Author Topic: You have two hours to play CoH. (Hypothetical)  (Read 7608 times)

Supermax

• Minion
You have two hours to play CoH. (Hypothetical)
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:23:16 PM »
Just pretend...you're given one last opportunity to play the game. After that, the game will never come back, so this will be your absolute last chance to experience CoH/CoV.

You will be allowed to log in one time, on only one character, and you can play that one character for only 2 hours. Everybody else on this forum is also given the same opportunity, so you can assume that there will be plenty of people on the servers, and there won't be any problems with quickly finding a team for whatever you want to do.

Which of your characters would you pick, and why? How would you spend the 2 hours?

Not an easy question, I know.  8)

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
Re: You have two hours to play CoH. (Hypothetical)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
Well off the top of my head, I'd download fraps, make a couple new characters. Do some of the lower level missions, and depending on whether other people would also be open to this two hour proposition thing, run several taskforces; preferably stuff like Romulus, Requiem, and maybe Recluse. Also need some footage of oroboro as well, :D

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 07:47:20 PM »
Make a new character (probably a dominator or controllers) and see how far I can level it via trials and tfs.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:08:49 PM »
make a couple new characters
Violates the rules of the OP - log in one character, one time, for two hours.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 08:27:55 PM »
Recreate my main and charge full steam ahead.

No Trials obviously, but I'd get an event or two done...
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:29:40 PM »
Violates the rules of the OP - log in one character, one time, for two hours.

Sorry missed the one character limit, like I said, I was typing off the top of my head.
In that case I'd likely take up my old main again, visit all the old landmarks and complete as many missions and taskforces I played back in the day as I could.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
Aracari (lvl 50 MA/Willpower/Body Mastery scrapper) and have fun with whatever mission team I could find.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 10:53:22 PM »
Two HOURS? I'd pass. When the shutdown was announced, I eventually couldn't bring myself to do much of anything in CoH, knowing that anything that I did would be deleted, and therefore, pointless. And that was with weeks to go.

If I WERE to do anything under those circumstances, it would be to parade a blatant copyright violation all over Atlas Park. What are they going to do - cancel my account?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Supermax

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 05:03:34 AM »
Interesting! To be honest, I didn't even think about making a new toon. The idea never even crossed my mind when I was writing the post. Guess that's what was so great about CoH - it appealed to so many different tastes.

Personally I enjoyed playing at level 50 more than getting to 50. I would absolutely want to play one of my 50's, so I could have full freedom of what I can do. But I'd have a very hard time picking just one character. In the end it would probably be between my main (Fire/SS tank) or my Elec/Elec scrapper. My tank was overall my best toon, but he was so godlike, playing him wasn't really any challenge. And I feel like if it was my last time playing, I'd want to actually be challenged a bit, not just plow through everything. The scrapper was my last toon to get to 50, but he ended up being one of the most fun character I had. Lightning Rod and infinite endurance are really good. I'm leaning towards my main, but I feel like I could very well waste an hour going crazy at the login screen  :-[

But either way, I'd probably spend 15 mins or so just killing stuff around Portal Corp in PI...to get the hang of the controls again. Then I'd find a good team and do a couple TF's, ITF probably first on the list. After that I'd like to do a couple Incarnate runs, BAF and Lambda preferably. And then I'd probably be out of time...

...so I'd log onto the Test server and have a couple more minutes of life! In case anybody here isn't aware, the Test server was the last to be taken down. After Freedom went down, in desperation I tried joining Test. And it worked! I logged into RWZ...I was playing the game....after shutdown! My mind was racing.... "maybe they'll forget to shut down the test server!!!". Alas, they didn't forget. I started jumping in ecstasy through the zone, going to kill some Rikti, but after about 30 seconds the server went down right at the apex of my super jump. And that was the end.  :'(

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 02:47:05 PM »
  • New Blaster
  • Atlas Sewers
  • Hollows Arc
  • Frostfire

;D
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
I wouldn't even bother..

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 05:24:06 PM »
Edit my base.

I miss base editing :(

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »
If I were *forced* to play CoH for only 2 hours and then nevermore... 

Thing of Bigness on a Steamroll Team.  Massacre everything possible because Smash.

Or maybe Brawling Humiliator puts on a show about "see?  Brawl is that awesome."  But the problem is nobody's gonna wanna stand around and watch that, so what is the point?

Maybe I also switch to Cerise Dawn and go be on a Villain Massacre team, 'cause Domination is win.

Probably only ToB though.

Although, to be honest, I'd be a little more in the lines of what Heatstroke said... Why bother?  :P

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 12:21:22 AM »
I opt not to play, and instead use the opportunity to point to the one's responsible, and cause a pancakestorm on the game medias for how much of a jerk move this is.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 12:22:55 AM »
I opt not to play, and instead use the opportunity to point to the one's responsible, and cause a pancakestorm on the game medias for how much of a jerk move this is.

Waffles, Slayer of the Mighty NCsoft :P

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
Wait, don't slay them yet... make them sell/release the IP and software first, THEN slay them, ok, Waffles?  Much obliged.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
Wait, don't slay them yet... make them sell/release the IP and software first, THEN slay them, ok, Waffles?  Much obliged.

Unless Waffles can recover the IP from the corpse of the evil beast :P

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 04:33:43 PM »
Take a level 20-25ish WP/DM tank to Croatoa and complete every mission I can in the two hours allowed.

I loved Croatoa.... :)

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 10:11:16 PM »
Two HOURS? I'd pass. When the shutdown was announced, I eventually couldn't bring myself to do much of anything in CoH, knowing that anything that I did would be deleted, and therefore, pointless. And that was with weeks to go.

If I WERE to do anything under those circumstances, it would be to parade a blatant copyright violation all over Atlas Park. What are they going to do - cancel my account?

This. I was so heartbroken I couldn't play anymore.

I did this however: my friends and I made ourselves, costumes and body builds best we could and actual names and saw how far we could get. We did the new starter content, the sewer trial, the hollows then ran out of tears, nostalgia and whatever else was keeping us going during Faultline.

I re-logged in the last two nights for mostly torch holding. I logged out my main in Ouroboros cause retcons mainly happen on time travel stories.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 10:37:06 PM »
Ooof.  Assuming I could start with an existing character....I'd go with my street justice/shield brute, who had just gone incarnate -- it just felt so right,kinetically.  Then I would speed my way through an Imperious TF then probably spend the balance of time demorecording various locations for future archival.

If it was a brand new character, I'd probably reroll my beam rifle/device blaster since I never got him too high and wanted to play him more. brrrrrrrrrnnnnt.   ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...