Author Topic: Virtue's RP crowd  (Read 9272 times)

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
Virtue's RP crowd
« on: November 18, 2014, 08:16:57 AM »
Just so I can get an idea of who to track down, and who would be there on launch day, please post here if you'd be back in the 'D at relaunch.

I'll be there on Acanous :D

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: Virtue's RP crowd
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
I'll be there!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »
I would like to be there but I had a hard time finding a group.

Most had very strict requirements about how you played and penalties for breaking character. some wanted written applications or auditions. It was like trying to get into community theater if you haven't been in community theater for 5 years already.

I was, and am looking for a more laid back experience where you can play have fun and not worry that you are "doing it wrong". I wanted to play my character but not have it be a buzzkill if I made a meta reference or a mechanics reference.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 08:51:49 PM »
I'll be around, keeping my distance from the Local range of the ERPrs and furries.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:40:28 AM »
i'll be there. Admittedly none of my alts were likely to be directly involved in most high drama, but had no issues inadvertently (or advertently) facilitating it.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 02:28:46 AM »
I never tried RP'ing in CoH, but I have seen others do it. My main character was in Virtue, so I think I might try it because it always looked pretty interesting to me. I might be in Pocket D if I have time. :D

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 03:18:46 AM »
The reason I had so many toons in CoX was for RPing.

It allowed me to tell the story of each persona.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 02:16:54 AM »
^ This

Like Power Gamer, my characters largely existed to tell their stories.  Though many did not get much past the blurb that would have appeared on the back of the card for their action figure.

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 05:58:57 PM »
Will be there, and I'll probably gravitate to the D the second I'm able.

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
No, I'll be out stomping things.

Champion 4 life!

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 02:37:47 AM »
Sajaana will be there.

And Jean...well...seeing as how Acanous got her out of Paragon City, It'll be up to Acanous to bring her back.  ;)

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 04:02:13 AM »
I was a 7 year COH veteran. During the course of my time with the game, there would be random 1/2 month spells sprinkled about every now and then that would draw my attention elsewhere (whether it be boredom, schoolwork getting in the way, or just wanting to take a break). But I would allllllllways get sucked back in.

...A HUGE reason for that draw back to COH (and there were several reasons, of course) was the RP community on Virtue. Seriously, people - if/when this game comes back and you are for whatever reason interested in the RP element of the CoX franchise, I HIGHLY suggest swinging by Virtue and checking things out. The RP scene was thriving like CRAZY over there. Whether it be doing in-character mission runs with your SG mates or just heading to the Pocket to 'chat up' a pretty stranger by the railing, or to witness a drunk bar fight between a cat lady and a zombie shark...there was always insanely entertaining stuff going down via RP on Virtue. So good.

I know lots of the RP'ers used to gather around Gemini park in Galaxy waaaaaay back when, but unfortunately that was before I even knew RP existed and I was still on Freedom haha. The RP on Virtue just offered an entirely different way to play the game. It made the world all the more real and tangible - and you felt yourself grow even more emotionally invested in your characters, knowing you were watching their lives and back stories unfold with other like-minded players.

Waaaaaaah. I miss it.
Viva la Virtue!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 08:27:53 PM »
Most of the best RP (IMO) on Virtue was found outside of Pocket D, but for ad hoc clique social drama RP i suspect it was one of the best locations. Certainly some of the most amusing social drama RP i ever saw was in Pocket D and it was amusing to hang out and watch it. Never directly saw ERP there, but i was okay with that, really.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 08:58:31 PM »
Most of the best RP (IMO) on Virtue was found outside of Pocket D, but for ad hoc clique social drama RP i suspect it was one of the best locations. Certainly some of the most amusing social drama RP i ever saw was in Pocket D and it was amusing to hang out and watch it. Never directly saw ERP there, but i was okay with that, really.

Good RP depends on people, not locations.  The D was where I met all the people I RPed with, and should the game ride again I hope to see them there again.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »
I didn't care much for the rp that went on in Pocket D. However, when Virtue server went down, i was in Pocket D and eeing as so many people will be there when the City comes back up...Yeah, how can I NOT be there with everyone to celebrate and party all night long??!!??  ;D

Blackgrue

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 02:27:29 AM »
I'm making diz, natalia... and maybe another.
Virtue native

Main characters:
Diz the Goblin
Projekt Redstorm

Cryono

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:09 AM »
OH come on we all want the D

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »
I would like to be there but I had a hard time finding a group.

Most had very strict requirements about how you played and penalties for breaking character. some wanted written applications or auditions. It was like trying to get into community theater if you haven't been in community theater for 5 years already.

I was, and am looking for a more laid back experience where you can play have fun and not worry that you are "doing it wrong". I wanted to play my character but not have it be a buzzkill if I made a meta reference or a mechanics reference.
there was certainly some of this going on. I've seen it in other role play settings to, an insidious elitism to keep out anyone who doesn't look, act, or think like "the in crowd"
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »
I used to visit the D now and then. Yes, some of the RP there was kind of insular and even clique-ish, but a lot wasn't. I met some good friends there, and had a lot of fun dancing with the Cape crew now and then. Often I was just one of the people leaning on a rail and hanging out quietly, but when the mood was right and people seemed friendly, it could make me smile and feel welcome.

You know, no other MMO has made me feel welcome since. I miss it too, and will be back if/when it returns.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 07:39:04 PM »
You can bet the first character I make will be there on launch day.  Probably a corruptor or mastermind.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.