Author Topic: Jessica Jones  (Read 6680 times)

Magus Prime

• Boss
Jessica Jones
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:03:53 AM »
Wow.  Gritty.  ???

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
Re: Jessica Jones
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:47:29 AM »
Wow.  Gritty.  ???

SPOILERS! OH, um ... Carry on.

Waiting to start on it Saturday
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »
I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't a sort of hardboiled detective story...

And I'm looking forward to the Luke Cage series...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 08:41:56 AM »
Wasn't sure if he was going to pull off Luke Cage before I watched. Now I'm convinced. Can't wait for his series. I'm going to save the last two episodes for tomorrow though, eyes getting heavy. Really enjoying it. I like that it has a totally different feel than Daredevil yet still feels like they are connected. And the cinematography is fantastic. One of the best looking depictions of New York City I can think of for TV.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 11:07:04 PM »
Can't help thinking
Spoiler for Hidden:
that someone should have tried headphones before episode 13.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 11:17:57 PM »
lulz.....good thought

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »
Can't help thinking
Spoiler for Hidden:
that someone should have tried headphones before episode 13.

True. But:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Did they know enough about how his power worked to be sure that would be effective?

Generally, I liked the whole series. I especially liked that for the most part and except for the main antagonist, powers and superpowers were kept low key.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 08:25:21 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
if killgraves power is viral in nature (pheromones based in comix), then how would headphones work?

Just thinking.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 08:58:41 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
if killgraves power is viral in nature (pheromones based in comix), then how would headphones work?

Just thinking.

Spoiler for Hidden:
If you can't hear him you can't do what he tells you. The trickier thing is if its viral how was he able to contorl people through a hospital intercom?

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 09:55:03 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
If you can't hear him you can't do what he tells you. The trickier thing is if its viral how was he able to contorl people through a hospital intercom?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Remember how he was using his father to try and make his powers reach farther and last longer? I thought it was explained via dialogue that he amped up his powers to ludicrous levels and that allowed him to effectively saturate the entire hospital with his virus so everyone was in range.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 11:12:55 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
If Jessica knew she is immune to the Purple Man's mind control power why did she kill Luke's wife?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 12:28:17 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
If Jessica knew she is immune to the Purple Man's mind control power why did she kill Luke's wife?
I'm pretty sure she wasn't immune then, but something broke the control during the trauma of the event. You can see as she turns to walk away that she looks pretty stunned/amazed at what she's doing (not obeying).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 03:34:50 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Hidden:
My impression was that the shock of realizing what she'd just done was what gave her the additional strength of will to resist his power afterwards.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 04:03:02 AM »
Just saw episode one. Damn.

May binge over the holiday

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 04:33:53 AM »
Just saw episode one. Damn.

May binge over the holiday

Nah, the butler did it.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 04:30:59 PM »
Almost done.  Other than the awful subplot with Reuben's sister, it's been really good.  Halfway through, though, the producer's name became Kremzeek.  So, since a little electric gremlin was in charge, a bad subplot with an unlikable character is forgivable.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 09:36:35 PM »
I really liked how the show mentioned the events that happened from the Avengers movie.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 12:38:25 AM »
Who knew an electric saw could be foreplay.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 02:36:43 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Remember how he was using his father to try and make his powers reach farther and last longer? I thought it was explained via dialogue that he amped up his powers to ludicrous levels and that allowed him to effectively saturate the entire hospital with his virus so everyone was in range.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think it has to be a combination of his voice and the virus. Maybe the amping resulted in the virus lasting longer so it could saturate a larger area?

Spoiler for Hidden:
But if Hawkeye still has his hearing impairment he would be an awesome choice to fight Killgrave. :D

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 04:56:40 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
But if Hawkeye still has his hearing impairment he would be an awesome choice to fight Killgrave. :D

Spoiler for Hidden:
Since Killgrave's powers are a virus, would that mean it would only reach towards humans? It was never shown to be affected by animals. I wonder if some other non-humans, say... Asgardians would be immune to the virus? It would be a very short sided fight between Kilgrave and Thor for instance if that were the case. :P