Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78168 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2015, 02:43:37 AM »
It's based on Hermes/Mercury's helmet from Greco-Roman mythology.  It's the same reason that Flash always had wings on his boots ... Hermes had winged sandals that allowed him to fly.

I know what its from, I just think its not aerodynamic. But I guess in comic book physics it doesn't matter.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »
I smiled when Jay said he was doing Hard (or Heavy) Water experiments. That's right from his origin story in Flash #1.

Also while I love the helmet, I don't get why he wears it, never did. Isn't that bad aerodynamics?

Well, in the show, it's his dad's. And if he can run close to the speed of light, maybe it doesn't matter.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2015, 02:00:29 PM »
Well, in the show, it's his dad's. And if he can run close to the speed of light, maybe it doesn't matter.

Was it his dad's WWI helmet in the comics, too?

That would make sense.  I've always loved how he sometimes uses the helmet as a shield or weapon. 

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2015, 06:17:30 PM »
I don't know about the comics; probably not. Besides, it's War of the Americas :p
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2015, 06:27:34 PM »
I don't know about the comics; probably not. Besides, it's War of the Americas :p

Ah, I thought I remembered that... Yep.

The helmet belonged to Jay's father, Joseph, who fought during World War I
--The Flash (vol. 2) #208 (May 2004)

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2015, 03:46:37 PM »
The only thing I hate about this show is Captain Cold and Heat Wave. I've seen better acting from Power Ranger villains.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
The only thing I hate about this show is Captain Cold and Heat Wave. I've seen better acting from Power Ranger villains.

It's weird that they'd get the two brothers from Prison Break to play them and then not have a running joke where they keep breaking out of the super jail.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2015, 02:23:03 AM »
First, Atom-Smasher; then, Sand Demon.

Spoiler for Hidden:
So, we're just flat-out killing Earth-2 bad guys this season?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2015, 01:56:02 AM »

Liked tonight's episode, but a couple things struck me...

Spoiler for Hidden:
At first I thought I heard Jay wrong, but he's also only been the Flash for 2 years. If that's the case, why does he so much more experience with the Speed Force? Is he that much brighter than Barry?

And ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Is Jay a physicist as well as a chemist? How else could he make that Speed Cannon?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2015, 03:30:54 AM »
Liked tonight's episode, but a couple things struck me...

Spoiler for Hidden:
At first I thought I heard Jay wrong, but he's also only been the Flash for 2 years. If that's the case, why does he so much more experience with the Speed Force? Is he that much brighter than Barry?

And ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Is Jay a physicist as well as a chemist? How else could he make that Speed Cannon?

I guess he can do both. I just wonder will he get his speed back on Earth 2. He did say something about Zoom stealing it from him though, so maybe not right away.

And I like how they keep hinting Wells-2 as a big bad villain. When he will probably be just the opposite.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2015, 09:01:25 AM »
So um, frozen lasers?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2015, 12:44:04 PM »
So um, frozen lasers?

Yeah, what was up with that?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
Yeah, what was up with that?

Ok so a guy can run at super speed, throw lightening by using said speed, a guy merges with another guy and shoots flames and flies, yet frozen lasers bother you?

;)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2015, 05:40:46 PM »
There's always a line that can be crossed.  Freezing beams of light crossed it for me.  And I easily accept a lot of things that cause many people to question.  But that moment made me have a WTF double-take the likes of which I haven't had since Superman threw a cellophane S from his chest at someone and wrapped them up.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »
There's always a line that can be crossed.  Freezing beams of light crossed it for me.  And I easily accept a lot of things that cause many people to question.  But that moment made me have a WTF double-take the likes of which I haven't had since Superman threw a cellophane S from his chest at someone and wrapped them up.

Believe it or not, my WTF moment this week was Cisco having to use the neato-heating Flash emblem to get Barry out of Captain Cold's ice block rather than Barry just vibrating his way out.

Wonder how cold light particles would have to get to freeze?

ANd... When the hell is Mirror Master going to show up?  ARGH!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »
Ok so a guy can run at super speed, throw lightening by using said speed, a guy merges with another guy and shoots flames and flies, yet frozen lasers bother you?

;)

Well they always make up some vaguely science-y sounding nonsense for the other stuff.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2015, 02:05:15 AM »
He didn't actually freeze the light, just the laser projectors.  You even hear him say they will thaw.  The ice just condensed along the path of the lasers because the air at those points was ionized due to the laser beams.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2015, 02:27:12 AM »
Except he didn't aim at the emitters, that'd have made too much sense. And the gun's never had an AoE effect before. So I'm still crying foul unless I see that they widened the cone in the patch notes.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2015, 04:36:18 PM »
Except he didn't aim at the emitters, that'd have made too much sense. And the gun's never had an AoE effect before. So I'm still crying foul unless I see that they widened the cone in the patch notes.

I like how you say "widened the cone in the patch notes" as if the characters are in City of Heroes and there are devs to make such tweaks as part of "the code". :D

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »
His gun hadn't shown the ability to fire bolts like the one he used for the final act, either. He's clearly learned some new stuff. No patch notes needed, he just took a while to level up to gain new powers.