like Clarence Williams III.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2017, 01:54:32 PM »
Odd ratings warning... maybe they crossed some arbitrary squib threshold for the Violence, but what garnered the Language?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2017, 01:56:17 AM »
They went out on a limb and debated gun control/ownership.  Touchy subject.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2017, 03:18:58 AM »
Disappointing non-episode. Contributed nothing to any of the storylines, outside of maybe the fact that we got Rene's backstory. But the characters were not being themselves. They felt like students in a school play, presenting the stock arguments on the gun-control debate. You could lose the whole episode without compromising one solitary aspect of the season, aside from Thea's suddenly popping up again after her prolonged absence.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2017, 09:16:32 AM »
Oh yay, the Arrowverse joins the grand dc tradition of hamfisted PSA oneshots.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2017, 10:29:51 AM »
But hamfists do make the best knuckle sandwiches...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2017, 10:51:18 AM »
And even after several handwashes you can still smell the delicious ham goodness.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2017, 03:58:47 AM »
Disappointing non-episode. Contributed nothing to any of the storylines, outside of maybe the fact that we got Rene's backstory. But the characters were not being themselves. They felt like students in a school play, presenting the stock arguments on the gun-control debate. You could lose the whole episode without compromising one solitary aspect of the season, aside from Thea's suddenly popping up again after her prolonged absence.

This. At least they tried to come at it from both perspectives, and ultimately came up with a magical solution that pleases both camps.

But I agree, the episode felt off, the characters were plastic, and the overacting was 10x worse than usual. The only redeeming factor was Renee's character development.

They need to stop with trying to "tackle the hard issues" because they aren't very good at it. Star Trek is about the only show that immediately comes to mind that could successfully pull that off.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »
I thought their city ordinances that make everyone happy (but we're not going to tell you what they are) was sloppy writing.  If it was that simple that Ollie and Rene could hash it out in an afternoon, it wouldn't be an ongoing discussion for decades on end.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
This last episode both thrilled me and made me very angry. 

First the good
Spoiler for Hidden:
T-Spheres
.  It's about time.

Now the bad. 
Spoiler for Hidden:
Adrian Chase is Prometheus?  Minor changes to the universe are no big deal but this reminds me of the Hawk/Monarch crap DC pulled once upon a time. The fans know something that is supposed to be a shocking reveal so DC completely changes a major character's motivations, methods, and powers. This is more infuriating than Felicity getting angry about any lie when she herself is a pathological liar.  What is next?  Grodd turns out to be Damien Darhk in a gorilla costume?  J'onn J'onzz is actually Chameleon Boy sent back in time to protect Supergirl from Monel who is secretly Guy Gardner in disguise?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »
They keep this up and in a few weeks we'll find out supergirl is really from Atlantis.