Author Topic: Holy sh*t moment  (Read 33380 times)

OniMeteorix

• Underling
  • Patiently awaiting the day we all can come home.
Re: Holy sh*t moment
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 06:36:31 AM »
Spawning under Atlas - this was my first MMO.

I was standing there in awe and it suddenly dawned on me - all those characters are real people. It was amazing.
And that Atlas Park theme music!

Sorry for the double post but that comment wins.
They can shut off the servers, but they can't take away who we are. We are the Heroes of Paragon City.

MomentaryGrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 09:00:48 PM »
And that Atlas Park theme music!

Sorry for the double post but that comment wins.

Yes, that first time you showed up in Atlas was awesome, and that loop of music still gives me chills (and makes me puff out my chest, if no one is looking!) :)

Scrapperlock in ten... nine...

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
I think it was the first time Liberty succeeded in "The Really Hard Way" in the Magisterium Incarnate trial. It was really just awesome. I was fortunate enough to do it twice more, once again on Liberty and then on Champion.

Another moment was when I led a UGT for the first time and we beat that rascally Avatar of Hamidon or whatever it was. (It's been so long, I can't even remember the easiest of details!)
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »
Completing Dr. Q Task Force... in just over two hours.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »
Sometime around I7 or I8, the Rickti Monkey Fight Club was still in Sharkhead.  I didn't know this, didn't know what RMFC was, had never heard of it.  I'm just standing there for whatever reason and suddenly this buzzer goes off, really loud.  I wear headphones when I play so I don't bother anyone else, and sometimes have them turned up pretty loud.  It was painful and made me jump.  It was months before I found out what that sound was but I avoided that area of Sharkhead for a long time after that.

m-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Eternallylostauthor

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »
The one moment my mind always goes back too... it was during the winter event in sharkshead. The ghost of the scrapyard had spawn and was stomping around... and then the giant snowman monster spawned and they started duking it out godzilla style... anyone who tried to fight would get stomped by both of them and then they would turn back to duking it out... by the time the snowman's timer ended there was a crowd of about 20 players just watching the throw down. good times...

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 08:50:24 PM »
Seeing a scrapper drag the entire contents of the Hollows back to the police area (I5-ish)...
My first mission in an Orenbega cave (cool as hell despite CoT being obnoxious)...
Getting hover for the first time, going to the ceiling in the zone and looking down...
My first Eden trial...
My first Hami raid...
Trying to fight level 52 Knives of Artemas at (iirc) level 48...
Turning a corner in Skyway and seeing Babbage walking toward me...
Seeing my first SupaTroll parade...
First flight into the Shadow Shard (although I had a few nightmares about giant eyeballs)...
Taking "full invisibility" and then getting one-shotted in Crey's Folly...
Using Nova for the first time...
Slotting Power Push for knockback and hitting... anything... FORE!
so much more...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:02:14 PM by chuckv3 »

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2015, 10:58:17 PM »
First entering that Vampyr-spawning chamber room in that Striga Island mission. Good lord, whoever thought that it would be funny for those things to spawn infinite Vampyrs deserved a kick in the head.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »
My first mission in an Orenbega cave (cool as hell despite CoT being obnoxious)...
My first Eden trial...
Using Nova for the first time...

Thank you! I remember these as well. I very much miss all the skittles, and freeing Slade, Gale, Quill and Tundra. I just wish there was a way to have given them some Ambrosia.

And Nova - helping a stone tank gather all those freaks in Crey's Folly..I miss it!

I used to love soloing those huge CoT maps. I was never one for role play with others, but there was something to the way a CoT map could help me tune everything else out in the real world...
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2015, 05:01:48 AM »
Statesman's death, the part in the revamped Dark Astoria where the dream doctor tells you "Chicago just got ate"

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »
My first Holy sh*t moment was kinda standard - I finished and exitied a mission, started chatting with some friends asking for help on their mish, and BOOM, I was dead.

me: "OMGOMGOMG!!! Guys, I think I just got one-shotted by a dev! You gotta see this thing!"
my friend in another zone: "Flo, is it a huge white robot?"
me " Yes! Did he get you guys too?"

NoooooooooooooooooooooB!

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2015, 04:43:31 AM »
Shield charge on scrapper before they fixed it (aka nerfed) I was in favor of the change it was way over powered

I had a fire/sd scapper IO out for soloing AV but he could dish out aoe. I went into a Mission Architect lvl 50 run set at 8x +4 and we where running a mission where we had mobs on two side of the building along the streets I broke off and started soloing the groups and I was keeping pace solo with the group of 7 on the other side of the buildings. I would round up the mob eats some reds  or build up shield charge +fire circle sword start moving to the next group with stragglers in tow and start the process over.  brings a  :'( (the reason this was an oh it reminded me of the early i2+ days of coh and stupid damage we dealt out.

Then the other was back in the I3 days I had a katana/sr scrapper and this was pre aoe limits and I let off a lotus drops and I got a crit on about 10 mobs yes that was a 1 in I never saw it again moments in the game ever. (oh the 5 slotted damage  :'()

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »
Lord Recluse Strike force, was super buffed, and had a full tray of inspirations, SS/fire/Mu brute - soloed the final battle when everyone else went down after we took out Numina.

Hagis

• Minion
  • Still a newbie
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2015, 12:01:54 PM »
What Ironwolf said. And not my first, but my favorite: Was running missions with a FF/psy defender and had a emp/elec buddy with me. We ran a mission where we had to defeat an emissary demon from the CoT faction. He conned as a purple epic boss and my buddy was sidekicked up. We engaged the demon, drained our inspirAtions tray, had to take turns holding aggro, and had a healthy dose o luck but we finally wore him down and best him. To this day it stands as my most intense gaming moment and we still talk about it now and then.

Another one, funny. Was running my necro/poison MM with the same friend, this time on skype so we could talk. My guys ran up to the bad guy and I said, "come on zombies, vomit!!!"  We had to stop for several minutes at the sheer fun and absurdity of it.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »
I'm sure a lot of people had their chance at an 'All X TF' of some form or another. The one that really got me was the first time I did an 'All PB Posi' right around the time it was revamped. My screen was white and shaking much of the time.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2015, 10:52:11 PM »
Yes, that first time you showed up in Atlas was awesome, and that loop of music still gives me chills (and makes me puff out my chest, if no one is looking!) :)

I dug out the sound and music files from the piggs and converted them all to MP3. I never really paid attention to much of the background music but some of it is really great to listen to. And of course some of the sound effects like leveling up or completing a mission are fun to listen to.

jukehero461

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2015, 06:19:19 AM »
A few moments catch my memory:

1: Coming back from a long hiatus on my blaster, to suddenly see the sky turn orange and have zombies crawl out of the ground to disembowel me, then fighting my way back to the hill next to the Talos Island metro to join a battle line of thirty supers as we are surrounded by the nightmares.

2: Doing a raid against the Praetorian archvillain Chimera for the first time, and being designated the guy to draw him. I asked to have 'We who are about to die didn't want to." on my tombstone, which sparked a five minute discussion on what's the best funny thing to have on a CoH character's tombstone.

3: Coming back to Atlas Park at level fifty and Energy Thrusting a Blood Brother Slugger hard enough to fly over City Hall.

4: Coming to Independence port for the first time and nearly flying RIGHT into Lusca.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2015, 03:20:52 PM »
A few moments catch my memory:

1: Coming back from a long hiatus on my blaster, to suddenly see the sky turn orange and have zombies crawl out of the ground to disembowel me, then fighting my way back to the hill next to the Talos Island metro to join a battle line of thirty supers as we are surrounded by the nightmares.

2: Doing a raid against the Praetorian archvillain Chimera for the first time, and being designated the guy to draw him. I asked to have 'We who are about to die didn't want to." on my tombstone, which sparked a five minute discussion on what's the best funny thing to have on a CoH character's tombstone.

3: Coming back to Atlas Park at level fifty and Energy Thrusting a Blood Brother Slugger hard enough to fly over City Hall.

4: Coming to Independence port for the first time and nearly flying RIGHT into Lusca.

Lusca was a holy s**t moment for me too. 

So was the ghost ship the first time I saw it...

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2015, 06:10:04 AM »
First blitz trying to solo Frostfire with a cold slinging defender.

It was brutal, it was crazy, and it was frantic.  It was fun, though.  Frostfire was a favorite to run after that, once I knew what I was doing, just as pretty much the entirety of Jim Temblor's stories were in Faultline.

Other big moment for me?

Hmmmm.

The final moments of the last night.  It hit me really, really hard just standing there watching the scroll in Atlas Park on Justice, torch raised, logged in on Tubbius until the server dropped.  I sat there just staring at the computer, teary-eyed and frustrated, for quite a while that night.

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2015, 09:15:08 PM »
 Yes lots of great fond moments:

My fav was seeing the Halloween event...the totems you had to take down and the guardians that showed up.

Taking Mary McComber on for the first time! That was a long fun battle. Katie TF...I was already level 50 and been in the game 6 months before I did this TF...I did TF's once a week but never got around to this one for awhile. I just keep waiting and waiting for her to die because she had her witches thumping all of us pretty good.

One of my unusual Holy sh*t moments was a mission against the Council...they are in a normal building but there is one huge room with balconies all around and a pair of staircases (some of you might know this one)...the room looks empty...I told the team to wait...I did not trust an empty room...our tank had a habit of running in and grabbing everythings attention and being out of range of heals, died often...I rarely die, its against my personal rules...so I called up my Dark Servant...hit Phase Shift and walked into the middle...I was surrounded by a mob of about 50 council fighters (they appear out of nowhere) and my idiot Dark Servant fired a Fearsome Gaze at the upper balcony...down came another 50 warriors...I had less than 90 seconds to act...I layed down Tarpatch...killed my Shift...hit Tenebrous Tentacles, hit the power that lowers enemy accuracy on a villain and those around him/her, Fearsome Stare then finally my heal power to hopefully survive this disaster.
 We were all staring at a wall of council enrapped in tentacles and fear skulls over their heads...I had cowed the whole room...after a minute someone yelled CHARGE! and my teammates finished off the room...it was fun :)

Another odd moment is when people say...what do you mean you can rez the whole group?...you would be surprised by how many don't know a dark defender can group rez if there is a villain to trigger the power off of.