Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749566 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #5100 on: February 21, 2015, 07:27:52 PM »
Don't feel bad. It's Monty Python; nobody could do funny better than they did. IMO, honestly, very few people on the planet could even do as well.

Now that would've been an awesome travel power! A ninja run clone where you hop along banging two coconut halves together. For those players who were always asking for horse mounts in the game. ;D

One important thing i learned from working in a restaurant during my undergrad years is that two ramekins make a pretty good coconut substitute. standard issue kitchen towel works for the grass galloping.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5101 on: February 21, 2015, 08:10:23 PM »
Don't feel bad. It's Monty Python; nobody could do funny better than they did. IMO, honestly, very few people on the planet could even do as well.

Now that would've been an awesome travel power! A ninja run clone where you hop along banging two coconut halves together. For those players who were always asking for horse mounts in the game. ;D

Oooh! And a Walk clone too... Silly Walk.

Agreed. Monty Python and crew are a hard act to imitate, let alone duplicate.

I have a lovely bunch of coconuts.... my hovercraft is full of eels
And at least one cat with buttered bread affixed to its back. Otherwise, you'd just have a craft.  :o
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #5102 on: February 21, 2015, 11:32:10 PM »
Agreed. Monty Python and crew are a hard act to imitate, let alone duplicate.
And at least one cat with buttered bread affixed to its back. Otherwise, you'd just have a craft.  :o

Its a quote from the Flying Circus  :)
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5103 on: February 22, 2015, 02:21:49 AM »
Wot, a swallow carryin' a coconut?

Maybe a swallow piloting a jet-propelled coconut.

Beltor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5104 on: February 22, 2015, 04:03:01 AM »
European or African swallow?

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5105 on: February 22, 2015, 02:00:30 PM »
Turbojet or turbofan?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5106 on: February 22, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
Turbojet or turbofan?

Sorry old man I just don't understand your banter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKYL0tW-Ek

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5107 on: February 22, 2015, 07:31:17 PM »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5108 on: February 23, 2015, 07:48:21 PM »
I know its a glitch, but I still tried to lobby for a mode where the head would roll away and the body would just fall down and then explode, but I was told something something animation resources something blah blah.

That would have certainly made it seem more like "arresting" them instead of "blowing them up inside their tanks".
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5109 on: February 23, 2015, 08:08:58 PM »
That would have certainly made it seem more like "arresting" them instead of "blowing them up inside their tanks".

True story: I had no idea there was even anyone supposedly in the tank until around I6ish.  Its not easy to see unless you look closely, and I didn't put much thought into why a large robotic walking assault robot would be carrying a giant aquarium around.  I guess I thought that's just how Nemesis rolled.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5110 on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:05 PM »
Well, if we're talking unlimited animation budgets, I wanted my Necromancy mastermind to be able to replace dead(er) minions by animating the bodies of fallen enemies around me.  Which could lead to a Simpsons-esque skit of animating a dead Longbow and have it start wandering around moaning "...brains, brains, brains!"   Then, when it shuffled over to another Longbow agent to attack them...it would then wander off with a disappointed look on its face still moaning "...brains, brains, brains!"  :)

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5111 on: February 23, 2015, 11:47:49 PM »
True story: I had no idea there was even anyone supposedly in the tank until around I6ish.  Its not easy to see unless you look closely, and I didn't put much thought into why a large robotic walking assault robot would be carrying a giant aquarium around.  I guess I thought that's just how Nemesis rolled.

Do we even know that it's really a person inside there? Given Nemesis, perhaps it's one of their androids (steamdroids?). Because that's probably exactly how Nemesis rolls, with robots inside his robots while they robotically robot their robotic tasks of being robotic robots, yo.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5112 on: February 24, 2015, 12:47:04 AM »
Agreed and double agreed on this. I understand the reason for the silence, but my god I wish we had some news, especially with everyone being worried by the whole nexon thing
I'm patient, but it doesn't help that I first heard about Marvel trying to get the rights to use Spider-Man in their movies in November and they got the deal done by February.   It is possible to do a never before done type of deal in a short time period.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5113 on: February 24, 2015, 01:02:15 AM »
I'm patient, but it doesn't help that I first heard about Marvel trying to get the rights to use Spider-Man in their movies in November and they got the deal done by February.   It is possible to do a never before done type of deal in a short time period.

Completely different situation.  Marvel doesn't need to prove to Sony that they can put Spider-Man into a movie.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5114 on: February 24, 2015, 04:55:51 AM »

Uhm, I don't think the company that created Spiderman decades ago had to prove they could handle Spiderman in their movies to the company that they licensed the movie rights to.

This whole deal is simply Sony and Disney/Marvel lawyers smoothing things out for what they hope is a mutually profitable relationship. 

I do wonder though if there is a clause in the contract where if Spidey's next movies bomb that would stipulate forfeiture of the rights back to Marvel?
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5115 on: February 24, 2015, 04:58:20 AM »
Completely different situation.  Marvel doesn't need to prove to Sony that they can put Spider-Man into a movie.

Its different for a completely different reason.  In the case of Marvel and Sony, both sides had extremely high level people that wanted the deal and worked on it personally.  The right people can make a deal happen almost instantly with just a handshake.  I'm pretty certain no such people are involved in the deal currently under discussion.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5116 on: February 24, 2015, 07:18:47 AM »
Its different for a completely different reason.  In the case of Marvel and Sony, both sides had extremely high level people that wanted the deal and worked on it personally.  The right people can make a deal happen almost instantly with just a handshake.  I'm pretty certain no such people are involved in the deal currently under discussion.

whoever they are, tell them to hurry it up. I have a hami raid to schedule  ;D

rebel 1812

• Boss
« Reply #5117 on: February 24, 2015, 01:48:49 PM »

From nov to feb isn't exactly short; but I agree with you.  When a deal takes long it is likely because one side really isn't in to it.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5118 on: February 24, 2015, 02:29:50 PM »
From nov to feb isn't exactly short; but I agree with you.  When a deal takes long it is likely because one side really isn't in to it.

I have been working on a deal in my personal life for almost two years now. Things go sideways.. People cant agree on every position.. It happens... I am at a situation of pause right now because several key people are out of the country at the moment..

Just because you HEARD about the Marvel Sony deal at a certain time and then a deal was done quickly does not necessarily mean the deal wasnt in the works for a much longer time than that,

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5119 on: February 24, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »

Just because you HEARD about the Marvel Sony deal at a certain time and then a deal was done quickly does not necessarily mean the deal wasnt in the works for a much longer time than that,

Nah, it probably only took minutes...

"Hi, Sony, This is Marvel.  You remember that Avengers movie?"
"Yeah"
"It made more money than everything you released last year combined."
"Yeah."
"And the Thor movies"
"Yeah"
"And the Captain America movies"
"Yeah"
"And the Iron Man movies"
"Yeah"
"Can we use Spider Man in the next movie? We'll give you a percentage."
"Yes, please do.  Use him in every movie.  We'll send a catalog, pick any Sony-owned character you want.  Use them all.  Please.  Please!"