Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748843 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #2800 on: September 22, 2014, 11:13:03 PM »
Haha a lot of the Kanata attacks are wrong as well you would never do a jumping spin for an aoe. There is a Ryu that does a leaping attack. Flashing steal is one that is a common cut. Spinning upper cut (Golden dragon) makes me laugh

The funniest thing, the most impractical weapon, titan weapons, which would be impossible to yield anyways, not to mention swinging something smaller would allow you to do more damage with such strength, at the very least the characters behave with some slight attention to the physics; they don't swing it cloud style and they just let the weapon carry them.  But then I'm often left pondering, how the hell would a titan weapon/LR avoid anything when they couldn't change directions or anything when swinging such a collosal, impractical weapon?  It's silly in a way, though not to say I didn't like titan weapons(fav weapon set actually, so much funny AoE).

I think the big issue with the melee weapons is theres to much time for an opponent to anticipate the moves from them though.  And course, the fact that they all draw from the back, which I already posted a video made by someone who pointed out why it's a very, very bad idea.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2801 on: September 22, 2014, 11:18:48 PM »
The funniest thing, the most impractical weapon, titan weapons, which would be impossible to yield anyways, not to mention swinging something smaller would allow you to do more damage with such strength, at the very least the characters behave with some slight attention to the physics; they don't swing it cloud style and they just let the weapon carry them.  But then I'm often left pondering, how the hell would a titan weapon/LR avoid anything when they couldn't change directions or anything when swinging such a collosal, impractical weapon?  It's silly in a way, though not to say I didn't like titan weapons(fav weapon set actually, so much funny AoE).

I think the big issue with the melee weapons is theres to much time for an opponent to anticipate the moves from them though.  And course, the fact that they all draw from the back, which I already posted a video made by someone who pointed out why it's a very, very bad idea.

You never put a katana on your back it was worn on your left side (Katana is a right handed art) and your blade is facing up in the sheath (curve side is up) There is an entire art just on drawing the sword as a strike. You can actually do a partial draw and block the other guys sword draw; then finish the draw cutting him dead. I had a Katana/sr and sometimes I would laugh at my toons attack. Funny stuff for sure

opprime2828

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2802 on: September 22, 2014, 11:26:49 PM »
Vile Harkonnen! Keep your rags on!
T for Teen, sir!

Tell that to Mother Mayhem. 

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2803 on: September 23, 2014, 12:28:25 AM »
But then I'm often left pondering, how the hell would a titan weapon/LR avoid anything when they couldn't change directions or anything when swinging such a collosal, impractical weapon?

Titan weapons don't avoid anything. Instead, if the anything doesn't successfully avoid the Titan weapon, the anything gets smashed.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2804 on: September 23, 2014, 12:33:57 AM »

in a game that I am arresting purse snatchers with radiation poisoning, excessive force doesnt seem to be a problem. having my demons restore the "peace" with hellfire is right there next to that.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2805 on: September 23, 2014, 12:56:34 AM »
in a game that I am arresting purse snatchers with radiation poisoning, excessive force doesnt seem to be a problem. having my demons restore the "peace" with hellfire is right there next to that.
Yes, the game left it up to you to define what "defeated" meant, but I'm hard pressed to come up with a non-lethal definition of a "Decapitation" attack.  Still, I've had friends who insisted that the villains they "defeated" all ended up safely in the Zig, whereas I insisted that I killed every last one of them and spared the taxpayers the expense of housing them (briefly, until they broke out again later that afternoon).  Seriously, why do they even bother processing prisoners in at the Zig?

My favorite superhero was always Frank Castle.  He knew the right way how to deal with violent criminals...permanently.  I never had any real respect for the idiotic catch-and-release superheroes who never seemed to notice that maybe they should try something else after the 100th time their mortal nemesis escaped from prison yet again...

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2806 on: September 23, 2014, 12:57:21 AM »
Staff fighting - pained me. I have done bojitsu for 39 years now and have done great weapons fighting in the SCA for 24. I even offered to send video's of strikes and combinations that would look good in the game, instead we got something I refuse to play.

It is ugly and with none of the flowing smooth movement or the quick strikes that I love.

As a martial artist - I can't play it - shudders.

If I could handle the game's under-abundance of physics and literacy, I think you could have eventually gotten used to break dancing staff swings.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2807 on: September 23, 2014, 01:08:55 AM »
Yes, the game left it up to you to define what "defeated" meant, but I'm hard pressed to come up with a non-lethal definition of a "Decapitation" attack.  Still, I've had friends who insisted that the villains they "defeated" all ended up safely in the Zig, whereas I insisted that I killed every last one of them and spared the taxpayers the expense of housing them (briefly, until they broke out again later that afternoon).

Given that it almost never rained in Paragon City, I'm not sure if it was cheaper to be constantly mopping them off the sidewalk.

Then again, I think its much easier to decapitate someone without killing them, than it would be to telepathically convince a trash can it was injured to the point of detonation.

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2808 on: September 23, 2014, 01:09:57 AM »
Yes, the game left it up to you to define what "defeated" meant, but I'm hard pressed to come up with a non-lethal definition of a "Decapitation" attack.  Still, I've had friends who insisted that the villains they "defeated" all ended up safely in the Zig, whereas I insisted that I killed every last one of them and spared the taxpayers the expense of housing them (briefly, until they broke out again later that afternoon).  Seriously, why do they even bother processing prisoners in at the Zig?

My favorite superhero was always Frank Castle.  He knew the right way how to deal with violent criminals...permanently.  I never had any real respect for the idiotic catch-and-release superheroes who never seemed to notice that maybe they should try something else after the 100th time their mortal nemesis escaped from prison yet again...
The ones you killed did not break out later that day...their CLONES were set lose!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2809 on: September 23, 2014, 01:20:21 AM »
The ones you killed did not break out later that day...their CLONES were set lose!

Its also possible Paragon City was a Westworld amusement park for meta humans.  It explains the fake currency, why we all thought we defeated the same Frostfire, and why the same woman has been getting her purse stolen on every block of the City for over ten years.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #2810 on: September 23, 2014, 02:07:39 AM »
*Shudder* That's spooky. . .
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #2811 on: September 23, 2014, 02:28:24 AM »

Tell that to Mother Mayhem.

Chest Cleavage isn't enough to go beyond a t rating or pg-13 rating and hasn't been for quite sometime.

Honestly I wish instead of using game ratings that alternate textures/sounds existed for parental controls... Sort of a way for parents to censor out content they don't want minors seeing. That way games can't be held back by a rating. Sometimes I wish when I punched a weak hellion across the map that it resulted in atleast a little bit of blood but we'll never have that in a t rated game unfortunately... (yet not long ago that was allowed in the older mortal kombat games by entering a password)

Baja

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2812 on: September 23, 2014, 02:44:50 AM »

Honestly I wish instead of using game ratings that alternate textures/sounds existed for parental controls... Sort of a way for parents to censor out content they don't want minors seeing.

That's existed forever, it's called "paying attention to your kids" although this ancient technique has been long ignored, some practioners of this ancient art still exist today.

Seriously though blaming companies for what your kid has seen on a video game, movie, etc is just laziness. Maybe if people tried to take interest in what their kids were into, or even just taught their children to be open and honest, we as adult consumers wouldn't have to miss out on things like this.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #2813 on: September 23, 2014, 03:07:54 AM »
Wholeheartedly agree.

That, and I hate when people make statements that have no links to back up such statements. You can't make a statement like "conclusively proven" without linking to said study that "conclusively proved" it.

Otherwise, just leave it alone. ;)

Uh, excuse me! I watch Men Who Stare At Goats, and, in it, Colonel The Dude proved that it was bupkis!

:D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2814 on: September 23, 2014, 03:15:59 AM »

While you could always pretend to be the like the great Hitokiri Battōsai when it comes to Katana you where a great swordsman that warder and defend the weak to pay for him crimes and used a reverse blade sword. See you just bashed in there heads and sent them to the hospital but hey you did not cut of his head it is all good

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2815 on: September 23, 2014, 03:21:10 AM »
While you could always pretend to be the like the great Hitokiri Battōsai when it comes to Katana you where a great swordsman that warder and defend the weak to pay for him crimes and used a reverse blade sword. See you just bashed in there heads and sent them to the hospital but hey you did not cut of his head it is all good
If you leave them alive, I say the job's not done.

Take a bite out of crime in Praetoria.  It's for the good of the empire, really.  :)

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2816 on: September 23, 2014, 03:22:54 AM »
Its also possible Paragon City was a Westworld amusement park for meta humans.  It explains the fake currency, why we all thought we defeated the same Frostfire, and why the same woman has been getting her purse stolen on every block of the City for over ten years.

http://movies.zap2it.com/movies/the-truman-show/20974?aid=zap2it
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #2817 on: September 23, 2014, 04:22:15 AM »

lol
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #2818 on: September 23, 2014, 04:42:20 AM »

Of course there are a few places in the real world where if you have the power (and the agreement of the local authorities to look the other way while you exercise it) you can execute people on the spot for crimes as vicious as vandalism, graffiti, robbery, burglary, associating with undesirables, attempting to fight back when their friends are attacked by a heavily armed (or superpowered) self-appointed militia, exposing their head in public, looking suspicious or any other thing that offends you. Those places usually make the Rogue Isles look utopian by comparison if you're not among the elites, of course, but it's a great place if you think Western concepts of due process and trials are decadent ploys to interfere with dispensing divine justice. Which is just about all you could ever ask for once you realize you're infallible and inerrant.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2819 on: September 23, 2014, 04:56:58 AM »
in a game that I am arresting purse snatchers with radiation poisoning, excessive force doesnt seem to be a problem.

I know radiation blast's damage wasn't very high, but I think its exaggerating a bit to claim that your blasts took several hours to bring down a minion.  Ice melee sometimes brought down critters by ultimately giving them pneumonia, but that was before the buffs to Frozen Aura.