Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78189 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2015, 03:53:48 AM »
Zoom looks significantly larger than Barry.  If Zoom is a regular cast doppleganger, I'd say Joe over Barry.

e-

Well could be something with all the Speed he absorbed that he looks bigger. But I never thought about Joe.

I do like that Zoom looks like the Black Flash or Death Flash or whatever he's called in the comics.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »
So, this week we get the intro of Hawkgirl (Kendra) and Jesse Quick on Flash, plus an off-hand mention of Aquaman (possibly) and on Arrow we get full-frontal Constantine!

DC sure is going full-on comic geek for TV these days.

Plus the greatest single line on TV in the 21st century, so far, "Our Dr Wells was evil. You're just a dick."

I was also put off by the way they portrayed Jay. I wanted classic Earth-2 Jay, but it looks like we're getting the old-school Jay look with the new-52 Jay personality.  Yuck.

What was the deal with Dr Light wanting to kill Linda Park... Still trying to figure out how killing Linda would allow her to stay on Earth 1 and get away from Zoom.  Did she mean she would start living as Linda@Earth-1 to "hide" from Zoom?  Then why did Atom Smasher (still pissed about them making him a baddie) kill his Earth-1 doppelganger?  Someting here makes absolutely no sense.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Wells seems to know way too much about Barry and his power limits and such for it all to be coincidence.  We know from the end tag this week that Wells is on Earth 1 to kill Barry as an agent of Zoom, so put me down as one of those that think Earth 2 Barry is Zoom.  It is the best fit from a story-telling perspective.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »
Jesse Quick?  I missed something then, could you explain?

You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2015, 06:35:09 PM »
So, this week we get the intro of Hawkgirl (Kendra) and Jesse Quick on Flash, plus an off-hand mention of Aquaman (possibly) and on Arrow we get full-frontal Constantine!

DC sure is going full-on comic geek for TV these days.

Plus the greatest single line on TV in the 21st century, so far, "Our Dr Wells was evil. You're just a dick."

I was also put off by the way they portrayed Jay. I wanted classic Earth-2 Jay, but it looks like we're getting the old-school Jay look with the new-52 Jay personality.  Yuck.

What was the deal with Dr Light wanting to kill Linda Park... Still trying to figure out how killing Linda would allow her to stay on Earth 1 and get away from Zoom.  Did she mean she would start living as Linda@Earth-1 to "hide" from Zoom?  Then why did Atom Smasher (still pissed about them making him a baddie) kill his Earth-1 doppelganger?  Someting here makes absolutely no sense.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Wells seems to know way too much about Barry and his power limits and such for it all to be coincidence.  We know from the end tag this week that Wells is on Earth 1 to kill Barry as an agent of Zoom, so put me down as one of those that think Earth 2 Barry is Zoom.  It is the best fit from a story-telling perspective.
Jesse Quick is Wells' daughter?

I was wondering if Kendra is Hawkgirl already.  She was fingering her necklace, but I don't know if that means anything.

I think Dr. Light was going to take the place of her Earth-1 counterpart so she could get away from Zoom and fake her death.  Atom Smasher was a psycho and didn't want to have a copy running around is my read on things.

I think Wells' knowledge of Barry and his powers is based on his research into Zoom.  I doubt they'll do the evil Dr. Wells routine for a second season. I suspect he was resisting Zoom and his daughter was kidnapped, so he went to Earth-1 to recruit the Flash into stopping Zoom. That's not to say that Wells doesn't have a divergent agenda, just that he's not evil.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2015, 07:45:29 PM »
Jesse Quick?  I missed something then, could you explain?

The actress playing Wells' daughter is the actress playing Jesse Quick.  So, I assume she will be Jesse Quick (or maybe her Earth 1 counterpart, although there isn't a Wells' daughter on Earth 1... that we know of.)

I'm betting since Zoom can apparently steal someone's speed, that he can also lose it, and that will have something to do with the origin of Ms Quick.

And Kendra traveled to Central City because of all the Meta-Humans, and she's from "far away" so I am guessing it's that bird person city that DC has.  (The name escapes me.)  Although I hope they don't go there and she "grows" wings after strapping on an Nth Metal harness, sorta like the comic.  Unfortunately the Hawks are notoriously hard to translate to live action without it looking just plain silly.  Hopefully, they'll change it enough to overcome that.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2015, 09:22:10 PM »
The actress playing Wells' daughter is the actress playing Jesse Quick.  So, I assume she will be Jesse Quick (or maybe her Earth 1 counterpart, although there isn't a Wells' daughter on Earth 1... that we know of.)

I'm betting since Zoom can apparently steal someone's speed, that he can also lose it, and that will have something to do with the origin of Ms Quick.

And Kendra traveled to Central City because of all the Meta-Humans, and she's from "far away" so I am guessing it's that bird person city that DC has.  (The name escapes me.)  Although I hope they don't go there and she "grows" wings after strapping on an Nth Metal harness, sorta like the comic.  Unfortunately the Hawks are notoriously hard to translate to live action without it looking just plain silly.  Hopefully, they'll change it enough to overcome that.

Which one was Kendra? I totally seemed to have missed that.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2015, 11:15:31 PM »
Kendra is Cisco's coffee shop girl.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2015, 01:08:34 AM »
Kendra is Cisco's coffee shop girl.

Ah. Must have not been paying attention.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2015, 03:21:04 AM »
She didn't say it until near the end when she and Cisco had a cornball moment and introduced themselves.  Easy to miss.  I wouldn't have caught it in a way that I remembered it later myself if it didn't trigger warning bells in the back of my head as something I should know the significance of. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2015, 07:16:00 AM »
When I first saw her, she looked familiar, and it bugged me that I couldn't remember where I'd seen her. I didn't make the connection until she actually said "Kendra Saunders". Then, of course, I wondered how I'd missed it, given how much I'd enjoyed the Legends of Tomorrow trailer.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »
When I first saw her, she looked familiar, and it bugged me that I couldn't remember where I'd seen her. I didn't make the connection until she actually said "Kendra Saunders". Then, of course, I wondered how I'd missed it, given how much I'd enjoyed the Legends of Tomorrow trailer.

That Legends of Tomorrow thing sure has a lot to live up to after that trailer...

Then, I read somewhere that they just started writing it a month ago?  Wha huh? 

DC TV has generally been better than Marvel TV (the opposite of the movies, ha!) so this winter replacement series had better be better than Agent Carter.  That's a tall order.  Agent Carter was near perfect TV.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2015, 08:15:55 AM »
So, anyone think it will take more than half an episode for Barry to heal his broken spine?
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2015, 03:04:28 PM »
So, anyone think it will take more than half an episode for Barry to heal his broken spine?

Anyone think he will use the wheelchair that his Wells used?

I thought Zoom did break his back even before - you heard a 'snap' when he hit him from behind during the fight.

I think after this reveal with Linda they need to rework the opening.

"I am the Flash. I operate in secrecy with my friends so the 7 people left in Central City won't know I am the Flash."

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »
Aha!  Now Barry has Zoom right where he wants him.  It's all still part of the fake-out to make Zoom get overconfident and drop his guard.

;D

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2015, 03:40:25 PM »
I am pretty pissed at Barry being paralyzed.  I know he's going to get better, but it's a horrific injury to endure.

It remains to be seen what has happened to his speed.  If it's gone, can they use the same treatment to bring back Jay's speed?

Barry getting hit by lightning was all on Jay.  Had he not run off, he could have told Barry how that particular trick would have turned out. 

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
I am pretty pissed at Barry being paralyzed.  I know he's going to get better, but it's a horrific injury to endure.

It remains to be seen what has happened to his speed.  If it's gone, can they use the same treatment to bring back Jay's speed?

Barry getting hit by lightning was all on Jay.  Had he not run off, he could have told Barry how that particular trick would have turned out.

They said if he didn't heal so fast he would be in trouble. So I assume that means he still has his speed.
I thought he had stolen it when he stabbed him, but I guess not.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2015, 06:07:29 PM »
I didn't realize it until someone mentioned it in a reaction video on YouTube, but, in last week's episode, the motion with which Wells thrust the helmet at Cisco's chest was a re-creation of when Wells killed Cisco in the alternate timeline.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2015, 11:39:29 PM »
I figured that was his intention, to trigger Cisco's power.
Mean, but effective.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:48:13 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM »
That Legends of Tomorrow thing sure has a lot to live up to after that trailer...

Then, I read somewhere that they just started writing it a month ago?  Wha huh? 

I read that they hadn't yet started production on the show itself by the time the trailer was released - the scenes that weren't taken from The Flash or Arrow were shot just for the trailer. The scene of Sara's resurrection in the Lazarus Pit, in the LoT trailer, was different from the scene actually used on Arrow, for instance.