Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78211 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2016, 10:17:09 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Gotta give the writers credit. They never run out of slightly different ways to have the same irrational break up melodrama.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »
I love the Reverse Flash!

Spoiler for Hidden:

First - I love the Matt Letscher's Reverse Flash.  Sociopathic, but not a megalomaniac.  He was less enraged than his last appearance after killing Barry's mom.  He hasn't hit peak anger yet, which was a nice touch.  It makes me wonder what the circumstances are that lead to he and Barry travelling back to that night.  Presumably we'll see that story from the other side at some point. 

I still feel bad for Tom Cavanagh who apparently joined the show to be the Reverse Flash but won't get to be him going forward.  They do take every opportunity to get Tom into the suit though.  Cicso's scream was priceless!

I liked that Barry was able to get the win in terms of speed/combat over RF this time.  He was badly outclassed in Season 1.  This is probably because we're catching RF earlier in his career, but later in Barry's.  A nice touch.  It's also hard to claim to be the fastest man alive when you keep losing to other speedsters.  I think they will need to find another theme than "I'm not fast enough"; two seasons of that is enough.

It looks like they're going to meet each other in reverse order, which is a fantastic touch.  Barry's meeting the RF in chronological order, whereas the RF is meeting him in reverse order.  In Season 1, Barry get his powers, meeting RF for the first time and RF is seeing him at the end of his life for their "final" encounter.  This time, they've both met before but Barry doesn't know the encounter where RF meets Barry for the first time.  I assume there will be a bunch of "middle meetings" over the next few seasons.  I also hope that the last time we see RF in the series is when RF meets Barry for the first time.  It would have some fantastic symmetry!

Presumably Barry goes to the future at some point for their first meeting and it doesn't go well.  This leads RF to start exploring backwards in time to find Barry.

I didn't like the explanation for why Eobard isn't dead.  "Because Speed Force!"  But, it's a comic book show and RF is a great character so it's ok (but not great).

I also loved that RF didn't seem to be all that concerned about being captured.  He's happy to chill in the cell, knowing that time would start to unravel and they'd have to let him out or face catastrophic circumstances.  Literally "chillin like a villain".  I loved it!  Plus Cisco's big question is where did you get the ring and the costume and RF's like "Really?  *That's* what you want to know?"

I was a little surprised that there wasn't a betrayal by Eobard when they were sending him home.  Maybe grab Barry or cause him to wipe out or something.  Again, he doesn't seem to have hit peak rage and he's always put a priority on getting home.  It was a nice surprise to see them skip the cliche.

I never read much about the RF in comics, but I adore the version in the show!

Edit:  Also -
Spoiler for Hidden:
Couldn't they use the tech that Well-RF used to re-power his speed after he was stranded to help Jay?

Jay's refusal to use Velocity-6 in the face of death is a little puzzling.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:07:21 PM by CG »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2016, 12:08:29 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Plus Cisco's big question is where did you get the ring and the costume and RF's like "Really?  *That's* what you want to know?"
Spoiler for Hidden:
Actually, he asked how Thawn gets the costume into the ring, which is a much more Cisco sort of question.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Actually, he asked how Thawn gets the costume into the ring, which is a much more Cisco sort of question.
Ah, I misunderstood a word in there.  I heard 'and' instead of 'in'.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm going to guess it's with help from the Atom at some point.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »
Ah, I misunderstood a word in there.  I heard 'and' instead of 'in'.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm going to guess it's with help from the Atom at some point.

Didn't Wells say he would be able to do it for Barry?

And I misheard it as well.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2016, 02:13:33 AM »
Thawn is back because the Earth 2 Eddie will come to E1 and take over his life as a detective.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2016, 01:23:28 PM »
Cisco after doing some hacking: who's the greatest computer hacker?

Everyone else: Felicity Smoak!

I laughed.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2016, 01:37:32 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Is Killer Frost wearing one of the Canary wigs?

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »
That was an ok episode.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Chromosomal Damage to Barry as a result of Wells' drain seems like a very serious problem.  I wonder if this will become a plot point for Barry or just dropped?

Obviously they're going to have to get Jay's speed back at some point this season.  Maybe the mapping from what Barry's original DNA was to his current speed-drained DNA will provide clues to help Jay?

Does draining the speed of others cause damage to Zoom, too?

Tarpit was underwhelming.

Feels like they were just setting up for next week's trip to Earth-2.  Apparently, while Barry's in Earth-2, Jay will have to defend Central City.  Will Jay be taking Velocity-6 or will they be trying something else?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2016, 03:03:53 PM »
Maybe he'll get his speed back with some Quick math.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2016, 03:50:05 PM »
Maybe he'll get his speed back with some Quick math.

nice pun.

Somehow they're going to have to steal back some of the speed that Zoom has stolen (how does that work anyway?)  So, I am betting Jay will get his back at that point, and that Jesse will get some too, to make her Jesse Quick.  And maybe Wally will get some too.  Oh, and that might also be where Velocity comes from since there was that news story recently about that part being cast...

Of course, all this is just speculation.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2016, 09:01:28 PM »
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:37:38 AM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2016, 10:21:04 AM »
Mayor Snart! ;D
Spoiler for Hidden:
and appearently Zoom never stole Jay's speed.
How's that for a plot twist?
Spoiler for Hidden:
"Name's Vibe."
"Reverb."
"Not the worst name you could've picked..."
Squee.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I honestly thought the E2 Cisco was going to be the other half of Deathstorm.

Since we ruled out most of the main cast this round, I am really leaning toward E2 Wally being Zoom and something to do with the Velocoty 6 serum.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2016, 02:03:16 PM »
Earth-2 has cooler cars.

Sonic hat punch is awesome.

Edit:  Thought I was close enough to the end that I wouldn't have anything else to say.  Any idea who the guy in the roboskull mask knocking on the glass was?

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2016, 02:38:21 PM »
Edit:  Thought I was close enough to the end that I wouldn't have anything else to say.  Any idea who the guy in the roboskull mask knocking on the glass was?
Apparently he's supposed to be a mystery until later

Earth-2 looked amazing!  I love the Art Deco look!
Spoiler for Hidden:
[notaspoiler]Barry's an idiot.[/notaspoiler] 
Keep your eye on the prize and get Jesse/stop Zoom. 

Unless there have been other people from Earth-1 coming to Earth-2 through the breaches (highly unlikely), then references to more breachers means there are other connected worlds (which we knew was possible).  I wonder if the endgame for the breaches will be that kind of extra-dimensional hopping.

Note the visions when Barry went through the tunnel: Old Oliver, Supergirl, looks like John Wesley-Shipp Flash, Jonah Hex.

Floyd Lawton coming back was awesome since he got buried on Arrow.

Barry talking to his Mom?  Damn.  That's probably worth the entire trip as far as Barry's concerned.

So many easter eggs!

Nice to know that Zoom doesn't drain speed directly.  I wonder how he's going to keep Barry from leaving the lair unless Zoom just sticks around and babysits?

Edit:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Also, it looks like Zoom isn't Barry's Dad (unless he's got a fantastic alibi).  Not Joe either. 

Notably absent from the episode was Eddie Thawne, but that might just have been an availability thing for the actor.  Also, Wally wasn't in Earth-2, but that might have been because Francine never came back.

I think we're running out of credible dopplegangers for Zoom to be.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:00:09 PM by CG »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2016, 05:18:47 PM »
Wild Zoom hypothesis: Jay's lost speed given form.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2016, 05:56:42 PM »
Apparently he's supposed to be a mystery until later

Earth-2 looked amazing!  I love the Art Deco look!
Spoiler for Hidden:
[notaspoiler]Barry's an idiot.[/notaspoiler] 
Keep your eye on the prize and get Jesse/stop Zoom. 

Unless there have been other people from Earth-1 coming to Earth-2 through the breaches (highly unlikely), then references to more breachers means there are other connected worlds (which we knew was possible).  I wonder if the endgame for the breaches will be that kind of extra-dimensional hopping.

Note the visions when Barry went through the tunnel: Old Oliver, Supergirl, looks like John Wesley-Shipp Flash, Jonah Hex.

Floyd Lawton coming back was awesome since he got buried on Arrow.

Barry talking to his Mom?  Damn.  That's probably worth the entire trip as far as Barry's concerned.

So many easter eggs!

Nice to know that Zoom doesn't drain speed directly.  I wonder how he's going to keep Barry from leaving the lair unless Zoom just sticks around and babysits?

Edit:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Also, it looks like Zoom isn't Barry's Dad (unless he's got a fantastic alibi).  Not Joe either. 

Notably absent from the episode was Eddie Thawne, but that might just have been an availability thing for the actor.  Also, Wally wasn't in Earth-2, but that might have been because Francine never came back.

I think we're running out of credible dopplegangers for Zoom to be.

I still stick to my guns that Zoom is E-2 Wally somehow. And I'm sure it has something to do with Velocity 6. Wells seemed to know Zoom's origin when this all started, or at least felt responsible.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2016, 05:58:03 PM »
Wild Zoom hypothesis: Jay's lost speed given form.

Actually not a bad idea. The comics had a Black Flash - which was like death for speedsters. Sort of looked how Zoom does.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2016, 09:09:16 PM »
Any chance they could just make the show Earth 2. That ep was way better than their usual fare.

Spoiler for Hidden:
And Jonah must've gotten hold of a quality unguent.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:33:52 PM by Vee »