Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 80784 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2015, 09:33:43 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
It's going to be sucks to be Barry.  He now knows how Iris feels for him yet he still won't do anything about it.  Captain, Cisco and Joe will be fine.  Barry's relationship will linger on as he tries really hard not to get near to Iris.  His secret will remain a secret from Iris but he may spill the beans that Iris's mentor is about to do a story on Wells which may get him a fatal visit by the "Man in Yellow".  Of course Iris will eventually find the files which will put here in the crosshairs.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Which will force Eobard to grab Iris at super-speed at her wedding, and accidentally snap her neck which will force Barry to kill Eobard which will make the Justice League come and take him in for a trial that will last approximately 35 seasons (if they stick to the original story) after which he will run away to the future to live with Iris who wasn't killed by Eobard after all.  Then 2 days later the Crisis starts.  Oops.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2015, 11:35:51 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
They had to have the Iris kiss/reveal because they're contractually obligated to fill half the episodes of any DC/CW show after the first 12 with angsty 'we can't be together because i'm a super hero' dialogue. It's the reason Birds of Prey ended so quickly - they didn't have a suitable love interest in place for Huntress to fulfill their contract.

Oh and nice call on the weather wizard brother Felderberg.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2015, 02:16:18 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
They had to have the Iris kiss/reveal because they're contractually obligated to fill half the episodes of any DC/CW show after the first 12 with angsty 'we can't be together because i'm a super hero' dialogue. It's the reason Birds of Prey ended so quickly - they didn't have a suitable love interest in place for Huntress to fulfill their contract.

Oh and nice call on the weather wizard brother Felderberg.

What? What'd I call?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2015, 03:36:25 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
that they'd make the dead weather wizard's brother the new one.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2015, 04:14:31 AM »
Ok, finally got to see this from my Amazon season pass.  Talk about a wham episode.  Revelations everywhere and major plot happenings across the board.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2015, 06:11:40 AM »
Ok, finally got to see this from my Amazon season pass.  Talk about a wham episode.  Revelations everywhere and major plot happenings across the board.

Which the giant Star Trek Voyager reset button of time travel will almost totally erase.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2015, 01:07:14 PM »
Which the giant Star Trek Voyager reset button of time travel will almost totally erase.
But I don't think will erase permanently.  The injuries, for sure will be undone.

The bit with Iris and Wells/Cisco are there to let us, the viewers, know what's going on and add tension to future scenes where we really know what's going on but the characters don't.  Iris/Wells will certainly be revealed (again) in the future. 

It's not a Trek style reset where you never see it again.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2015, 02:11:36 PM »
But I don't think will erase permanently.  The injuries, for sure will be undone.

The bit with Iris and Wells/Cisco are there to let us, the viewers, know what's going on and add tension to future scenes where we really know what's going on but the characters don't.  Iris/Wells will certainly be revealed (again) in the future. 

It's not a Trek style reset where you never see it again.

Thank Gardner Fox it's not a Eureka-style time travel reset either...

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »
Even though the events are potentially gone, the implications will likely last - and Barry does remember what happened, so it's not a standard time travel reset.

More importantly, it moves things along for the viewer. Questions are answered, and the plot is moving forward at a good pace.

Spoiler for Hidden:
that they'd make the dead weather wizard's brother the new one.

Oh, yes, well, that was all over Reddit, and I think most people expected it. They made a big deal about there being two, and then the one got kicked off.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:08 PM »

Which will of course never have happened since Barry is in the past before all the revelations.

My guess is he will stop the Weather Wizard before he even gets started so he won't have to reveal himself to Iris, the Captain wont be killed and he will contact Cisco while in the past, so Cisco will be stopped from retrying the containment field and so Wells wont have to kill him.

Thank You Star Trek Voyager - King of the Reset!

Sorry for the dupe speculations - made this post and submitted and then saw the others before mine, that weren't here when I wrote mine.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2015, 08:59:16 PM »

Sorry for the dupe speculations - made this post and submitted and then saw the others before mine, that weren't here when I wrote mine.

Oh my GOD!!! Time travel!!!!!

Or something.

Anyone else hoping next season they go whole hog and add alternate dimensions along with time travel.  Hands up who wants to see Jay Garrick's Flash on TV!   ;D

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2015, 10:51:27 PM »
Which will of course never have happened since Barry is in the past before all the revelations.

My guess is he will stop the Weather Wizard before he even gets started so he won't have to reveal himself to Iris, the Captain wont be killed and he will contact Cisco while in the past, so Cisco will be stopped from retrying the containment field and so Wells wont have to kill him.

Thank You Star Trek Voyager - King of the Reset!

Spoiler for Hidden:
Barry knows nothing about Cisco so he can't be warned.  I'm guessing Barry will tell Wells about Iris's boss which would cause Wells to tidy things up in the lab before Cisco investigates and before going off and killing that reporter and getting the evidence.  Securing the Weather Wizard now would likely take about a minute once Barry grounds him before he gets Joe and causes the tidal wave.  Wells has some temporal super AI from the future at his beck and call, fudge the super capacitor readings.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2015, 11:19:59 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Maybe he can just go back and tell Joe to maybe take one of the bloody anti-weather-wizard wands with him when he goes off to fight him alone.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2015, 05:29:00 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Barry knows nothing about Cisco so he can't be warned.  I'm guessing Barry will tell Wells about Iris's boss which would cause Wells to tidy things up in the lab before Cisco investigates and before going off and killing that reporter and getting the evidence.  Securing the Weather Wizard now would likely take about a minute once Barry grounds him before he gets Joe and causes the tidal wave.  Wells has some temporal super AI from the future at his beck and call, fudge the super capacitor readings.

I didn't say he would warn him. He will probably contact Cisco to have him do something for him which means he wont go and try the containment device.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2015, 03:46:47 AM »
I have to agree with a comment on the show's IMDB page: there must be plenty of ways to do time travel on the show without saying "never mind" to an entire episode.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2015, 12:30:25 PM »
I have to agree with a comment on the show's IMDB page: there must be plenty of ways to do time travel on the show without saying "never mind" to an entire episode.

I actually think this was the perfect way to time travel.  Because the episode wasn't about time travel it was about revealing secrets not to the characters but to the audience.  The minor reveal was that Iris does love Barry and they will probably wind up together.  This means that folks won't be quite so bitchy about her causing problems between Barry and Linda.

The major reveal was just how evil Wells really is.  You can't help but like the character of Wells (at least I can't) even though they keep having him do downright evil things like killing Stagg.  So you want to justify the bad things he does. 
Spoiler for Hidden:
But he just casually killed Cisco as if it were nothing.  Even with his speech it was like "Well, I really want this piece of pizza but I dropped it on the floor so I guess I'll have to throw it away."  This let's the viewers know without a doubt that Wells really is the big bad but it doesn't have to be revealed to the characters yet. 

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2015, 03:14:08 PM »
I actually think this was the perfect way to time travel.  Because the episode wasn't about time travel it was about revealing secrets not to the characters but to the audience.  The minor reveal was that Iris does love Barry and they will probably wind up together.  This means that folks won't be quite so bitchy about her causing problems between Barry and Linda.

The major reveal was just how evil Wells really is.  You can't help but like the character of Wells (at least I can't) even though they keep having him do downright evil things like killing Stagg.  So you want to justify the bad things he does. 
Spoiler for Hidden:
But he just casually killed Cisco as if it were nothing.  Even with his speech it was like "Well, I really want this piece of pizza but I dropped it on the floor so I guess I'll have to throw it away."  This let's the viewers know without a doubt that Wells really is the big bad but it doesn't have to be revealed to the characters yet. 

Well as he said - to him everyone here has been dead for centuries. Assuming he is from the 25th Century like the comic version.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »
Well as he said - to him everyone here has been dead for centuries. Assuming he is from the 25th Century like the comic version.

That was sort of the thing about Superboy Prime for me. Knowing what we do about comics-- the endless retcons and rebirths, how many of us would not shed a tear over killing a comic book character if we thought it meant we might be able to get back home?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2015, 07:11:45 PM »
Has anyone been reading Cisco's tumblr? Explanations about how the prisoners are fed, as well as some consideration of the moral implications... http://chroniclesofcisco.tumblr.com/

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2015, 02:06:29 AM »

The fact that everybody there has been dead for centuries would make no difference to somebody who wasn't a sociopath.  Suppose you were to travel back in time to the middle ages  Once there you start a business.  You hire an apprentice and work with them for years and have a good relationship with them.  Could you casually kill them just because as far as you are concerned they died centuries before your birth?