Author Topic: Paragon Chat FAAAQ  (Read 312613 times)

Knuckledragger

• Underling
Re: Paragon Chat FAAAQ
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
Sigh, pardon me for being clueless but does Tequila download the CoH client also?

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2015, 05:19:36 PM »
Sigh, pardon me for being clueless but does Tequila download the CoH client also?

yes :)   If you already have it...(it might be in your program files directory) then simply copy it all to a new directory in your My Documents and then put Tequila.exe in that directory and run it.   If you put it in an empty directory, it will download the client.  If you copy your old one, it will simply validate.
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »
I hope you're better at RP than you are at leading Toot Force.

i'm more a figurehead, nobody can control those weirdos
green hair

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »
yes :)   If you already have it...(it might be in your program files directory) then simply copy it all to a new directory in your My Documents and then put Tequila.exe in that directory and run it.   If you put it in an empty directory, it will download the client.  If you copy your old one, it will simply validate.

To amplify: if you do not have the City of Heroes Issue 24 (beta) client, then you download Tequia, make a folder somewhere and put it in there, then run it.  Tequila will download Icon, Paragon Chat when it becomes available, and the entire I24 client into that folder.

However, that could take a while because while Icon and (presumably) Paragon Chat are relatively small programs, the City of Heroes client is pretty huge relative to most people's download speeds.  And that speed will probably get a lot worse as Paragon Chat releases and people start all trying to update everything at once.  If you do have a copy of the Issue 24 client and therefore don't need it again, you could copy Tequila into that directory, whereupon it will just verify your game client files and only download what it thinks it needs (if a file is missing or damaged).  If you don't like the idea of Tequila messing with your game client files or are not sure which version of the client you have, just copy the contents of your game client folder into the Tequila folder, and then run Tequila.  Tequila will check all those files, and if they are the I24 files it will not download them again.  If they are not the I24 files or they are broken in some way, it will download what it needs.  And since this is happening in a different folder from your actual I24 client, there's no possibility of breaking anything you already have.  You do need enough space free on your hard drive for two copies of the game client though - about 6 gigabytes or so for the minimum necessary game client set.

Twi

• Connoisseur of Fine Imports
  • Lieutenant
  • Defender
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2015, 07:25:59 PM »
i'm more a figurehead, nobody can control those weirdos

I voted for Lizardman
I am a defender and so can you.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »
This may be a dumb question, but has this been load-tested yet, or is that pretty much what's happening tonight?

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2015, 08:11:35 PM »
This may be a dumb question, but has this been load-tested yet, or is that pretty much what's happening tonight?

No, and yes.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2015, 08:13:04 PM »
Just checked my Tequila cabinet and received this: Manifest download error for http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37952257/Tequila/titanicon.xml
The remote server returned an error: (429) Bandwidth Error.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #268 on: July 07, 2015, 08:15:21 PM »
Just checked my Tequila cabinet and received this: Manifest download error for http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37952257/Tequila/titanicon.xml
Ditto
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2015, 08:15:43 PM »

Same.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »
Woohoo its the first hiccup.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2015, 08:25:45 PM »
The rumors were true! It's just a private server for Codewalker and Leandro and their friends! I bet even Jim Morrison is allowed in. Stupid lizard people just ruin everything.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2015, 08:29:18 PM »

1000's of people retrying 1000's of times hours before the official release time as given out by CW a few days ago.  Whodathunk? :p

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »
Yeah dont get to upset it could just be due to them setting up stuff no need to break the refresh button. There is over 3 hours till stuff starts going on.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2015, 08:42:20 PM »
The rumors were true! It's just a private server for Codewalker and Leandro and their friends! I bet even Jim Morrison is allowed in. Stupid lizard people just ruin everything.

And they would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids and their dog.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2015, 09:04:22 PM »

From the Tequila thread a few minutes ago:

Important: the Dropbox account that held the Tequila manifest was shut down because of bandwidth exceeded (too many people downloading the client). You will need to either manually set the manifest to http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml in the Tequila options, or wait for a new download in a few minutes that will default to that URL.

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2015, 09:40:56 PM »
ok, so I changed the path to http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml , and re-launched Tequila. It updated, but Paragon Chat doesn't appear as an option. What do?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #277 on: July 07, 2015, 09:41:53 PM »
ok, so I changed the path to http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml , and re-launched Tequila. It updated, but Paragon Chat doesn't appear as an option. What do?

It's not going to be available until later. 1 am UTC, which is 9 pm eastern time. Or thereabouts.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #278 on: July 07, 2015, 09:42:49 PM »

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #279 on: July 07, 2015, 09:48:15 PM »
yep we still have over  3 hours 8). stay cool   obsessively reloading tequila trying to log in  early will just strain the servers.