Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 209941 times)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99h Beta!
« Reply #500 on: January 23, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
The channels you've joined are still there - sort of. If you had saved your chat settings (via the settings menu) you can simply load those settings and viola, there you are again. If you hadn't saved those settings you can manually rejoin those channels.
Every time you log in. Or at least for me it's not retaining any of my channels from session to session.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2016, 11:55:15 PM »
Just wanted to let you know I found a bug.
The map item hover overs are wrong because my chara is villy.

Same thing happens in the sewer. THe KR exit states it in Port Oakes.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #502 on: January 24, 2016, 06:57:18 AM »
The channels you've joined are still there - sort of. If you had saved your chat settings (via the settings menu) you can simply load those settings and viola, there you are again. If you hadn't saved those settings you can manually rejoin those channels.

Thank yoo...I see it now (after joining channel, Paragon Chat)  :roll:
yay!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #503 on: January 24, 2016, 07:32:03 AM »
Every time you log in. Or at least for me it's not retaining any of my channels from session to session.

Same here. :(

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!
« Reply #504 on: January 25, 2016, 09:03:51 PM »

Should be fixed now, in the update the just went up a few minutes ago.

Version 0.99i Beta
  • Global channel membership decoupled from the client's per-character settings (which it tends to lose for no apparent reason) and made account-wide. "Account" in this context means the game account you type on the COH login screen, not your XMPP account.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As there is no clean way to migrate from per-character to per-account channel membership, this means you will lose all of your global channels when upgrading to 0.99i. The good news is that since it's account wide, you only need to rejoin the channels once, and they will permanently stick now.

If you switch to characters created before joining a channel, even though you join the channel at login, they may not be in any that character's chat tabs and need to be added. The same thing happened on the live game. Saving and loading chat settings can help here.

• The chat channel settings used by the game client should be somewhat less likely to randomly disappear now.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #505 on: January 26, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »
Should be fixed now, in the update the just went up a few minutes ago.

Version 0.99i Beta
  • Global channel membership decoupled from the client's per-character settings (which it tends to lose for no apparent reason) and made account-wide. "Account" in this context means the game account you type on the COH login screen, not your XMPP account.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As there is no clean way to migrate from per-character to per-account channel membership, this means you will lose all of your global channels when upgrading to 0.99i. The good news is that since it's account wide, you only need to rejoin the channels once, and they will permanently stick now.

If you switch to characters created before joining a channel, even though you join the channel at login, they may not be in any that character's chat tabs and need to be added. The same thing happened on the live game. Saving and loading chat settings can help here.
  • The chat channel settings used by the game client should be somewhat less likely to randomly disappear now.
*hygienic fistbump*
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Baaleos

• Boss
« Reply #506 on: January 26, 2016, 01:08:37 PM »
I know this is still in development and there are loads of more important features that need implemented, but is it on the agenda to implement any PB or WS abilities?

I am thinking purely for cosmetic reasons at first. Even if PB could use energy flight, instead of normal flight. - I just like the glowing effect.
Or even the ability to toggle on shields, just to get the animation.

Tropic

• Underling
« Reply #507 on: January 29, 2016, 08:15:07 PM »
Saw someone talking in chat in Steel Canyon and it was an actual NPC talking on the phone! Awesome!

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #508 on: January 29, 2016, 08:25:49 PM »
There is! It was a homage to a guy named Ascendant.
I think he passed away from cancer or something.
I never knew him but some of my friends did on live.

Anyways, they implemented a famous dialog of his.
Well technically a monologue, but who's counting.
Read it here.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Ascendant-O's
http://www.virtueverse.net/wiki/Ascendant

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #509 on: January 30, 2016, 02:25:11 AM »
How do you get the Jump and Ninja Run in your power tray? Ran the update / re-validate / and even tried downloading from the link.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #510 on: January 30, 2016, 04:36:32 AM »
What version does it show on the login screen where you type your XMPP account and password?

damienray

• Lieutenant
« Reply #511 on: January 31, 2016, 01:46:13 AM »
Ok, this is odd. When I run Tequila, and click PLAY, the login window comes up and it "downgrades" from version I to version g-2. When I just run Paragonchat.exe directly (without Tequlia) it upgrades from g-2 back to I.  ?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #512 on: January 31, 2016, 05:15:24 AM »
The /mapmenu thing is cool.
One slight problem though.
Breakout should be on the Rogue Isle side not Paragon City.
Well, true the zig is in bricks, but breakout is a villain thing.

Kassandros

• Dead Already and Dead Again
  • Minion
« Reply #513 on: January 31, 2016, 07:14:24 AM »
Ok, this is odd. When I run Tequila, and click PLAY, the login window comes up and it "downgrades" from version I to version g-2. When I just run Paragonchat.exe directly (without Tequlia) it upgrades from g-2 back to I.  ?

This is expected. Paragon Chat updates itself and Tequila is a few versions behind. It's best to run Paragon Chat directly.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2016, 09:03:52 AM »

Don't run Tequilla then!

Seriously, you ONLY need it to get i24 and ParagonChat initially. After that, PC updates itself so you never need Tequilla again (unless you're thirsty :P).

LordRayken

• Underling
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2016, 10:58:00 PM »
This is super exciting. We need to get more development focus on Paragon Chat instead of people waiting on the NCSoft (that won't go through).

Stitchified

• Boss
  • Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #516 on: February 01, 2016, 03:28:30 AM »
This is super exciting. We need to get more development focus on Paragon Chat instead of people waiting on the NCSoft (that won't go through).
Duddeeee, you're killing me with your whole "The Deal with NCsoft won't work" mojo!

I get that it's a longshot, but come on, NCsoft has been SITTING on the Rights & IP for 3 years now!
Besides, I doubt that NCsoft is going to want to sit on the Rights & IP for much longer because if they do, they won't be able to sell it for all that much, not to mention the costs to renew their ownership of said Rights & IP.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #517 on: February 01, 2016, 03:57:39 AM »
On the other hand, if they were really interested in selling they'd probably have done so by now. I'm all for hoping we'll get the game back someday but at this point I wouldn't call it likely.

LordRayken

• Underling
« Reply #518 on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:59 AM »
Duddeeee, you're killing me with your whole "The Deal with NCsoft won't work" mojo!

I get that it's a longshot, but come on, NCsoft has been SITTING on the Rights & IP for 3 years now!
Besides, I doubt that NCsoft is going to want to sit on the Rights & IP for much longer because if they do, they won't be able to sell it for all that much, not to mention the costs to renew their ownership of said Rights & IP.

They aren't selling it. It's been years. They don't need money and don't care. It actually takes them time/money to try to actually sell it.
But yeah, spending anymore time on that "deal" is just wasting time from focusing on getting Paragon Chat playable and getting back to the CoH we all know and love. NCSoft certainly doesn't care, and probably never did.

My main point is that, there has been amazing progress on Paragon Chat, and I'm glad to see it's being focused on more and more. The reality is Paragon Chat is what will have to be focused on to get back to CoH.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:15:27 AM by LordRayken »

Darkfaith

• Minion
« Reply #519 on: February 01, 2016, 07:53:19 AM »
They aren't selling it. It's been years. They don't need money and don't care. It actually takes them time/money to try to actually sell it.
But yeah, spending anymore time on that "deal" is just wasting time from focusing on getting Paragon Chat playable and getting back to the CoH we all know and love. NCSoft certainly doesn't care, and probably never did.

My main point is that, there has been amazing progress on Paragon Chat, and I'm glad to see it's being focused on more and more. The reality is Paragon Chat is what will have to be focused on to get back to CoH.

You know that the people working on Paragon Chat are not the ones working on the deal, and vice versa, right? These are not mutually exclusive things. The work on both can continue on, independent of the status of each other, and if the people working on the deal were to stop...that still wouldn't change a thing about Paragon Chat. The status of the deal will not in any way change the speed at which Paragon Chat is being worked on.

Anyways, nice to see the new features, Codewalker! Great work!