Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78183 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 05:04:12 PM »
Its actually pasted into the first topic on this post. Not sure how you missed it.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 05:49:11 PM »
It took me a while to figure out why that cover looks weird: both Barry and Jay are running so that the same-side arm and leg move forward together. Maybe that's the secret to super-speed?

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/10/nobody-knows-what-running-looks-like/381171/

It's a common mistake, although the original cover got it right.

Its actually pasted into the first topic on this post. Not sure how you missed it.

Not the original page it references. No indication that exists in post one here.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 06:31:52 PM »
Yes, I could have but I didn't because I assumed that everyone is familiar with the original comic cover.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 02:12:12 AM »
The Atom Smasher costume doesn't look nearly as bad in motion as it did in stills.  I imagine that's because of post production touch up but whatever the reason I'm glad it happened.

The thing I'm most excited about though is
Spoiler for Hidden:
Tony Todd
as Zoom.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 04:15:01 AM »
The Atom Smasher costume doesn't look nearly as bad in motion as it did in stills.  I imagine that's because of post production touch up but whatever the reason I'm glad it happened.

The thing I'm most excited about though is
Spoiler for Hidden:
Tony Todd
as Zoom.

He is from Earth 2, so I assume an enemy of Jay. But Thawne must have had dealings with Earth 2 as he certainly recognized Jay's hat as it clunked out of the portal.

I've loved Tony Todd ever since he played Worf's brother. He has a great voice.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 02:09:25 AM »

Hmmm, weird. I see the Flash Season Two poster but not the comic cover. Oh well.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 02:31:45 AM »

Hmmm, weird. I see the Flash Season Two poster but not the comic cover. Oh well.

Actually its my fault. I misunderstood your message. I thought you meant the Season Two poster wasn't posted, but you actually were talking about the COMIC cover. So my mistake.

And its a pretty famous cover, and was also used for a Flash cover I think after Crisis when both Flashes were on the same Earth.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 04:10:24 AM »
And its a pretty famous cover

It's the cover of the issue that literally started the entire idea of a multiverse in comics, so... yeah. Arguably the one that is responsible for the vast majority of major studio changing events.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 03:26:30 PM »
He is from Earth 2, so I assume an enemy of Jay. But Thawne must have had dealings with Earth 2 as he certainly recognized Jay's hat as it clunked out of the portal.

I've loved Tony Todd ever since he played Worf's brother. He has a great voice.

If the TV Zoom is supposed to be from Earth 2, they should have made him Rival rather than Zoom.  That would have blown the fanboy minds. (And joe public wouldn't know the difference)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2015, 02:55:43 AM »
The season-two preview, during tonight's rerun, showed a Bat-Signal type of spotlight, but with a lightning bolt on it (obviously). In case this device hasn't been named in a comic book by now, I'm taking this opportunity to dub it...the Flash Light.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »
The season-two preview, during tonight's rerun, showed a Bat-Signal type of spotlight, but with a lightning bolt on it (obviously). In case this device hasn't been named in a comic book by now, I'm taking this opportunity to dub it...the Flash Light.

Ok.  Good name.  You're FIRED!

Ugh.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 04:27:05 AM »
I'd bet really big money that Cisco calls it that at least once. ;)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »
Season 2 starts tonight!  ;D

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 12:57:55 AM »
Was good but I am scratching my head on the whole Eddie killing himself so future Thawne never existed.

If this is the case - then the first off how can a person who never existed leave a will on video?
For that matter the whole last 15 years should be different as the original Wells never died so he would have built the accelerator years later, like he did before Thawne interfered in the past. So Barry's mom should be alive and his dad should not be in jail and he should never had had to live with Joe and Iris.
Unless this is explained later in the season, it just doesn't make sense.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 01:22:06 AM »
Checked the thread before watching thinking there's no way there could be spoilers since no one would actually watch something at its broadcast time like some savage. Fortunately there were only mild spoilers :P

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 01:35:54 AM »
Well call me a caveman. I actually watch some TV when its actually being broadcast.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 02:07:11 AM »
Oh man that was so good. An emotional roller coaster. Mostly rolling up all loose ends from S1, and laying the groundwork for S2. Good stuff!

Unless you had some conflict, why would you ever wait to watch it after it was broadcast??

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 02:09:17 AM »

And one thing  that puzzles me...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Why would Henry Allen just up and leave a DAY after being released from prison? I would have had his departure happen a few episodes in with just some referrals that Barry was spending time with his father if they didn't want to pay John W Shipp to actually show up.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2015, 02:21:22 AM »
Oh man that was so good. An emotional roller coaster. Mostly rolling up all loose ends from S1, and laying the groundwork for S2. Good stuff!

Unless you had some conflict, why would you ever wait to watch it after it was broadcast??

That's like asking why I don't throw feces at it while I watch.

Once the invention of the dvr allowed me to skip commercials I haven't watched a show other than sports while it was broadcast. I've even gone beyond that now. My DVR is now basically there to remind me what to download so I can watch it without commercials and at 1.5-1.7x normal speed, depending on the show (ok 1.8x if you count the walking dead). I suppose that'll have to do until I can have things instantaneously beamed into my brain, which really can't come quickly enough for my tastes.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 02:31:29 AM »
That's like asking why I don't throw feces at it while I watch.

Once the invention of the dvr allowed me to skip commercials I haven't watched a show other than sports while it was broadcast. I've even gone beyond that now. My DVR is now basically there to remind me what to download so I can watch it without commercials and at 1.5-1.7x normal speed, depending on the show (ok 1.8x if you count the walking dead). I suppose that'll have to do until I can have things instantaneously beamed into my brain, which really can't come quickly enough for my tastes.

I have my computer and Windows Media Center for time-shifting TV broadcasts. And, for those that I want to keep, I have Windows Movie Maker. (I haven't yet tried their DVD Maker, but I have it, too.) (I don't mean to sound like a commercial for Gates' corporate leviathan.) It's not commercial-DVD quality, but what do you expect for free, not counting the cable subscription?