Author Topic: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Make SURE your Titan account is up to date before 7/7!  (Read 35733 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
The current plan is to release Paragon Chat on the evening of 7/7 for the US, Canada, and Central/South America (1AM UTC on the 8th).

If you are planning on participating in the launch, it is CRITICAL that you ensure your Titan account is linked up and has a valid username for Paragon Chat prior to the 7th. You can check it on your account management page here:

http://www.cohtitan.com/manage

There are a few glitches in the account rename procedure that we don't anticipate will be possible to fix before 7th, but don't want to delay another week as the person who has to manually fix things when it goes wrong will be traveling and unavailable until 7/14. Due to that and to the anticipated large number of people logging in, we are planning to disable the account rename feature the day of the launch, and leave it off for the first week to ensure server stability.

That means if you wait until the last minute and find that your username has characters that are not valid for Paragon Chat, you will be unable to rename your account (and thus unable to log into PC) until 7/14.

That's why it is so important that you check your account management page NOW and verify that Paragon Chat shows a green light and is using the name you want.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
"The current plan is to release Paragon Chat on the evening of 7/7 for the US, Canada, and Central/South America (1AM UTC on the 8th)."

Release for the rest of the world will be a week later?
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
It was released 15 years ago for the rest of the world, but they misplaced it. They don't get another chance until they apologize for being careless.

Slightly more seriously, I think the Alaskans might see the release even earlier, in the afternoon of the 7th. So that would be the place to go to get it.

Kallandra

• Underling
What about for Europe?

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
That's intended to indicate that the time of release will be on 7/7 if you are in the US, Canada, or Centra/South America, but will be on 7/8 if you are in Europe due to time zones. No, the rest of the world won't have to wait a week. Everybody gets it at 1 AM UTC on July 8. :)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
That's intended to indicate that the time of release will be on 7/7 if you are in the US, Canada, or Centra/South America, but will be on 7/8 if you are in Europe due to time zones. No, the rest of the world won't have to wait a week. Everybody gets it at 1 AM UTC on July 8. :)

Does this factor in the leap second that was added on Tuesday?

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Darn it! I knew we forgot to account for something. Better make that 12:59:59 AM UTC on July 8.  :-\

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!

Good to know :)... big grats for all your efforts trying to bring back our beloved home  8) 8)
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
Darn it! I knew we forgot to account for something. Better make that 12:59:59 AM UTC on July 8.  :-\

How about 04:59:59 PM UTC on July 7 instead? ;)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss

It was a leap second, not a chroniton distortion field.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
It was a leap second, not a chroniton distortion field.

Second schmecond, I don't wanna wait another whole day! Waaaah!! :'(

* FloatingFatMan pouts

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Second schmecond, I don't wanna wait another whole day! Waaaah!! :'(

* FloatingFatMan pouts

Caffeine?

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
Caffeine?

If only it were that simple.  Some of us have to get up at 5am to go to work, y'know. :(

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
If only it were that simple.  Some of us have to get up at 5am to go to work, y'know. :(

Technically you don't have to get up at 5am, you just have to be up at 5am.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
Technically you don't have to get up at 5am, you just have to be up at 5am.

Alas, at my age, gone are the days of all nighters. :/

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
What about for Europe?

The same time, but most of Europe will be asleep. We thought it would be better to have the developers awake at the time of the launch in case something goes wrong and needs a last-minute emergency fix.

Not possible, it'll be pushing it to have things ready before the time I posted as it is.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
Not possible, it'll be pushing it to have things ready before the time I posted as it is.

All I can say is you BETTER not be late with your wholly voluntary gift to the community that has involved vast amounts of your time and effort for no compensation...

Or else...
Or else...

Oh! Or else I'll refuse to give you MY SUPPORT on Facebook and other online forums! That's what.  And I know from having heard other people threaten that, that that is the worst thing that can happen to ANYBODY. 

And it better not be lacking in some way, or I'll criticize you online until you are DESTROYED!  DESTROYED!!!

:)
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

GamingGlen

• Boss
Alas, at my age, gone are the days of all nighters. :/

The older I get the less I sleep so all nighters are more likely, but morning old-man napS do take their place.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
The older I get the less I sleep so all nighters are more likely, but morning old-man napS do take their place.

My boss once suggested to me that napping at my desk is, perhaps, not the best places to catch up on sleep. :/

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!

Don't worry, I'm just kidding, hence the smiley!  Release it when it's ready, I'll just sit here and wait, and maybe have a little sob into a beer. ;)