Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749486 times)

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4840 on: February 04, 2015, 10:25:11 PM »
Hell, it took me 2 years to get my first 50 so I sure won't be one of the first.   :P

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4841 on: February 04, 2015, 10:59:15 PM »
I don't plan to level as quickly as possible, but I also don't plan to try doing every possible arc on my way up either.  I imagine there will be a lot of people running DFB to get things rolling, which I expect I will take part in.  I expect I will also take part in my favourite zones such as Faultline and Croatoa.

While I have a looooong list of characters I would like to make eventually, I have it narrowed down to a "short" list of 8 that I intend to make early on, largely representing my favourite ATs (3 controllers, a WS, 1 tank, 1 MM, 1 blaster and 1 dom.  The blaster is the only AT of those I never took to 50.)  Exactly which of those I will focus on at the beginning and which will be the first to 50, I have no idea.  Keep changing my mind.  I don't expect to be one of the earliest getting to 50 again, but I don't think it will take me that long either.

I will definitely say speaking of faultline, people will need to do some kind of time based mission to get Oroborous(am I spelling that right?).  There will be a lot more portal sharing earlier on when the game server/servers go back up and everyone has new characters, that'll mean no one has any time related souvenirs at first.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

EmmaStyles

• Underling
« Reply #4842 on: February 04, 2015, 11:08:52 PM »
I have so many characters I plan on remaking and the others I never got around to creating.  I plan on taking my time leveling each of them. I have no idea who will be first, second, third and so forth but I do know I am going to enjoy being back in our city. I miss it so but talking about it like this with all of you does make me smile.  :) Thank you; it does keep me dreaming and hoping that we hear something soon.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:32:13 PM by EmmaStyles »
Virtue Server

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4843 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:34 PM »
Thank you; it does keep me dreaming and hoping that we hear something soon.

You know, dreams are what stuff is made from.  ;)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Harq

• Underling
« Reply #4844 on: February 05, 2015, 12:24:32 AM »
My biggest temptation would be to spend hours creating characters and then not knowing what to do when I'm done with all the choices.  In my head I'd like to think I'll have the self control to just limit myself a little (cause I'm on the wavelength that it won't go away again anytime soon, preferably never) and concentrate on a selected few.  I doubt I'll power my way through with one character. 

I'll probably do what I did when we last had it.  Pick a character, and try to team.  I loved teaming in this game so much.  If for some reason its a dead time or the teams can't stick together for long periods of time.  Then move on to another fave and hope I get success there.  There were times I played a character for a week straight.  Then others where I kept switching every 30 min or so cause my characters or the team just didn't gel.

That's what is so cool about this game.  There are so many options and fun in every zone and at all levels.  I could be a story guy and solo through.  Or play with a group from level one to who knows. I remembered getting a level 1 teaming at the sewers and moving on to radio missions at Kings and on from there.  Then look at the time and I have about 3 Hours before I'm supposed to wake up.

AARRGGH!!!!  I miss this game sooooooooo much!!!!!

Patiently pulling hair and praying to the almighty toe clippings on the floor for the great news (always optimistic) sooner as opposed to later

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4845 on: February 05, 2015, 12:57:00 AM »
after I reclaim my character names, and make most of them I plan on taking my time going through the content. :) Also I plan on making let's plays, each of the ATs that I play will have its own season. Ie blasters season one, level 1-25 first part of the season with 26-50 the second part. That would be followed by the next at season.
I sooo want to play again :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

zendarin

• Minion
« Reply #4846 on: February 05, 2015, 12:57:12 AM »
They should have a badge just for the first one to get to 50.  I don't know what to name it but it should be unique.

John Hancock. The first to sign the Declaration of Independence and he had that cool superhero movie  :)

Pyromantic

• New Efforts # 16,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #4847 on: February 05, 2015, 02:05:15 AM »
I have so many characters I plan on remaking and the others I never got around to creating.  I plan on taking my time leveling each of them. I have no idea who will be first, second, third and so forth but I do know I am going to enjoy being back in our city. I miss it so but talking about it like this with all of you does make me smile.  :) Thank you; it does keep me dreaming and hoping that we hear something soon.

I miss it greatly at the moment also.

In part it's because I've been trying to distract myself by playing other games--WoW, Sims 3, Hearthstone--but it struck me that WoW breaks what I think should be the cardinal rule of MMOs.  Questing in that game is way easier/more fun when there is nobody else around.  City was the exact opposite; it was awesome solo, but that much more awesome with others.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4848 on: February 05, 2015, 02:22:07 AM »
They should have a badge just for the first one to get to 50.  I don't know what to name it but it should be unique.

If the badge is unique, it will not reward the best or even the fastest player.  It will end up rewarding the player with the best ability to game the system to achieve that goal, and it will definitely be rewarded before first sunrise after the game goes live.

Never underestimate badge hunters.  I wouldn't be surprised if a badge hunter hacked their way to that badge ten minutes after the game went live. 

If I wasn't so busy, I wouldn't be surprised if that badge hunter was me.  There's a reason the badge-hunter.com site was originally called "Badge Whores."  I was still acquiring a few last really hard to get badges a month before shutdown on characters that were about to disappear into the aether (Triumph managed to achieve its first, and I believe only, Really Hard Way Magisterium on October 28th, just 33 days before shutdown).

Don't dangle raw meat in front of badgers, is what I'm trying to say.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4849 on: February 05, 2015, 02:22:26 AM »
Im at the point that I wish there was some kind of news...

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #4850 on: February 05, 2015, 03:01:37 AM »
I have already gotten a start on remaking my characters using Icon.  I figure the saved costume and power customization files should save me 30 minutes per character minimum, and get me into a fully populated map to start playing all the sooner.

Yeah, I am really looking forward to that.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4851 on: February 05, 2015, 04:41:33 AM »
I have already gotten a start on remaking my characters using Icon.  I figure the saved costume and power customization files should save me 30 minutes per character minimum, and get me into a fully populated map to start playing all the sooner.

I'm kind of the same. It will save me some time since I have several characters prebuilt. But I know I'll have to adjust something here or there. I always do.

Are we almost there... oh wait. That's someone else's line. :)
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4852 on: February 05, 2015, 05:15:03 AM »

Here's what I did, made all my heroic and villainous costumes and saved them along with certain power customizations.  However I then made and saved what I call my civilian costume. Regular pants, shoes, shirt, average face, hair, shades and t-shirt, no aura no power customization.   When the game returns I'll just use the civilian suit for initial character creation then as they unlock costume slots I can add the other suits.   Should be fairly quick to load such standard costume apparel.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #4853 on: February 05, 2015, 05:52:41 AM »
I have been wondering how all of that will work WHEN the game comes back.  Will all of the previously unlockable content just be there? Will veteran rewards be available?  Will there be a store where costume pieces can be purchased?  I know they plan to bring it back basically as it was at the time of shut down, but the NCSoft store, and the other real-world money add-ins to the game were a considerable part of it too.  How do we think all of this will be handled?
What was no more, is now reborn!

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #4854 on: February 05, 2015, 05:54:56 AM »

The problem with unique things is...It's not really fair. I suppose it's more that it's not nice, rather than not fair.
It also has the potential to open a can of "F*** the devs." as Badge Whores look at their collection of badges and go "I've got every badge! ...Except all the ones i don't, because they're unique." Now you've got a pissed off badger.

There is a certain kickass coolness to unique things though. I think it threatens to be more trouble than it's worth.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #4855 on: February 05, 2015, 05:59:40 AM »
I could see a badge:

Lvl 50 in 50 day/hours/minutes..
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4856 on: February 05, 2015, 01:21:51 PM »
My biggest temptation would be to spend hours creating characters and then not knowing what to do when I'm done with all the choices.  In my head I'd like to think I'll have the self control to just limit myself a little (cause I'm on the wavelength that it won't go away again anytime soon, preferably never) and concentrate on a selected few.  I doubt I'll power my way through with one character. 

I'll probably do what I did when we last had it.  Pick a character, and try to team.  I loved teaming in this game so much.  If for some reason its a dead time or the teams can't stick together for long periods of time.  Then move on to another fave and hope I get success there.  There were times I played a character for a week straight.  Then others where I kept switching every 30 min or so cause my characters or the team just didn't gel.

That's what is so cool about this game.  There are so many options and fun in every zone and at all levels.  I could be a story guy and solo through.  Or play with a group from level one to who knows. I remembered getting a level 1 teaming at the sewers and moving on to radio missions at Kings and on from there.  Then look at the time and I have about 3 Hours before I'm supposed to wake up.

AARRGGH!!!!  I miss this game sooooooooo much!!!!!

Patiently pulling hair and praying to the almighty toe clippings on the floor for the great news (always optimistic) sooner as opposed to later
That's my view of the game exactly.   Explaining my playstyle would vary depending upon the day.   Such a cool game to support all those various options.

Pyromantic

• New Efforts # 16,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #4857 on: February 05, 2015, 02:06:35 PM »
I haven't messed around with getting characters ready in Icon yet, mostly because I think it would make me even more eager.  I've been content to poke around in Mids and make a list of the builds I want to try.  I expect it wouldn't take me long to get around to Icon if we hear positive news though.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4858 on: February 05, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »
The problem with unique things is...It's not really fair. I suppose it's more that it's not nice, rather than not fair.
It also has the potential to open a can of "F*** the devs." as Badge Whores look at their collection of badges and go "I've got every badge! ...Except all the ones i don't, because they're unique." Now you've got a pissed off badger.

There is a certain kickass coolness to unique things though. I think it threatens to be more trouble than it's worth.

Bug Hunter and Passport were two badges that irritated some badgers
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4859 on: February 05, 2015, 03:22:02 PM »
I haven't messed around with getting characters ready in Icon yet, mostly because I think it would make me even more eager.  I've been content to poke around in Mids and make a list of the builds I want to try.  I expect it wouldn't take me long to get around to Icon if we hear positive news though.

Ditto.  I won't download the icon either and by no means discourage anyone else. 

I think I would play with the characters and then start to think of the old supergroup and events and then .... Poof back to reality.

Anyway, I need to graduate this spring before I ever immerse myself in a virtual world again!