Author Topic: Arrow Season 3  (Read 9170 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 3
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 10:54:07 PM »
Definitely enjoyed the last episode.  I actually like Thea now.  Last year I was begging for her to be killed in every single episode.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 11:37:07 AM »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »
Definitely enjoyed the last episode.  I actually like Thea now.  Last year I was begging for her to be killed in every single episode.

It's getting difficult to tell who's most irrational between her, Laurel and Oliver, so i guess that's good? Lila is evidently going to start throwing her hat in the ring too.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »
Yeah - Oliver is definitely getting a "WHAT THE HELL, HERO?"  from me at least once an episode for the last few.

His cranium is becoming entirely too familiar with the anterior end of his alimentary canal.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 02:42:59 PM »
This season is way too all over the map for me...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 10:21:14 PM »
Yeah - Oliver is definitely getting a "WHAT THE HELL, HERO?"  from me at least once an episode for the last few.

His cranium is becoming entirely too familiar with the anterior end of his alimentary canal.

Just the last few episodes? Few = 51?

I love that they had both pronunciations of Ra's in the same episode. They have used both in multiple TV shows, which would usually be the way we'd know which is correct. So I went to the intronets to find out which it was and it turns out that Denny O'Neal who created him pronounces it one way, and it's pronounced the other way in the Arabic. Given that both of those would be pretty good measures of the correctness of a pronunciation I'm forced to conclude that there isn't actually a correct way to pronounce it.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 03:05:26 AM »
Okay, Ra's needs to have a note put into his folder, warning that he's a sore loser who doesn't play nice. Boy, that's a dirty trick at the end of this week's episode.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 12:58:31 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I can't wait to see Deadshot again in a future episode.  Cause he's not dead.  Nope, nope, nope...

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 05:26:29 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I can't wait to see Deadshot again in a future episode.  Cause he's not dead.  Nope, nope, nope...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Yeah. Isn't this like the 3rd time he's died already?

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 01:38:23 PM »
Gutsiest move of the night was Laurel jumping off the roof.  Let me break it down:

- Three people jump off the roof of a 10 storey building
- Two grapple lines go up to slow descents
- Arrow grabs Canary on the way down and they make it safely to the street.

So, Canary jumped off a 10 story building without hesitation, with no means to save herself from plunging to her death, trusting completely that Arrow would catch her.  :o

Holy shit.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 07:07:31 AM »
Are we sure Laurel thought Oliver would catch her? It wouldn't be the most irrational decision she's made on the show. Not even sure it'd make the top 5.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 02:01:39 PM »
Didn't see it, but I bet my wife was hoping she'd hit the ground. I can agree. She is a horrible actress..
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 02:32:36 PM »
Yeah she's bad. I especially enjoy when her and her father play dueling melodramatics.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 01:06:55 AM »
The end of season three is feeling like the near-soap-opera that season one was. I sure hope that they end this storyline soon, and get back to business.

EDIT: On the other hand, thumbs up for
Spoiler for Hidden:
a real Canary Cry AND proto-Speedy
in the same episode!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:34:53 AM by Super Firebug »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 12:58:00 AM »
An F-35B taking off vertically with a full weapons load (and presumably a full load of fuel) and transitioning that quickly from jetborne to wingborne mode that close to the ground without a "ground fault"?  I am disappoint.

Decent CGI on the bird, though.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 04:16:24 AM »
So...Thea. What do you think?

Spoiler for Hidden:
What name? "Speedy", "Artemis", or (with Roy's costume) continuing "Arsenal"?

I'm thinking that she modifies the costume, and probably goes by "Artemis", since it's more dignified than "Speedy". Plus, with Oliver's having been publicly pegged as The Arrow twice now, Team Arrow might not want to take the chance that someone who knows them recognizes  "Speedy" as Thea's nickname, and puts two and two together.

Of course, I've overlooked the possibility of a different name. But "Speedy" and "Artemis" are the two that I've seen talked about the most.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:52:19 AM by Super Firebug »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
And after they went to all that trouble to have Oliver call Roy 'Speedy' that one time for no reason.

I thought Katana's Rai ripoff mask was a bit odd but a quick google image search showed me she has that in the comics too.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2015, 07:58:49 PM »
I was super disappointed in the last episode.  I really wanted them to drag out the "Dark Arrow" for a bit (at least 3 episodes).

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 04:40:28 AM »
Buddy of mine was telling me he didn't remember Oliver calling Roy 'Speedy' so it's entirely possible i'm remembering that from the comic.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2015, 02:31:01 AM »
Buddy of mine was telling me he didn't remember Oliver calling Roy 'Speedy' so it's entirely possible i'm remembering that from the comic.

No, you're right. If I recall correctly, Oliver did it to remind Roy of Thea, in order to jolt him out of his rage, and keep him from pounding an opponent to dust. But he did call Roy "Speedy" once on the show. And then, in the crossover event, Lyla asked Oliver if something was wrong between him and "Speedy". She meant Barry, but Oliver thought that she was referring to Roy, for some reason.