Author Topic: Official Bug Thread  (Read 43201 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Official Bug Thread
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 09:19:02 PM »
Edit 2: Some additional badge issues. The two progress-based ones in Praetoria don't award, which I'm not too surprised about because I figure they take more work. However, Going Rouge in Imperial City doesn't award either. Maybe that one's another weird typo in the files?

Yeah, I mentioned in chat that River Rat definitely won't work. Neither will the train one since progress for those locations isn't tracked.

Going Rouge isn't a misspelling, just a nonstandard one (ImperialCityTailor) that wasn't near the others in the badge list, so it got missed when I added special-case handlers for those.

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 10:57:49 PM »
PC keeps closing whenever I go to Pocket D. Especially to the Ski Chalet.

I can seem to hang out in any zone for any length of time. But when I got to Pocket D, Paragon Chat suddenly quits and when I log in again, my character is back in the zone that it was in before I mapped to Pocket D.

On a side now, the new "Map" power only appears on some of my characters's power trays.

Linuial

• Lieutenant
    • Survivor: a City of Heroes novel
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »
Two things: one, my favorite badge was "Bright Star" at the University in Steel Canyon...it doesn't seem to be working. 

Two: woohoo! for Teleport!  However, you can now activate all four travel powers at the same time...activating one doesn't turn off any other active one.  Screenshot to show you...and yes, if I click, I do teleport, and the other three travel powers *still* remain "on".  (They do seem to be on, not just the button animation, as you can hear the sound files playing for more than one at a time, and you do remain suspended due to "Fly" being on.) 

Ninja Run and Beast Run do still turn other travel powers off.  Sprint, Flying Carpet, Void Skiff, and Rocket Board do not.  Flying Carpet, Void Skiff, and Rocket Board turn each other off, as well as Fly, but not Super Speed and Super Jump. 

Oh, and Teleport works just fine, despite the fact that the button in the tray is grayed out when it is not selected.   

http://www.terraforming.com/image/travel_powers01.jpg

Oh...but if you hold off fixing it until the end of the Christmas event (CoHmas event? lol)...it's a really great way to collect gifts...fly high over a zone, teleport directly to the gift, and flight doesn't cut off... :-D 

Hmmm...now the Teleport button isn't grayed out.  Odd.  Wonder what changed.  If I figure it out, I'll add it here. 

Okay, here's one more: Mapmove just appeared as a button on the tray of a newly created toon, along with all the other main travel powers, but I don't see it on the list of Powers, and it did *not* appear in the tray of an existing toon. 

http://www.terraforming.com/image/mapmenu01.jpg
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:03:50 AM by Linuial »
Liberty and a plethora of others.  Altaholic.  SG Starfire.
"...and it's never too late to stop being afraid..." 
"...have you ever been caught in a sea of despair?
"And your Moment of Truth is the day that you say, "I'm not scared!"
"Unity" - - Shinedown

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 03:03:40 PM »
Two things: one, my favorite badge was "Bright Star" at the University in Steel Canyon...it doesn't seem to be working.

I just ran and grabbed it to check, and was awarded the badge. If you're sure that you're in the right spot, things to check are to make sure you're running the latest version (1.0.9.4), and that you don't already have the badge.

I'm pretty sure there are people who have collected all of the zone accolades now, so AFAIK all of the regular exploration badges should be working.

However, you can now activate all four travel powers at the same time...activating one doesn't turn off any other active one.  Screenshot to show you...and yes, if I click, I do teleport, and the other three travel powers *still* remain "on".  (They do seem to be on, not just the button animation, as you can hear the sound files playing for more than one at a time, and you do remain suspended due to "Fly" being on.)

Ninja Run and Beast Run do still turn other travel powers off.  Sprint, Flying Carpet, Void Skiff, and Rocket Board do not.  Flying Carpet, Void Skiff, and Rocket Board turn each other off, as well as Fly, but not Super Speed and Super Jump.

That sounds WAI. The new powers system has better support for toggle exclusivity groups (similar to what the live game had). Jump powers are exclusive with other jump powers, but not flight powers or running powers. You should be able to run Super Speed, Super Jump, and Fly simultaneously if you want, just like you could on retail if you spent the power picks to take all three.

Ninja Run and Beast Run count as both running and jumping powers since they affect both.

Oh, and Teleport works just fine, despite the fact that the button in the tray is grayed out when it is not selected.

Oh...but if you hold off fixing it until the end of the Christmas event (CoHmas event? lol)...it's a really great way to collect gifts...fly high over a zone, teleport directly to the gift, and flight doesn't cut off... :-D

That also sounds probably WAI. The three special travel modes (Rocket Board, Magic Carpet, Void Skiff) intentionally lock out click powers as they completely break all animations, but other travel powers don't. Fly and Teleport should definitely work together. Super Speed and Teleport also now have some nice synergy due to the added tech to break out of the hover early (or immediately if you're holding down the movement key).

What would be a bug is if you have one of those 3 flight-with-a-prop powers toggled and are still able to activate Teleport. I was unable to reproduce that -- I got the targeting reticle as expected, but the power refused to activate when clicking a location.

Okay, here's one more: Mapmove just appeared as a button on the tray of a newly created toon, along with all the other main travel powers, but I don't see it on the list of Powers, and it did *not* appear in the tray of an existing toon.

Yes, as mentioned in the patch note, only new characters get the mapmenu macro added.

If you really want it on an older character, there is one way to get it. You have to completely empty out your power trays (the /cleartray command is helpful here), including deleting any macros, then log out and back in. If you log in with completely empty trays, you'll get the default powers added again, as well as the mapmove macro.

Linuial

• Lieutenant
    • Survivor: a City of Heroes novel
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2017, 11:54:03 AM »
lol  Long list of...nothing.  :-)  I just picked up the Bright Star badge, no problem...as soon as I approached the very same marker that I was walking back and forth over repeatedly and *not* getting it before.  (sigh)  Thanks for the info, anyway. 
Liberty and a plethora of others.  Altaholic.  SG Starfire.
"...and it's never too late to stop being afraid..." 
"...have you ever been caught in a sea of despair?
"And your Moment of Truth is the day that you say, "I'm not scared!"
"Unity" - - Shinedown

Kawless

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 11:48:26 PM »
I went afk, was idling in the new part of Pocket D, and came back to this:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   ParagonChat.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   5880204e
  Fault Module Name:   ParagonChat.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   5880204e
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00084d70
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   4105
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Korbian

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 08:14:39 PM »
So, now that the holiday event is over, a couple of us have noticed that sometimes when you try to open Mystery Gifts, you get booted.  If I had to guess, I'd say it happens when you would normally get the "odd thing to be giftwrapped" message, as it seems to be rewarding candy canes and powers without issue.  Not sure what other info is helpful, but it was happening regardless of zone and player population.  Thanks, hon.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2017, 09:08:26 PM »
Yep, looks like it has to do with the new way that some of the fx modifications are loaded.

Found and fixed, thanks!

Kawless

• Minion
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 05:01:47 AM »
Recurring event:
I can change zones on any character 1-2 times, whereafter the next zone change progress gets to 30-35%, and stalls until it times out to the login screen.
This has only been happening recently, since about 1.0.12
Paragon chat has not ever done this to me before.

It happens whether online or offline.
Restarting the computer has not helped.
Nothing new has been added, nothing changed, running on Windows 7 x64, Nvidia GTX 770, windowed 4K.

Update:
I switched to fullscreen 4K and the problem has gone away for now.

DrFortune

• Underling
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2017, 06:27:37 AM »
Apologies in advance if the answer to this question is buried somewhere in PC's vast forum archive. While resurrecting my hero back from Issue #12 using old screenshots I discovered at least two costume pieces that were are unavailable only under certain conditions that don't seem to make sense (and therefor I believe are bugged).

The problem only manifests when using an Armored chest:
Chest Detail : Stealth
Shoulder : Tech 1
are both [erroneously?] unavailable. I can hack them onto my hero, and there doesn't seem to be any clipping issues, so I'm at a loss why they would be filtered.

Thank you for making such an incredible... ehrm... chat client. lol  :roll:
"I have dreamed a dream... but now that dream is gone from me."

Korbian

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2017, 07:20:33 AM »
All of the tailor options are client side, DrFortune, if I'm not mistaken.  They made a lot of changes to the costume creator over the years, so it's possible that things that used to work didn't anymore by the end.  Unfortunately, it's not a Paragon Chat bug.  Possibly an oversight by the devs before the game shut down, or possibly intentional for whatever reason.  In any case (and forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn) it's probably not something that our beloved Titan team can address.

DrFortune

• Underling
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2017, 07:43:38 AM »
Thank you Korbian for the explanation. I wasn't sure if the costume rules were strictly client-side or not. But it sounds like they are. This is however such a tiny detractor from the absolutely monumental success that Code Walker et al have brought us. I almost didn't want to bring it up.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2017, 03:42:19 PM »
Apologies in advance if the answer to this question is buried somewhere in PC's vast forum archive. While resurrecting my hero back from Issue #12 using old screenshots I discovered at least two costume pieces that were are unavailable only under certain conditions that don't seem to make sense (and therefor I believe are bugged).

The problem only manifests when using an Armored chest:
Chest Detail : Stealth
Shoulder : Tech 1
are both [erroneously?] unavailable. I can hack them onto my hero, and there doesn't seem to be any clipping issues, so I'm at a loss why they would be filtered.

Thank you for making such an incredible... ehrm... chat client. lol  :roll:
In Icon, Armored>Chest Detail:Stealth seems to have severe clipping issues. I would think Shoulders:Tech1 would, as well.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

DrFortune

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2017, 02:07:49 AM »
MyriVerse, going back and checking for clipping I discovered I was NOT using the Armored Techbot, but rather the Tight version... of course, testing the garments with the armored versions confirms you are correct. Sorry for the false bug report.

psduckie

• Minion
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2017, 02:43:44 AM »
Rename token doesn't work.  I click the character I want to rename, click the rename button...and nothing happens.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2017, 05:44:45 AM »
If you use a DB Editor, renaming is easy.  Just change the "name" field in the Character table.

If not, if you have a toon you care about the badge progress and items with, not much of an easy answer on that one.

For one you don't, just save the .costume of outfits you want to keep (if their costumes are valid, of course... if DB Edited, you might need to dump the character into a CSV so you can remake it again), then delete and remake the toon with the correct name.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Revolution Calling

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2017, 10:14:41 PM »
So, I've JUST NOW gotten PChat and, once I log in the titan network XMPP, it works fine and dandy, but when it opens CoH, the screen resolution is HUGE. I can only see the top left corner of the screen, so I can't log in from there. Is there any way I can get into the settings to adjust screen resolution to allow me to see everything so I won't have that problem? Thanks in Advance guys.

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2017, 11:55:17 PM »
Try pressing Alt+Enter to get the game into windowed mode. If the window is larger than the screen press Win+up.

Revolution Calling

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2017, 02:09:01 PM »
I'll definitely give this a shot when I get home tonight. I'm crossing my fingers that it works! Thanks for the advice.

UPDATE: All is well. I got some good advice and it all worked out. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:37:56 AM by Revolution Calling »

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2017, 08:24:24 AM »
Unusual bug. In skyway city as a villain. On the map, Atlas Park is shown as "Mercy Island" King's Row is shown as "Port Oakes" and Talos is shown as Sharkhead.
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm