Author Topic: Arrow Season 5  (Read 23561 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 5
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2017, 07:31:55 AM »
I'm anticipating that Diggle, from his time in the military, eventually recognizes that Chase brainwashed Oliver and helps him out of it in some way, pointing out that, after Tommy died, Oliver made a conscious decision to stop killing. Dig does tend to serve as Ollie's anchor.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »
In my head, that message the U.S. Marshal received which caused Adrian to go ballistic without seeing it, was actually just a funny cat picture that had nothing to do with Prometheus.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
In my head, that message the U.S. Marshal received which caused Adrian to go ballistic without seeing it, was actually just a funny cat picture that had nothing to do with Prometheus.

Of course. And when the marshal started to approach him, it was just to say, "Hey, Chase, you have to see this!"

Playing The Rascals' "A Beautiful Morning" over the last scene was a twisted choice, that fit Chase perfectly.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2017, 05:16:29 AM »
I wonder if Chase will, somehow, implicate Green Arrow in his escape, and the murdering of the two U.S. marshals, trying to get the feds after G.A.

It reeks that we have three and a half weeks before it returns. This season's vastly improved over last.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »
The warehouse set in this week's episode gave me game flashbacks.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2017, 10:38:40 AM »
I was really expecting Rene to get killed or seriously injured in the Helix raid.  What with the heartfelt reunion and promise to his daughter, everyone giving Felicity heck about working with Helix, and then Felicity's insistence/concern that no one was to be hurt in the raid.  So there was no real payoff to all that preaching to Felicity.  Or to Diggle's wife, for that matter.  It's like the whole episode only existed to hastily get rid of Helix, like they were sorry they made it into such a prominent part of the show and just wanted to sweep it under a rug.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2017, 01:43:47 AM »
I was really expecting Rene to get killed or seriously injured in the Helix raid.  What with the heartfelt reunion and promise to his daughter, everyone giving Felicity heck about working with Helix, and then Felicity's insistence/concern that no one was to be hurt in the raid.  So there was no real payoff to all that preaching to Felicity.  Or to Diggle's wife, for that matter.  It's like the whole episode only existed to hastily get rid of Helix, like they were sorry they made it into such a prominent part of the show and just wanted to sweep it under a rug.

Wasn't the raid going on at the same time Rene was meeting his daughter?

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2017, 02:03:12 AM »

Shovel Archery.  We have a new contender to replace Bazooka Melee.  (Yes, slow response time.  I had an anniversary to work on.)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2017, 03:36:43 AM »
For this show you're going to need a bigger shovel arrow. Several quivers in fact.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2017, 04:42:54 AM »
Wasn't the raid going on at the same time Rene was meeting his daughter?

Seemed more like a daytime meeting than deep into the dead of night.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2017, 06:42:33 AM »
In the words of the noted sage - "If I didn't have such a vague memory of the rest of the season, I'd call last night's episode the most pointless of this season."

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2017, 07:02:02 AM »
In the words of the noted sage - "If I didn't have such a vague memory of the rest of the season, I'd call last night's episode the most pointless of this season."

And worst of all, in amongst the pointless relationship drama not really getting worked out, they managed to put in a bunch of stupid flashback sequences to something that apparently happened earlier in this very season.  Pretty soon they're going to cause some sort of Arrowpoint Paradox by flashing back to something that will actually happen in the future.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2017, 08:08:33 AM »
Sometimes there's just not enough nothing in the present to fill 42 minutes so you have to flashback to some earlier nothing.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The whole 'logic' of Chase's plan and them figuring it out was hilarious btw.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2017, 03:40:37 AM »
One important thing did happen in this episode.  Felicity finally realized that she was an idiot and a hypocrite.  I'm sure it won't stick and before season end she will once again be yelling at Oliver about keeping secrets.  But you know... baby steps and all that.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2017, 08:52:43 PM »
Oh, cripes...  Oliver is breaking time and space with his infinitely expanding past.  Barry isn't the temporal menace... it's Ollie and this Flashbackpoint he's created.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2017, 09:06:04 PM »
I know we've all been eagerly anticipating the return to the island in the same way one might eagerly anticipate a visit to the proctologist.

So all 4 cw shows are now officially renewed. I was stunned by that until I remembered that Charmed ran like 8 or 9 seasons and Supernatural is still somehow still on. I'm thinking we'll get our 4x weekly doses of contrived honesty arguments until the casts have finally had enough.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2017, 02:07:50 AM »
I *like* Supernatural, but still think it should have ended a couple of times over...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2017, 02:26:53 AM »
I watched the first couple seasons but it never really drew me in and was already starting to wear thin. Not nearly as thin as these shows but I had no particular compulsion to watch it.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2017, 07:18:10 PM »
Supernatural got better when it started having a heaven/hell story arc and stopped being a monster of the week show.  But then that story line petered out and started dragging.  But I think the best thing they did was add Misha Collins as a series regular.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2017, 02:25:47 AM »
OK, so the show really frustrates me a lot of the time with characters behaving completely irrationally.  But at least the fight choreography is good most the time.

And I really hope they are never going to bring Thea back again if they are make her limited appearances as pointless and annoying as the last couple.  She's back to being season 1 Thea.  Horrible, whiny, and useless.