Author Topic: Holy sh*t moment  (Read 33406 times)

Ashen Fury

• Boss
Re: Holy sh*t moment
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 05:53:52 AM »
one of the biggest ones had to be the first time doing the eden trial. just the scope of that dungeon, and then the crazy enormous epic battle with the crystal titan at the end. damn.
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 07:24:17 AM »
Pretty easy one to predict, but the first time one of those Council guys turned into a werewolf.  My PUG was fairly low-level as I recall and we were facing a difficult chew through a Council tunnel map; I think we had the difficulty cranked to help with leveling.  So we're fighting this guy, fighting, fighting, I think one or two of us even dropped.  I'm finally seeing the guy's health drop down to nothing, phew!  Then suddenly he's a werewolf with full health and ignoring my caltrops and bouncing about the room like a super-ball.  Isn't looking like Nosferatu enough for you guys?!  This has to be cheating!

I also enjoyed flying the first time I took that travel power, I think I just flew around Atlas Park for 20 minutes.
"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

Auroxis

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 07:52:11 AM »
When I first started playing the game and teamed up with level 50's while I was level 8. The sidekick system was really awesome.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 11:16:53 PM »
When I first started playing the game and teamed up with level 50's while I was level 8. The sidekick system was really awesome.

Indeed, when I first played in July 04, I got a character to about level 18 and an illusion troller with the great name of Phantom Mullet took me to FF as his SK for some CoT street sweeping, really opened my eyes to what was possible.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 12:14:54 AM »
Me and my pals were all about level 8, and a group of 25s herded a massive amount of baddies to the Atlas gate in Perez Park.  It was amazing to see all that xp running around;)

Winter Fable

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 05:08:05 PM »
The first time fighting GM's and seeing the screenshots of some of the missions.

http://postimg.org/image/8sfke9p5r/

http://postimg.org/image/9dzl06lth/

katycat737

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 01:20:47 PM »
Mine isn't as exciting  :-[

Travelling in Aeon city, my newbie self came across a Mu Guardian.

I thought to myself, holy sh*t a magical, blood red, electrical floating mummy thing! AND it has 2 capes!!!

To this day, I still sort of have a fan crush (?) to the Mu

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »
Mine isn't as exciting  :-[

Travelling in Aeon city, my newbie self came across a Mu Guardian.

I thought to myself, holy sh*t a magical, blood red, electrical floating mummy thing! AND it has 2 capes!!!

To this day, I still sort of have a fan crush (?) to the Mu

I know, I wanted to be a Mu Guardian so bad. :(

Mine was when I first started playing, The only other MMO experience I ever had before then was about 15 minutes of WOW, I didn't know what a pvp server was and I made a character on one. LOL. So I spent the first 15 minutes of WOW trying to do my first quest and getting ganked by a high level character. I was expecting the same from CoH. My RL friend, who convinced me to try the game (he even bought the game for me because I refused to try it) showed me around the starting area before he logged off for the day. I made it to Kings Row all by myself (without getting ganked). When out of no where I see in my chat window "Get him!" or something similar to that. I turn around and there's three. What I thought where players at the time charging me. In brown cloaks, I'm on my first ever character a claws/spine scrapper and I think to myself. No!!!!!! I'm not spending the next 15 minutes dying and having my armor break. So I attack them and win! I call my friend up and say "Guess what? I just took out 3 players that tried to gank me!" He was like "HOW THE H3!! DID YOU GET INTO RECLUSES VICTORY!" LOL!

..............I miss CoH! :(

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2015, 03:04:59 AM »
Level 50 Energy/Energy Blaster with max knockback recipes on Power Push going around on Atlas Park streets and letting random mobs fly out of visibility :) :)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2015, 08:17:16 PM »
Spawning under Atlas - this was my first MMO.

I was standing there in awe and it suddenly dawned on me - all those characters are real people. It was amazing.

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 08:41:35 PM »

I was standing there in awe and it suddenly dawned on me - all those characters are real people. It was amazing.

This!

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »

Screw the Helix Fossil, Praise Ironwolf

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2015, 09:15:19 PM »
I have only ever done this once. As I understand, I shouldn't have been ABLE to do this at all. And even funnier, it was by ACCIDENT.

But it was totally worth seeing the chat devolve into this:

"WHO THE HELL JUST WORMHOLED THE HAMIDON NUCLEUS?!"
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »
The first time I created a character in Praetoria, it was late at night and I noticed that the zone was deserted.  Actually, it seemed unusually deserted, even for the late hour - I couldn't even see any NPCs.  That's when the zombies started erupting from the ground near me - a just leveled up to 2nd level character, in a zone I'd never been in before, and, oh look!, there's a zombie invasion going on!  I spent several minutes running about like crazy, trying to find a building that I could hide in, but all the ones I checked were purely decorative.  Then I finally found the hospital; I promptly logged out for the night and came back the next day.  No zombies then.

But I certainly always remembered where the hospital was in Nova Praetoria after that...

OCTAGON

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 12:10:17 PM »
.:Home Sweet Union:.

wrkidd

• Underling
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 11:04:16 PM »
The first time I entered Founder's Falls and a teammate teleported me to their location and in exactly 5 seconds a Crey sharpshooter shot me dead. One shot one kill. I was like #$RT^H^&$

Power Arc X

• Minion
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 11:00:16 PM »
I had many  of  those moments  but the  first  was going into  the  Hollows  and seeing  the  results  of the Trolls big dig. I was WTF happened  here and then after a few minutes  was invited  to a FF  run. I was then hooked  on the game since.
  One  of my last oh s#*! moments  was in DA teaming  with a friends and I  believe  it was Ice  Mistral  that all of a sudden  had gotten  swallowed  whole. All of us were  like Oh  S#*!!!. WTF  was that. I almost  fell out of my chair  seeing how  it was also 3 am & really  needed  to go to sleep . I went into work  that day with  2 hours  of  sleep like I did several  times a week.

SpectaPhantom

• Minion
  • Ghost of Living Past
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2015, 12:20:46 PM »
I think my first moment was in the Hollows too. I learned how to stay out of aggro range real quick there. Then all the canyons and craters made the zone feel great. It remained my favorite zone. Any time it was looking to solo through some missions when making a charater I would always go there.

The second time was my hami raid. My computer, or I should say toaster, was barely able to handle the raid. Thankfully I was a part of the drop team and was out of the mess down below. Then during the hold phase/attack phase I had to put my only hold on auto, zoom to first person and look at the ground. The first time there he popped (this was before they changed the fight). I was so excited the whole entire time even when we lost. It felt epic. It's also a reason why I built a gaming computer when I fibally had the money so I could participate in things like that. Never wanted a toaster again haha.
Triumph Search and Rescue - TSAR Deputy Chief
"Heroes Helping Heroes"

Botzo

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 03:31:13 AM »
I know I bring this one up a lot, but it was the time I was robbing a bank in a full supergroup team and we WERE steamrolling on a fairly high difficulty. Then the hero phase kicked in. Statesman runs into the bank, then proceeds to take us down, one by one. No matter how many times we came back to take him down he would get us first. This was pre Going Rogue too. Really taught us the importance of debuffers too as we were all Brutes and Stalkers.

Still, I didn't even think you *could* fight the main characters at that time since it was on my way to making my first 50 and hadn't run into one before. ( We later fought Recluse but didn't have nearly the problems we had with States.)

OniMeteorix

• Underling
  • Patiently awaiting the day we all can come home.
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 06:31:00 AM »
First mixed feelings Holy sh*t moment, getting hover and feeling like "holy sh*t this is going to be awesome, it might be slow but it will still be flying!" and seconds later feeling "holy sh*t this is truly nothing like flying at all is it!".

First good Holy sh*t moment was getting flight, zoomed around Steel Canyon for hours that night, still the thing I miss the most.
I can relate to that 1000%. My first 14 levels must've taken a week or two because I was just soaking it all in.

My other holy shit moment was using a fully charged/boosted Nova for the first time with my energy blaster. I felt like I was really showing the team what was up when is charge up and run into the middle of a huge mob and let it rip. CoH was really good at fulfilling badass fantasies.
They can shut off the servers, but they can't take away who we are. We are the Heroes of Paragon City.