Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78195 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »
HOLY CRAP!

King Shark!

Even after the build-up all episode, that was a shock.  This show really is going balls-to-the-wall comic geeky goodness innit? 

Now they need to throw in Kilg%re.  I would like to know how to pronounce it. 

And still waiting on Mirror Master

and Abra Kadabra

and The Top

And since Jay is hanging around maybe they can throw in the Fiddler and The Thinker too.   ;D

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »
That, Caitlyn, is why you hire for fit. 

If the particle accelerator didn't explode on Earth-2, where are all the metahumans coming from?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2015, 05:50:14 PM »
Jay mentioned a particle accelerator explosion. So maybe it did.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2015, 08:35:15 PM »
Weird. Maybe they fixed Star Labs?  It looks like it was intact, in addition to being a tourist attraction.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »
Weird. Maybe they fixed Star Labs?  It looks like it was intact, in addition to being a tourist attraction.

Well, the Earth-2 Dr Wells isn't really Eobard Thawne evil Dr Wells*... so... He's got more on the ball. 

* - or is he?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2015, 10:33:04 PM »
I'm betting Wells 2 is good and Zoom is Barry 2.  I have other possibilities in mind for Zoom, but I like the symmetry of that guess.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2015, 10:53:05 PM »
King Shark showing up pretty much takes the Flash Season Zero comics out of continuity. There not only had Barry already beaten him but he'd joined up with the Suicide Squad. Shouldn't be surprised I suppose. No reason to keep cancelled series in continuity a couple months past cancellation.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2015, 01:02:37 AM »
I have to say I already like Jax a lot more than Ronnie.  He has a personality while Ronnie was about as bland as it's possible for a human being to achieve.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2015, 02:04:39 AM »
King Shark showing up pretty much takes the Flash Season Zero comics out of continuity. There not only had Barry already beaten him but he'd joined up with the Suicide Squad. Shouldn't be surprised I suppose. No reason to keep cancelled series in continuity a couple months past cancellation.

He beat King Shark from *Earth 2* in these comics?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2015, 02:37:37 AM »
He has a personality while Ronnie was about as bland as it's possible for a human being to achieve.

And yet he's still runner up in his own immediate family.

And yeah i guess it was earth 1 KS.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
How many guesses do I get that Iris's half brother is named Wally?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2015, 05:08:30 PM »
And yet he's still runner up in his own immediate family.

Who do you mean?

How many guesses do I get that Iris's half brother is named Wally?

Full brother!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »
Who do you mean?

Full brother!

Oh. I thought she had the kid with someone else. My mistake.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2015, 08:47:03 PM »
Who do you mean?

Full brother!

I meant he's the least bland of the amell brothers.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »
I meant he's the least bland of the amell brothers.

Gotcha. I didn't know he had a brother, and his cousin Stephen isn't bland, as far as I know. Although you responded to a quote referring to the character Ronnie Raymond, so I thought you meant Ronnie Raymond had a brother.

Oh. I thought she had the kid with someone else. My mistake.

Well.... it's not entirely clear. Born 8 months after she left is all we get, and Iris's warning that if it's Joe's, it would crush him. I choose to think he's a full brother.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2015, 09:08:41 PM »
Ah, they're cousins. I thought they were brothers but they're too bland to google :P

And yeah, Ronnie Raymond was pretty dull in the comics too. Kind of too bad they skipped over the 3 part Firestorm with the Russian guy. That'd have been fun for one episode. Hopefully they'll skip the fire elemental retcon too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:16:27 PM by Vee »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2015, 02:13:51 AM »
Cool episode except for one thing:

Thanks for spitting on Jay Garrick. I know he's not the same as the 'real' Earth-2 Jay, younger first of all and only had his speed two years but jeez.

"How do I do that Jay?"

"um um  um  I don't know"

And him turning tail and walking away on the team.

Also Caitlyn seemed to have gotten over her dead husband pretty quick.

Plus if Barry was fast enough to dodge her shots that first round, why didn't he just dodge the beam and run up to her and punch her or grab her?

I guess fastest man alive doesn't include thinking on his feet.

Pretty sure Wells isn't Zoom this time, though he seems like he has something he is hiding.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2015, 02:35:43 AM »
So something that occurred to me ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
What if Earth 2 Barry is actually Zoom?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2015, 03:03:37 AM »
So something that occurred to me ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
What if Earth 2 Barry is actually Zoom?

I thought about that too.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Would be interesting. Barry sees Wells as the guy who killed his mother and other bad things.
Wells sees Barry as Zoom and all the problems and death and destruction he caused.

Remember Cisco said something about turning evil after getting powers. Could be what happened to Barry. Maybe on Earth 2 he was married to Iris and she was killed in the accelerator explosion. zoom seems to have a personal grudge against Wells.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2015, 03:37:12 AM »
Zoom looks significantly larger than Barry.  If Zoom is a regular cast doppleganger, I'd say Joe over Barry.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.