Author Topic: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!  (Read 335303 times)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
Re: Titan Icon installer for Windows: Tequila!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2015, 05:12:38 AM »
A manifest is the list of files that Tequila downloads to install the game. The multiple manifests feature lets you enter a different address for the manifest, which may contain other files. Bunch of modified pigg files, for example, or a program besides Titan Icon.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2015, 04:04:50 PM »
A manifest is the list of files that Tequila downloads to install the game. The multiple manifests feature lets you enter a different address for the manifest, which may contain other files. Bunch of modified pigg files, for example, or a program besides Titan Icon.

That is... redonkulously interesting.

Just curious: did my note about NPC mode get taken care of?

So I selected the "NPC Mode" in Tequila, but it appears to have only opened the I24 client. I had to add a shortcut to Icon on my desktop and give it the -n in the target to get the NPC costume pieces. Am I missing something in Tequila?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2015, 07:56:16 PM »
I don't know why the -n parameter doesn't get passed to Icon from Tequila, it really should be working. I removed the option because it doesn't work, you'll have to use a shortcut to Icon, unfortunately..

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »
I don't know why the -n parameter doesn't get passed to Icon from Tequila, it really should be working. I removed the option because it doesn't work, you'll have to use a shortcut to Icon, unfortunately..

Not a big deal, I just wasn't sure if it was me or not.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2015, 07:05:06 AM »
Have downloaded as the first page instructed and everything is good can get in to icon, just wondering about the Source Code you have showing under the download tag, do I need to do anything with this?

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »
I have a question. What about all the costume pieces unlocked via badges, like the Rularuu weapons? Is there a way to access these?

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2015, 11:30:18 AM »
Have downloaded as the first page instructed and everything is good can get in to icon, just wondering about the Source Code you have showing under the download tag, do I need to do anything with this?

No, that's just for people who don't trust binary downloads and want to compile it themselves, or for people who think the software is crap and want to improve it.

I have a question. What about all the costume pieces unlocked via badges, like the Rularuu weapons? Is there a way to access these?

That would be a question for CW under the Icon thread. This thread is only for the downloader.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2015, 11:34:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply Leandro  ;)

Levyn

• Underling
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2015, 03:11:50 AM »
I am stuck on piggs/bin.pigg

It's been running for about 10 hours and still hasn't finished.
Any clue?

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2015, 05:51:44 AM »
In general, getting stuck in a download is because some malware is interfering with your internet connection in order to inject ads into things, or because some antivirus is interfering with your internet connection in a misguided attempt to scan EVERYTHING you download to make itself seem useful. I'd start by pausing your antivirus/anti malware, and if that doesn't help, check your Windows proxy settings to make sure nothing is hijacking them.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »
I had it once thanks to out of date wireless modem firmware.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Warpgirl

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2015, 03:16:28 PM »
Having an issue I don't know what to do.  I installed Tequila in "my documents", downloaded all files then try to run

I get this

and... it just sits there.  I'm running windows 7. I've made sure my firewall and virus software are not blocking it... any ideas?

Takinalis

• Boss
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2015, 12:07:56 AM »
Hmmm... Just used Tequila for the first time... worked like a champ. Either your download is corrupt (I think relaunching Tequila verifies files?) or more likely your computer doesn't want to play the game.

If your up to it I can launch in minimal graphics mode and export a registry file for you to try...  anyone else, isn't there a safe mode for Coh? I forget....
Valkyrie Blade - Virtue Server

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »
Can we get this and Island Rum Stickied with Paragon Chat coming out?

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2015, 06:32:02 AM »
Finally installed this.

It was easy and fun.

Thank you very much to everyone with the technical expertise and a sense of fun.

I look forward to chatting with fellow CoXers.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2015, 08:06:43 AM »
Having an issue I don't know what to do.  I installed Tequila in "my documents", downloaded all files then try to run

I get this

and... it just sits there.  I'm running windows 7. I've made sure my firewall and virus software are not blocking it... any ideas?

In general, getting stuck in a download is because some malware is interfering with your internet connection in order to inject ads into things, or because some antivirus is interfering with your internet connection in a misguided attempt to scan EVERYTHING you download to make itself seem useful. I'd start by pausing your antivirus/anti malware, and if that doesn't help, check your Windows proxy settings to make sure nothing is hijacking them.

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2015, 04:40:14 PM »
Hi All.

Once I download Tequila, can I then delete my previous Icon file that I saved about a year ago?
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »
Deleting the Icon file will cause Tequila to download it again, so I'm not sure why you want to do that... it's the same file.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
Deleting the Icon file will cause Tequila to download it again, so I'm not sure why you want to do that... it's the same file.

Ok. I didn't know it was the same. The existing one I had was i23. In the version that I already have I had tweaked Atlas Park so that it was always snowy and the trees had the Christmas lights. Does anyone know if that will cause any problems?

UPDATE: It loaded just fine. Now I am going to celebrate with some real Tequila.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:20:52 AM by GenericHero05 »
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2015, 08:52:55 PM »
Important: the Dropbox account that held the Tequila manifest was shut down because of bandwidth exceeded (too many people downloading the client). You will need to either manually set the manifest to http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml in the Tequila options, or wait for a new download in a few minutes that will default to that URL.