Author Topic: Virtue's RP crowd  (Read 9325 times)

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
Re: Virtue's RP crowd
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 12:25:38 AM »
I'll probably stop in for a break, but seriously I'm going to be pretty busy trying to save innocent people and fight evil.  I imagine the gangs will be pretty active out there.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Acanous

• Beef Ingot
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 05:30:16 AM »
There *Were* Cliques, but honestly the majority of them weren't insular. Most people were OK with walk-up RP so long as you had a reason, and that could just be "Hey, saw you in the paper fighting with Umberhulk. Can I get you a drink?" etc.

Once a character is well known, it gets easier of course.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »
There *Were* Cliques, but honestly the majority of them weren't insular. Most people were OK with walk-up RP so long as you had a reason, and that could just be "Hey, saw you in the paper fighting with Umberhulk. Can I get you a drink?" etc.

Once a character is well known, it gets easier of course.

True story. Especially if there was some type of RP going on only between members of a particular SG - I know I was a part of lots of RP heavy SG's and we would go to the Pocket for RP all the time. But if you weren't a part of that SG, it was difficult to find an 'in' to have your character spark some type of conversation.

And I agree that things get easier once your character is more well known. I feel like a lot of RP'ers just expect that they'll head to the Pocket or join an RP SG and they'll immediately find 239085901390 new in-character friends and that'll be that lol  :roll: But in reality, you gotta put some work in first? You have to build the relationships and create a back story and develop a personality for your character. Theeeeeen finding RP friends will happen for you.
Viva la Virtue!

KosmicKnight

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 05:19:11 AM »
Count on it. Will be there.

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 12:22:27 AM »
And I agree that things get easier once your character is more well known. I feel like a lot of RP'ers just expect that they'll head to the Pocket or join an RP SG and they'll immediately find 239085901390 new in-character friends and that'll be that lol  :roll: But in reality, you gotta put some work in first? You have to build the relationships and create a back story and develop a personality for your character. Theeeeeen finding RP friends will happen for you.

As an RPer who was in some of those cliques I'd say that's accurate.  As a rule, Virtue wasn't Mean Girls.  You can sit our lunch table with us.  If you're a wallflower, or rude, or a Mary Sue, or Deadpool Ripoff Toon #45,021, or Obvious ERP Mesbian #80 bazillion don't be shocked if you get ignored, of course.  Talk to people, ask for their stories, share yours, be creative, and be patient.  You'll find your tribe if you keep at it. and the more people you meet the more you're going to meet, because they'll introduce you to their friends, who will introduce you to their friends, and so on.

Kozzma

• Underling
  • The Wilderness in my mind
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 01:44:03 PM »
I will be there, I liked to wander around Gemini Park, and listen as well as the Islands and near the war walls in Talos. the Pocket D was always to full for me. I loved reading Bio's and would randomly give a million inf to people for just having one in a sewer run etc. also weather you love them or hate them, or were part of them there is the GuRu Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/459056907461566/861709020529684/?notif_t=group_activity I am sure many from that group are here and will be on the streets after construction is complete.
Nurse: If you give us a thumbprint here,everything he owns will be yours.
Faye: Why are the numbers all red?
Nurse: Well, they say that debt is an asset...
Faye: Debt... ;)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 06:30:14 AM »
I think I might try Virtue.  I'm thinking that the next go-round, I'm going to do every stinkin' server.
I did something like RPing, but not always staying in character and such.