Author Topic: Arrow Season 4  (Read 31160 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 4
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2016, 04:45:43 PM »
I think it was George RR Martin who said it's a bad idea to always have bad guys with the same powers as their nemesis. 

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think having Bree with a spinal tumour and needing the biochip is cutting a little too close to the mark with regards to Felicity.  It feels like a terrible reason to have her on the show.  Frankly she could have just been there to get the plans and sell them to the highest bidder.  Being able to cure spinal injuries is HUGE.  Working biotech is HUGE.  There's enough reason there to get her to try to steal it.

They sure are taking the slow burn in getting Mr. Terrific onto the team.  He's a long way from field work at this rate.  Must be something for next season.  Will something bad happen to his husband to get him motivated?

It was cool to see how badass Oliver was compared to the rest of his team.  That's why the show it called "Arrow"  8)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2016, 05:22:28 PM »
It took me until a couple of weeks ago to realize that the actor playing Damien Darhk is the same one who played Dum Dum Dugan in the first Captain America movie. (I think he's stuck in alliterative type-casting.)

I met Neal McDonough.  He is the nicest guy.  And yeah, he has done tons of movies and tv.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
I met Neal McDonough.  He is the nicest guy.  And yeah, he has done tons of movies and tv.

?? He is ??

Holy 5h!t!

I had absolutely no idea. 

He's GOOD!

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2016, 08:30:17 PM »
The moustache is his glasses.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2016, 09:09:28 PM »
::checks imdb out of curiosity, and is amused to find that he has also voiced both the Green Arrow and the Flash::
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2016, 10:41:01 PM »
?? He is ??

Holy 5h!t!

I had absolutely no idea. 

He's GOOD!

I was totally surprised too.  He usually plays a jerk and I kinda expected him to be that way but NO.  He really impressed me with his charm.  I always get a kick out of watching him on Arrow now because I know that's not the way he is (now that is a great actor).

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2016, 03:08:00 PM »
I was totally surprised too.  He usually plays a jerk and I kinda expected him to be that way but NO.  He really impressed me with his charm.  I always get a kick out of watching him on Arrow now because I know that's not the way he is (now that is a great actor).

No, sorry.  I quoted the wrong post.  Meant to quote the one that he's the same guy that played "Dum Dum" not the one about him being nice.

My bad.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2016, 05:16:35 AM »
Okay, a bit of suspicion about tonight's episode...

Spoiler for Hidden:
First, we have the unheard part of the conversation between Oliver and Laurel, including the promise. Then, later, the crash-cart team charge into the room, with the doctor immediately announcing, "It's an embolism!" Someone with actual medical knowledge would have to confirm or deny this, but wouldn't they be incapable of diagnosing an embolism instantly? An embolism is a blood-vessel obstruction by a blood clot, gas bubble, fat globule, etc.; I doubt that you can tell that that's what it is without an autopsy. I think I smell a fake-out, here. Maybe it has something to do with Laurel's having been unmasked in the hospital - "her secret identity's about to get out, so let's fake her death".
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2016, 01:36:08 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I read the article on EW  http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/06/arrow-laurel-death-spoilers

It sounds like she's actually kaput, though she'll probably show up from time to time on Earth-2 or flashbacks, etc.

For me, the scene had no emotional impact at all because I literally didn't believe them until I did some reading after the episode ended.

Digg's a moron.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2016, 01:53:44 PM »
So, will Laurel's sister come back and become Black Canary again?

I hope so.  She was better anyway.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2016, 04:24:40 PM »
Seriously?  It's like they unsuccessfully tried to pull a Whedon.  That was awful.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2016, 05:26:17 PM »
But a good start as far as i'm concerned.

Spoiler for Hidden:
How funny is it that they used the "one last mission before retirement" trope?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 07:40:10 PM by Vee »

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2016, 04:09:45 AM »
Why the hell DC Comics or CW killed off Black Canary? They're going make a Justice League movie in a few years from now and they can't have a Justice League without Black Canary!!! I know that the TV series is a separate universe to the cinematic universe but, I just wish that DC would do the same as what Marvel is doing the tie-in universe that connects to each other....

In the comics Green Arrow is married to Black Canary....ever since the show came out I've been questioning why the show are doing things different from the comics like Speedy being Thea Queen instead of Mia Dearden. Now I'm outraged!  >:(

I'll probably stop watching Arrow when the season is over. The Flash is outstanding! I love it! The Flash is my favorite superhero and they're doing a fantastic job! I freaking LOVE Super Speed! I hope they don't screw that up........

After watching Batman vs. Superman DC Comics is falling apart. The only good job they're doing is the animated movies. Justice League vs. Teen Titans is good and I can't wait for The Killing Joke animated movie that comes out in July.

#Disappointed
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:20:45 PM by Dev7on »

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2016, 06:58:04 AM »
After this long of the Arrowverse's creators showing, overall, a lot of respect and love for the source material, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that they'd suddenly flush canon down the toilet, and spit in the comics fans' faces, on this scale.

Spoiler for Hidden:
It doesn't make sense, having Green Arrow without Black Canary; they're the eternal comic-book-hero couple.

With their making Felicity look self-centered, whiny, irrational and unlikeable, if they then killed HER off so that we can finally have Green Arrow with Black Canary - THAT makes sense. They're replacing her with Curtis, anyway, so replace Laurel with her! Make Laurel's death a fake-out as part of the plan to finish Darhk, and plant Felicity in the mystery grave, with her presence in the car being in Oliver's head! Problem solved; you're welcome.

Since she was unmasked in the hospital, someone's suggested that Team Arrow are faking Laurel's death to protect her father, so that she can keep going as Black Canary, with the public (and the bad guys) thinking, "Laurel Lance is dead, so this BC must be someone else." I sure hope so.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:37:55 AM by Super Firebug »

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2016, 03:00:33 AM »
I'm now hanging on to one bit of hope. We started out with Sara Lance as a pseudo-BC, with the wrong civilian name, the wrong codename, and a handheld, tech-based sonic attack. Then we got Dinah Laurel Lance, who had the right civilian name (although she went by her middle name), the right codename, and still a tech-based sonic attack, but one which used her voice to some extent. I'm wondering if, at some point, we'll get a Black Canary from a parallel universe: a meta with a natural sonic attack, whose name is Dinah Laurel Lance, but who will be called "Dinah" to distinguish her from Laurel, like with Harrison Wells and "Harry" Wells. I'd accept that. (It beats the living daylights out of the Internet rumor that they'll make Felicity the new Black Canary, of all the half-baked, cockamamie notions.)

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
I'm now hanging on to one bit of hope. We started out with Sara Lance as a pseudo-BC, with the wrong civilian name, the wrong codename, and a handheld, tech-based sonic attack. Then we got Dinah Laurel Lance, who had the right civilian name (although she went by her middle name), the right codename, and still a tech-based sonic attack, but one which used her voice to some extent. I'm wondering if, at some point, we'll get a Black Canary from a parallel universe: a meta with a natural sonic attack, whose name is Dinah Laurel Lance, but who will be called "Dinah" to distinguish her from Laurel, like with Harrison Wells and "Harry" Wells. I'd accept that. (It beats the living daylights out of the Internet rumor that they'll make Felicity the new Black Canary, of all the half-baked, cockamamie notions.)

Well, the *original* Black Canary, pre-Crisis, was from Earth 2, and moved to Earth 1 to be with Oliver after one of those JLA-JSA team-ups.  So... I suppose it's possible.

But, it could also be that the actress was ready to move on, so they wrote her out and that's that.  Canon means nothing when it comes to casting a show.  Remember the 90's flash show had an Iris West in the pilot, but that actress refused to do the series, so they paired Barry Allen with Tina McGee instead.

Things happen. 

Also, they've clearly stated that the movie universe is a different universe from the TV universe(s), so NONE of the TV actors will be in the movies.  So, they can still make that Justice League movie, and have a Black Canary in it if they won't to (hint:  they won't).  What's happening on TV means *nothing* to the movies.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2016, 03:57:11 AM »
I have an idea as to how they can defeat Damien Darhk's magic. Last season, Barry and Oliver appeared in each other's season finales. This year, Legends of Tomorrow can join in the fun. Presuming that Carter's mace disrupts magic, as Hawkgirl's did on Justice League, Kendra can take it to Star City and tee off on Damien's head like a golfer. It's about time that she took up Carter's mace, anyway, and actually became Hawkgirl.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2016, 12:36:53 AM »
Still trying to figure out just what's going on, before they come back. I wonder if it's just an amazing coincidence that the doctor, who treated Laurel, looks so very much like the Russian woman in the flashbacks.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:55 PM »
Why the hell DC Comics or CW killed off Black Canary? They're going make a Justice League movie in a few years from now and they can't have a Justice League without Black Canary!!! I know that the TV series is a separate universe to the cinematic universe but, I just wish that DC would do the same as what Marvel is doing the tie-in universe that connects to each other....

In the comics Green Arrow is married to Black Canary....ever since the show came out I've been questioning why the show are doing things different from the comics like Speedy being Thea Queen instead of Mia Dearden. Now I'm outraged!  >:(

I'll probably stop watching Arrow when the season is over. The Flash is outstanding! I love it! The Flash is my favorite superhero and they're doing a fantastic job! I freaking LOVE Super Speed! I hope they don't screw that up........

After watching Batman vs. Superman DC Comics is falling apart. The only good job they're doing is the animated movies. Justice League vs. Teen Titans is good and I can't wait for The Killing Joke animated movie that comes out in July.

#Disappointed

Anyway, dude... chill.  DC has already established that this is a completely different universe than the comics, the Supergirl show, and the movie-verse.  Let them tell their story without being slavishly beholden to the comic book continuity. 

Plus, BC and GA have not been a couple (yet) in comics since the New-52 re-launch, anyway.

This reminds me of the night I spent on the phone in 1992 talking down a friend of a friend who was so distraught that they "killed" Superman that people were worried he was going to hurt himself. 

It's just fiction... dude.   :o

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »
That episode was a bit of a train wreck.  Disjointed.  Characters acting stupider than usual.  An apparent throwaway stand-in for Canary.  And not much was accomplished.