Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 80782 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2015, 12:51:48 PM »
The fact that everybody there has been dead for centuries would make no difference to somebody who wasn't a sociopath.  Suppose you were to travel back in time to the middle ages  Once there you start a business.  You hire an apprentice and work with them for years and have a good relationship with them.  Could you casually kill them just because as far as you are concerned they died centuries before your birth?
You're leaving out an important part of the equation, which is that you want to get home and this person can stop you from getting home.  That changes things considerably.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2015, 12:04:54 AM »
You're leaving out an important part of the equation, which is that you want to get home and this person can stop you from getting home.  That changes things considerably.

It wouldn't change anything for me.  You don't kill an innocent person just so you can get home.  If you do then you are evil, pure and simple.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2015, 01:58:58 AM »
It wouldn't change anything for me.  You don't kill an innocent person just so you can get home.  If you do then you are evil, pure and simple.

No one said he's not evil - but in his eyes he probably doesn't think so.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
must've been something in the tomorrow people contracts that if it got cancelled after one season they'd all get jobs on its replacement. of course 12 monkeys is now at 3 nikita cast members so not so odd i suppose.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2015, 10:20:38 AM »
Maybe there are similarities in casting directors.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »
No one said he's not evil - but in his eyes he probably doesn't think so.
Exactly.  The best villains don't think they're evil.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2015, 02:42:56 PM »
I'm wondering when it all gets revealed to Barry and the others about Wells - what happens next? If he gets defeated or sent back to the future then who takes over Star Labs? It only looks like the 3 of them that work there, or at least that's all we ever really see.

And then what would be the next big story arc? Grodd maybe?

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2015, 05:48:23 PM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2015, 06:39:10 PM »
So... One time travel hop resulting in a single repeat day makes a LOT of things different.

On the one hand, I kinda feel like the rug was yanked out from under me. I kinda feel cheated in a way.

Barry's stumble with Iris and Eddie and Caitlyn's lame "patch-over" made my teeth grind. Those were cringe-worthy moments.

But Cisco's not dead. That's a big one. I did like that Wells still gives Cisco the "like a son" speech, except with less lethal results. 

The Rogues being back in town was awesome. Once again Captain Cold is DANGEROUSLY Genre Savvy. He's a worthy opponent. Interesting that he might be agreeable to a "No-killing" understanding. Although Snart was never averse to killing, he already was loathe to do it during "the job" for purely pragmatic reasons. But Flash pointing out to Cold that designing crimes such that he doesn't HAVE to kill at all might be another notch upward in "improving his game" is clever. Now getting Heatwave to go along with that limitation might be a real challenge.

(And what the heck is "Golden Glider's" gun actually DOING? Surely not actually turning stuff to gold or coating them with it?)

And though Wells/Reverse Flash thinks he's covered himself by removing the reporter and his story, Barry is FINALLY getting the hint that something is not right with him.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »
My first thought was "Why does Golden Glider have Goldface's Gold-Gun?"

You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »
(And what the heck is "Golden Glider's" gun actually DOING? Surely not actually turning stuff to gold or coating them with it?)

Since her gun appears to gild the target with a gold-like substance, I'm wondering if they mis-read her name, and wrote her as the Golden Gilder. :/
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2015, 07:54:13 PM »
And if the gun is coating or turning things and people into real gold - then why do they need to rob money?
Just use the gun on stuff to make then gold and sell them anytime they want.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2015, 08:30:16 PM »
I think we can reasonably assume that it isn't shooting actual gold.  :roll:

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2015, 08:41:50 PM »
I think we can reasonably assume that it isn't shooting actual gold.  :roll:

Well yeah. That was rather my point.

I just wish they'd taken 10-20 seconds and actually SAID what it was doing. Even if they don't explain the whole thing.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »
One of the things that television tends to do poorly IMO is have evil mentors that you can imagine anyone ever actually following.

Harrison Wells is the exception to that rule. In his talk with Cisco here you can see why the discovery of the truth about him will hit the team so hard.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2015, 12:27:24 AM »
I wonder was there a REAL Harrison Wells that Thawne replaced in the past or did he just make up the identity.
And he is from the future, there must be info on Harrison Wells and on everything that will happen/has happened otherwise how could Gideon know if the future or past has been altered.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2015, 12:36:05 AM »
Exactly.  The best villains don't think they're evil.

He said he came back to kill Barry - did he mean the 11 year old Barry or the Barry older Barry that traveled back in time to that point?

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2015, 02:09:51 AM »
I got the picture that it was 11 year old Barry since he has been stuck there for 15 years and he said he didn't want to kill her.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2015, 02:42:35 AM »
I got the picture that it was 11 year old Barry since he has been stuck there for 15 years and he said he didn't want to kill her.

So he came back from the future to try and kill the 11 year old Barry - the future Barry (the one now) stopped him and he got stuck in the past.
But if he needs Barry's speed force or whatever to get back to the future - then how was he planning on getting back if he had killed the younger Barry - there would be no Flash. And I still don't get why he would want to kill him when its clear the Flash is around in the future for some Crisis. wouldn't he be messing up the timeline?

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »
I get the impression that Wells might not have understood the full consequences of time travel when he first went back, hence his adamant desire to keep things on the same course. There's also some wonky things going on with time travel. 

1. If Barry went back in time, why aren't there two Barry's running (heh) around?  Why did he go back into his own consciousness?

2. If going back in time puts you into your own body, how did wells get back to 11-year old Barry's place since there's no body for him.  How does Barry, since there is a body (his own, albeit 11-years old).

Lots of questions regarding Wells' motivations and goals.  I hope we get some real insight before the end of the season.