Author Topic: Valiance Online Kickstarter Starts....TODAY!  (Read 34228 times)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: Valiance Online Kickstarter Starts....TODAY!
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »

I was not a financial investor in VO before the KS...but wish I were. From everything I have seen from your KS page...if it does not succeed...I will definitely look to other ways to contribute financially to VO! Although I really was looking forward to some of those perks hehehe, but I would rather give them up in order to help the game come to full fruition as soon as possible.

Nah, you pick the end date when you launch the page and that's pretty much set in stone.

Though not to worry, if this doesn't go through (and that's what we're estimating right now), we have other things we can do that we're planning on.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
I was not a financial investor in VO before the KS...but wish I were. From everything I have seen from your KS page...if it does not succeed...I will definitely look to other ways to contribute financially to VO! Although I really was looking forward to some of those perks hehehe, but I would rather give them up in order to help the game come to full fruition as soon as possible.

Same here.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2014, 10:41:06 PM »
Go to the website, create an account, click on invest/donate, fill out form and paypal them at least $10.  You'll probably even get an invite into the current phase of pre-alpha testing.  I did (and I can tell you it's pretty)

Investing on the website is different than investing on the kickstarter, but they are keeping track of who invests what and there will eventually be in game goodies to buy with your investor points.

Not associated with VO, just letting you know the train hasn't left the station if you still want to invest directly.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »
Go to the website, create an account, click on invest/donate, fill out form and paypal them at least $10.  You'll probably even get an invite into the current phase of pre-alpha testing.  I did (and I can tell you it's pretty)

Investing on the website is different than investing on the kickstarter, but they are keeping track of who invests what and there will eventually be in game goodies to buy with your investor points.

Not associated with VO, just letting you know the train hasn't left the station if you still want to invest directly.

e-
Good info. Thanks!

erich

• Minion
    • Art of War Gaming
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »
I think this game has huge potential. He has the groundwork already there. Come on people, lets help get this funded!
Art of War Gaming
A friendly community of gamers

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2014, 01:43:30 AM »
I think this game has huge potential. He has the groundwork already there. Come on people, lets help get this funded!

I agree but this is on track for $45-50k. I'm more impressed with the 313 donors averaging just under $90 each.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2014, 03:23:20 AM »
I agree but this is on track for $45-50k. I'm more impressed with the 313 donors averaging just under $90 each.
Unfortunately, that won't help with Kickstarter.  If they don't raise the full amount, the effort fails and no money is collected from the donors.  I'm thinking I'll just end up donating $100 to them directly, instead, as things don't look good at the moment for this particular fundraising effort.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:15:24 PM by JanessaVR »

erich

• Minion
    • Art of War Gaming
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2014, 05:29:33 AM »
Hopefully he will set up his own donation if the kickstarter doesn't work. I really want this to succeed.
Art of War Gaming

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2014, 07:30:29 AM »
You can become an investor through their website. I am going to wait until the kickstarter is officially over and then do that. Of all the current Plan Z projects out there...this is the one I have the most confidence in and truly cannot wait to play.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »
You can become an investor through their website. I am going to wait until the kickstarter is officially over and then do that. Of all the current Plan Z projects out there...this is the one I have the most confidence in and truly cannot wait to play.

They've worked the fastest at getting to a playable build. I have no clue how city of Titans will play right now.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:21:17 PM by Rejolt »

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
They've worked the fastest at getting to a playable build. I have no clue how city of Titans will play right now.

Not exactly, they'd already done a significant amount of work before the closure for their fantasy game and reused that, so it's not surprising they're a long way ahead.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2014, 03:27:57 PM »

I already pledged through the kickstarter and I agree.  I will just go to their website and donate there if the kickstarter doesn't fund.  I am glad that there is a alternative way to help VO out.

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »
Not exactly, they'd already done a significant amount of work before the closure for their fantasy game and reused that, so it's not surprising they're a long way ahead.

Ah. Gotcha. Hence only asking for $150k?

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2014, 08:56:09 AM »
That's one reason.. other is they have already purchased a lot of the equipment and programs with their own money. The asked for funds are to make it so moving forward they won't have to keep funding everything themselves. Luckily they already have ways for people to help invest and have plans for additional funding if the ks is not successful. 

VO had done SOME work before COH shut down...but have worked very hard to get where they are today. I'm just happy to see how far along VO is in terms of creation compared to the other Z projects. I'm almost as anxious for VO to launch as I am for the return of COH... almost hehe.

Ah. Gotcha. Hence only asking for $150k?

erich

• Minion
    • Art of War Gaming
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »

100% agree
Art of War Gaming

Empyrean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2014, 03:09:32 AM »
To be fair, VO did have a HUGE head start on CoT--not just because of their already almost beta-level fantasy game that they had and could re-tool, but also because CoT made the hard (but right) choice to upgrade to UE 4 and so had to semi start over, which set them way back but makes much more AWESOME possible in the future.

To be fair, SilverHelm has given of their own money, blood, sweat, tears, and love to make a really amazing successor to CoH, and nothing can take that away from them.  Their game is full of heart and soul, and it will live one day no matter what.

I wish both success, and, as someone who is admittedly in the CoT camp, I hate seeing VO's Kickstarter not doing better than this, and I'm going to go contribute right now.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:34:02 AM by Empyrean »

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »
I firmly believe that there is plenty of room for more than 1 *good* superhero MMO out there.

While I'm certainly waiting for CoT with anticipation, what VO has accomplished with basically

no money at all is really impressive.  I'm sorry that it appears that the kickstarter isn't going

to make it.  It's only $100, but I'll be sending my pledge over to VO one way or the other.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2014, 10:31:25 PM »

Like you... I plan on supporting VO no matter what. I've not given up all hope... I mean who would have thought CoH would be in discussions right now... always gotta hope. I look forward to playing VO though ASAP though... investing however I need to...to make that happen :)

I firmly believe that there is plenty of room for more than 1 *good* superhero MMO out there.

While I'm certainly waiting for CoT with anticipation, what VO has accomplished with basically

no money at all is really impressive.  I'm sorry that it appears that the kickstarter isn't going

to make it.  It's only $100, but I'll be sending my pledge over to VO one way or the other.

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2014, 02:04:51 AM »
Pledged .... a shame it doesn't look like it will make the goal in time. 
--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »
There's still 11 days to go. A lot can happen in 11 days.

I myself haven't been able to pledge but I still have one more paycheck before time is up. Even if I don't have the funds then. I can donate directly threw their website. Either way, they'll get some money from me eventually. LOL!