Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 209925 times)

Azrael

• Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99g Beta!
« Reply #480 on: January 05, 2016, 06:19:48 PM »
I like the 'snow' effects in Paragon Chat.  Snow mist.  Snow falling.  Kings.  Atlas.  Very romantic.  Great stuff. 

Wonder if we'll get any 'Freezing Rain' sometime in the future?

Azrael.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #481 on: January 06, 2016, 12:26:59 AM »
I like the 'snow' effects in Paragon Chat.  Snow mist.  Snow falling.  Kings.  Atlas.  Very romantic.  Great stuff. 

Wonder if we'll get any 'Freezing Rain' sometime in the future?

Azrael.
Ditto, I'm loving the variations on snow effects.  Given how warm this winter has been for many of us, this may be the most snow many heroes see this year!  *wink* 

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #482 on: January 14, 2016, 04:13:12 AM »
Ditto, I'm loving the variations on snow effects.  Given how warm this winter has been for many of us, this may be the most snow many heroes see this year!  *wink*

Man, I wish. While we haven't had a ton of snow, we started with a nice winter storm on Sunday, and it's snowed at least a bit every day since. (Honestly, it's been too cold for it to dump tons of snow.)

Warrior21st

• Underling
« Reply #483 on: January 15, 2016, 11:48:35 PM »
I like .99g, good work so far. I cannot wait for .99h, Yes I know we all have to wait for whenever it gets here.  :) ;D

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #484 on: January 18, 2016, 08:17:36 PM »
Sooo... I was wondering... No news is usually good news, but I've always said, no news is NO news!

Not asking for any ETA's for features or anything, just wondering, is work still ongoing, or did CW have to stop again for RL reasons?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Paragon Chat 0.99h Beta!
« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2016, 06:52:13 AM »
Version 0.99h Beta
  • Added code to trick the client into thinking that it's in task force mode so that it doesn't automatically log players out when they are AFK.

• A nonzero helper status is now sent to prevent the annoying popup window when logging in.

• Characters are now checkpointed to persistent storage upon zoning, updating their bio, or modifying a costume in the tailor. This helps prevent rollbacks in the event of a program crash.

• Nonzero inventory sizes are now sent (1 recipe, 1 invention salvage, 10 enhancements) in order to prevent the tabs from being permanently red.

• Technology Preview:

• Added fake power Ninja Run.

• Added fake power Super Jump.

Known Issue: Paragon Chat does not have a real powers system, but only hardcoded approximations. It currently does not support having more than one active power, so it is not possible to run both Super Jump and Super Speed at the same time. This is planned to be addressed in future updates.

• Added initial implementation of jumping movement mode to the XMPP protocol, used by the two above power simulations.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The jumping physics synchronization is only a rough preview. It is likely to appear somewhat glitchy to other players, especially if you release the jump key before reaching maximum jump height. However, it's still an improvement.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2016, 06:55:40 AM »
Forgot to include in the patch notes, but it's not super important. 0.99h also includes updates to several external libraries that are used by Paragon Chat. Most notably:

OpenSSL 1.0.2e (security fixes)
SQLite 3.10.1 (database integrity and performance)

remyfanboi

• Underling
« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »
Awesome update! SJ is sooo much fun!  ;D

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #488 on: January 19, 2016, 07:35:01 PM »
Sooo... I was wondering... No news is usually good news, but I've always said, no news is NO news!

Not asking for any ETA's for features or anything, just wondering, is work still ongoing, or did CW have to stop again for RL reasons?

*sees patch notes right below*

......you should do that more often.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #489 on: January 20, 2016, 04:36:49 AM »
It's just wonderful to have SJ and Ninja Run back again.   Many, Many thanks, CW and team!!   :D

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2016, 11:35:30 AM »
It's just wonderful to have SJ and Ninja Run back again.   Many, Many thanks, CW and team!!   :D

My sentiments as well.  SJ was my fav travel power.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2016, 02:34:59 PM »

Time off for the holidays, somewhat busy with RL, plus the resistance of having to jump back in and remember what I was working on. Also, updates will be a little slow right now because some of the work is being done on the 1.0 release branch, as well as on architectural changes that don't have an impact now but are needed for planned features.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #492 on: January 20, 2016, 07:43:56 PM »
Just as long as we know you're still there, dude! Thanks for the update! :)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #493 on: January 21, 2016, 02:12:36 AM »
I actually tested super jumping on the Ski Slope.  Now skiing is challenging and fast again, yay.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2016, 01:07:50 AM »
Thanks for the 'fake' Super Jump and 'fake' Ninja Run travel powers, Codewalker.  They seem very similar to the ones I used when CoH was still 'live...'

Looking forward to 1.0 and good to hear work is ongoing building it out and architectural changes for future updates.

Azrael.

Achilles6

• Minion
« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2016, 03:18:52 AM »
So. COOL!!!  ;D

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2016, 04:41:35 AM »
Interesting, I never seen Ninja run before.....looks funny, least when I use it on my char. :roll:

I notice my Server tab no longer displays  everyone on Paragon Server.
only global friends, global ignore...

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2016, 04:49:49 AM »
Interesting, I never seen Ninja run before.....looks funny, least when I use it on my char. :roll:
It was a pay-for travel power, in the Ninja Pack before F2P or separately after the RMT market showed up with F2P.

That has never shown everyone on Paragon Server. It's only ever shown your Friends, Gfriends, Ignore, and memberlists for global chat channels you're on. If you're not seeing "Paragon Chat" there, then you've somehow left the Paragon Chat global chat channel.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #498 on: January 22, 2016, 10:23:27 AM »

Ninja run did look kind of 'stupid.'  Because of that...I swore blind I'd never use it in game.  I eventually did.  :P  It was like a combined swift and combat jump with a ridiculous 'broken back run' animation.

It was very good for getting around in zone and jumping over things.

Azrael.

Valtyr

• Finder of Lost CatGrrls
  • Boss
  • Not From Around Here
« Reply #499 on: January 22, 2016, 03:31:42 PM »

The channels you've joined are still there - sort of. If you had saved your chat settings (via the settings menu) you can simply load those settings and viola, there you are again. If you hadn't saved those settings you can manually rejoin those channels.