Author Topic: Paragon Chat 0.99i Beta!  (Read 210071 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.965 Beta!
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »
Hey Arcana, looked at my login stuff and it seems to be linked. I can log into Titan Network and it shows what user name to also use for paragon chat. It still tells me the XMPP can't connect and to make sure my login info is correct.Which it is. I looked over the link you gave me but I still can't find no info for this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Just to be absolutely certain, in the XMPP Login blank you have "Arcana@chat.cohtitan.com" (replace "Arcana" with your Titan login name) and you are typing your Titan password into the XMPP Password blank, and you are certain that you don't have CAPSLOCK on or anything when you type your password.  Then you push "Launch City of Heroes" and you get the error:

XMPP was unable to connect!
Make sure that your XMPP login information is correct.

If so, try this: open a command line prompt, and type "ping chat.cohtitan.com".  Do you see something like this:

C:\>ping chat.cohtitan.com

Pinging chat.cohtitan.com [23.92.20.216] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 23.92.20.216: bytes=32 time=740ms TTL=53
Reply from 23.92.20.216: bytes=32 time=769ms TTL=53
Reply from 23.92.20.216: bytes=32 time=782ms TTL=53
Reply from 23.92.20.216: bytes=32 time=648ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 23.92.20.216:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 648ms, Maximum = 782ms, Average = 734ms

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2015, 12:23:50 AM »
Hey Arcana, looked at my login stuff and it seems to be linked. I can log into Titan Network and it shows what user name to also use for paragon chat. It still tells me the XMPP can't connect and to make sure my login info is correct.Which it is. I looked over the link you gave me but I still can't find no info for this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Just an FYI, for you and anyone else: Arcana is NOT an official Titan Network admin. While she is extremely tech knowledgeable, if there are issues with your account itself, only Titan Network folks will be able to help you out with that. Obviously Arcana has made herself available to help with Paragon Chat issues, but I feel like the fact that she isn't "official" should be noted, particularly in the event that anyone has issues with their Titan Network account itself.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

StalkerHunter

• Underling
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2015, 12:34:27 AM »
That's my bad. Just looking for ideas from anyone that wanted to help.

StalkerHunter

• Underling
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2015, 12:50:37 AM »
No caps and password is correct.  Tried the pinging and this is what I get....

Pinging chat.cohtitan.com [lots of #s here] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from [lots of #s here]: time =73ms
Reply from [lots of #s here]: time =75ms
Reply from [lots of #s here]: time =74ms

Ping statistics for [lots of #s here] 
      Packets: Sent =4, Received =4, Lost =0 (0% loss),
       Maximum =73ms, Maximum =75ms, Average =74ms

Cyclone Jack

• Underling
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2015, 01:04:21 AM »
I must thank all involved in this project.  Logging in and seeing other players jogging around, tweaking costumes, dancing in the D, and partying under Atlas, made my year. :)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2015, 01:42:04 AM »
No caps and password is correct.  Tried the pinging and this is what I get....

Pinging chat.cohtitan.com [lots of #s here] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from [lots of #s here]: time =73ms
Reply from [lots of #s here]: time =74ms

Ping statistics for [lots of #s here] 
      Packets: Sent =4, Received =4, Lost =0 (0% loss),
       Maximum =73ms, Maximum =75ms, Average =74ms

If the IP address of the chat server is identical to the one I posted, and you have connectivity to it, and Paragon Chat still cannot connect, I can only think of three possibilities:

1.  You have something upstream blocking your ability to connect to the XMPP server.  A firewall, some weird ISP thing, something.  It would be difficult for me to troubleshoot such a problem remotely, although if you think that's a problem I would be willing to discuss it further with you offline.  Send PM.

2.  Something on your computer is blocking Paragon Chat from working correctly.  Also difficult to troubleshoot without more information.

3.  Something is corrupted in your Titan account that is not visible.  As this is something the Titan admins might be able to figure out relatively quickly, I would recommend PMing an admin to have them check your account, as Felderberg suggests.  Sekoia appears to be the main lead for handling such account issues.  If you do not get a reply, TonyV and Leandro might be alternate choices.  Codewalker is also a Titan admin, but I hear he's been busy with some hobby project recently.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2015, 01:49:25 AM »
Sekoia is out of town until the 14th. TonyV would be best to step in, but as posted in previous announcements, issues with Titan accounts may just have to wait until Sekoia gets back since he has fancy tools/scripts/I have no idea what that TonyV may not have access to.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2015, 02:00:14 AM »
Sekoia is out of town until the 14th. TonyV would be best to step in, but as posted in previous announcements, issues with Titan accounts may just have to wait until Sekoia gets back since he has fancy tools/scripts/I have no idea what that TonyV may not have access to.

The only other thing I can think of, if you don't want to wait for Sekoia to return, is you could register for a new Titan account and use that for Paragon Chat until the 14th, and then get your original account looked at and fixed then, and then go back to using your original account when its fixed and discard the new one.

StalkerHunter

• Underling
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2015, 02:03:19 AM »
Actually the numbers are nothing like the above as you said. Probably my ISP doing something weird.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2015, 02:09:20 AM »
Actually the numbers are nothing like the above as you said. Probably my ISP doing something weird.

Please PM me what they actually are.  It might be nothing, or it might be something.

bitmonkeyprime

• Underling
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2015, 06:17:17 AM »
alright.. i am in need of a bit of help here.. I just downloaded the chat client.. i copied my old I24 to it's own new folder and place the client inside as instructed. The Titian network launcher comes up and does the normal prompting. I sign in and get the front screen for CoH.. now this is where things stop.. because unlike a great deal of everyone else i know who has logged into this, i keep getting NCSoft's 'user agreement' page instead of ,apparently, one that is supposed to say " Be Awesome.".. As a result, i cannot get into the client ..Is any one else having this issue?
" They say there is no pain greater than that of a broken heart. When I rip out that heart, they seem to change their opinions pretty quickly. "

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2015, 06:24:07 AM »
Most likely cause: You have your I24 install under Program Files or Program Files (x86), and Windows is 'helpfully' protecting you from doing anything useful in there.

If so, either move the whole thing somewhere else, like C:\Games, or right click on ParagonChat.exe and use "Run as Administrator"

bitmonkeyprime

• Underling
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2015, 06:38:13 AM »
thanks! : ) .. that seemed to rid me of my initial issue.. i have read the forum and ,please bear with me as i am nothing close to tech savy, ..and i did not understand how to 'teach' your pc to accept the server address that comes up to log into the client..
" They say there is no pain greater than that of a broken heart. When I rip out that heart, they seem to change their opinions pretty quickly. "

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2015, 06:39:10 AM »
Bug: Keymapping in options reloads to default settings every time you mapmove to a new zone. Also Windows reloads to default settings every time I change the chat bubble color.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2015, 11:14:19 AM »
Bug: Keymapping in options reloads to default settings every time you mapmove to a new zone. Also Windows reloads to default settings every time I change the chat bubble color.

Yes.  I noticed that about chat bubble colour.  After I changed it...it changed back to default.  Still, it's no hardship to me to change it for each session.  I find it kind of amusing to 'walk' everywhere.  That's what I remember doing a lot of in my early CoH days before the proliferation of 'bonus' travel powers later on in the game.  12 levels of 'sprinting' everywhere.  Skyway...Hollows...back when debt was a running sore.  Hee-hee...

Azrael.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
Yah...I remember running through Steel as a lowbie, trying not to get killed heading for the Icon in the north LOL.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Paragon Chat 0.95 Beta!
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2015, 11:35:55 AM »
"Failed to initialize the database. Your ParagonChat.db file may be corrupt".
Go to %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Database in Windows Explorer and delete all the files in there, then try again.

Using -pcdir command line option as described here to change the path to my CoH directory fixed that problem immediately, while deleting %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Database never helped. It seems some component of paragon Chat does not like localized characters in your %APPDATA% path (in my case, "ł" ).

This would be a good thing to add to the FAQ, as I imagine there may be others with the same issue.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:28:36 PM by The Fifth Horseman »
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

jlbernardes

• Underling
    • @Dr.Gamma in City of Heroes / City of Villains
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
Edit: damn, I didn't see The Fifth Horseman's post before writing mine, but using -pcdir is much easier. So just leaving this here to say I had the same problem and echo the suggestion that this be added to the FAAAQ. :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:25:20 PM by jlbernardes »

TheClockmaker

• Underling
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »
So upon getting past my prior issues with Tequila and getting Paragon Chat whitelisted as possible in my firewall...

Logging in and completing character creation via ParagonChat ends up with me hitting Atlas Park with a Lost Connection To Mapserver?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Chat 0.95 Beta!
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2015, 06:07:44 PM »
Using -pcdir command line option as described here to change the path to my CoH directory fixed that problem immediately, while deleting %APPDATA%\Paragon Chat\Database never helped. It seems some component of paragon Chat does not like localized characters in your %APPDATA% path (in my case, "ł" ).

This would be a good thing to add to the FAQ, as I imagine there may be others with the same issue.

I've added it to my Common Questions and Problems guide.