Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1746923 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4320 on: December 02, 2014, 08:50:01 PM »
I got the ball rolling and Nate and friends took it the rest of the way.

He was involved as he was saying his phone bill was feeling the pain of calls to South Korea. It is possible that once the group running the Classic CoH is in place - he may not be involved past that. I know he is doing this for our benefit as MWM is not part of it all.

Nate is/was running with it until the other group is in place to run the server and deal with the IP purchase.

Then we will know our new overlords.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4321 on: December 02, 2014, 09:04:53 PM »
Hilarious!  I've saved a copy of that one now.  Believe it or not, I actually went to a Vanilla Ice concert back in the late 80's.

I never went to a concert, but I did watch his movie without turning it off. A couple times! ;D

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4322 on: December 02, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
but I did watch his movie without turning it off. A couple times! ;D

Wow, for real? :)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4323 on: December 02, 2014, 10:36:33 PM »
I got the ball rolling and Nate and friends took it the rest of the way.

He was involved as he was saying his phone bill was feeling the pain of calls to South Korea. It is possible that once the group running the Classic CoH is in place - he may not be involved past that. I know he is doing this for our benefit as MWM is not part of it all.

Nate is/was running with it until the other group is in place to run the server and deal with the IP purchase.

Then we will know our new overlords.

I welcome the new future CoH Overlords :)
In fearful COH-less days

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4324 on: December 03, 2014, 05:29:36 AM »
I welcome the new future CoH Overlords :)

Once I would have agreed without thinking; but I think back and remember how I was one of those who wanted Venom to be in Raimi's Spider-man 3. "Get him in there!" I said. "He needs to be in there any which kinda way!"

Lo, the powers that be hearkened to the fan's cries, and we did indeed get Venom in S-M3. He just turned out to be that nerdy guy from "That 70s Show." This taught me the folly of speaking without thinking things through; after I was restrained from hurling myself off the nearest big bridge, that is.

So, if the new overlords turn out NOT to be the equivalent of That 70s Venom, I will welcome them wholeheartedly. [I dont at all think they will be, I am just wary of making more rash predictions.]

Henry Rollins for Eddie Brock, dammit. he's old enough, big enough and more than intimidating enough, when he wants to be. But I digress. I actually think this franchise needs a resting period of at least ten years. But thats not here nor there.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4325 on: December 03, 2014, 06:23:06 AM »
Wow, for real? :)

Yep! I dig cheesy movies. They're fun :D

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4326 on: December 03, 2014, 06:59:21 AM »
Once I would have agreed without thinking; but I think back and remember how I was one of those who wanted Venom to be in Raimi's Spider-man 3. "Get him in there!" I said. "He needs to be in there any which kinda way!"

Lo, the powers that be hearkened to the fan's cries, and we did indeed get Venom in S-M3. He just turned out to be that nerdy guy from "That 70s Show." This taught me the folly of speaking without thinking things through; after I was restrained from hurling myself off the nearest big bridge, that is.

So, if the new overlords turn out NOT to be the equivalent of That 70s Venom, I will welcome them wholeheartedly. [I dont at all think they will be, I am just wary of making more rash predictions.]

Henry Rollins for Eddie Brock, dammit. he's old enough, big enough and more than intimidating enough, when he wants to be. But I digress. I actually think this franchise needs a resting period of at least ten years. But thats not here nor there.

The studio is to be blamed for Venom being forced into SM3.  The should have saved him for #4
In fearful COH-less days

Darkojin

• Minion
« Reply #4327 on: December 03, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
The studio is to be blamed for Venom being forced into SM3.  The should have saved him for #4

They really should have done a much better job on Venom in that movie, as they completely made it impossible for the introduction of the next villain in that line - Carnage. With the new series, maybe we will get to finally see Venom and Carnage (as they should be). The funny thing is, they teased Carnage as a villain in Amazing Spiderman 2 on the posters. It listed 4 things (drawing a total blank on the first three), with the last one as Carnage. Then we get the first preview and all we see is Electro.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4328 on: December 03, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
They really should have done a much better job on Venom in that movie, as they completely made it impossible for the introduction of the next villain in that line - Carnage. With the new series, maybe we will get to finally see Venom and Carnage (as they should be). The funny thing is, they teased Carnage as a villain in Amazing Spiderman 2 on the posters. It listed 4 things (drawing a total blank on the first three), with the last one as Carnage. Then we get the first preview and all we see is Electro.

As I recall Sam Rami is not a fan of the symbiote characters and was told by the studio to shoehorn Venom into #3.

As to Carnage, he is an irredeemable killer. To put him in would likely generate an R rated Spiderman movie given all the violence that Carnage is capable of.
In fearful COH-less days

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4329 on: December 03, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »

2 things:
1. if the new Overlords do buy the game and get it out into the wild again away from any other influence - they are much more likely to be willing to sell it again if they go belly up.
2. How can you screw up keeping a game in maintenance mode?

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #4330 on: December 03, 2014, 12:15:23 PM »
I wish I had some kind of an idea on who might end up with the big chair in the end...Especially since in a way you could look at them as my boss. lol.

Also, I suppose in a way you could look at me as "one of the new overlords" and nobody's made any comparisons between me and Spider-Man 3 Venom. So that's likely a good sign all around.
(Love Topher Grace, but he's nowhere near the right fit for Eddie Brock. He'd be a better Peter Parker.)

It's kind of hard to screw up a Maint. mode server. Since it's mostly...making sure everything keeps ticking.
But...It's possible...they could say...Politely inform me that I need to shoehorn in Topher Grace as Venom, or turn over Revival.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4331 on: December 03, 2014, 12:30:34 PM »
But...It's possible...they could say...Politely inform me that I need to shoehorn in Topher Grace as Venom, or turn over Revival.

Don't worry about it! Just put in the character, and then immediately have it generic'd for looking too much like a Marvel copyright. Bam, problem solved.

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #4332 on: December 03, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »
LOL,  OK Triplash you win the internetz this morning  :o

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4333 on: December 03, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »

Imma put a [citation needed] on this with extreme prejudice.  I did find an ASM2 poster featuring Carnage, but it's on deviantArt, and (as cool as it looks) is not official.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4334 on: December 03, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
I wish I had some kind of an idea on who might end up with the big chair in the end...Especially since in a way you could look at them as my boss. lol.

Also, I suppose in a way you could look at me as "one of the new overlords" and nobody's made any comparisons between me and Spider-Man 3 Venom. So that's likely a good sign all around.
(Love Topher Grace, but he's nowhere near the right fit for Eddie Brock. He'd be a better Peter Parker.)

It's kind of hard to screw up a Maint. mode server. Since it's mostly...making sure everything keeps ticking.

I don't know - while they will be authorized to sell the IP - I don't think they would have any say in your design. To run the classic game server and to authorize leases for the IP seems a relatively simple job. If they - as I would do in their shoes - had a word with the possible SCoRE folks and work on a stand alone version while still hosting the original server.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #4335 on: December 03, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »
Valiance Online put out pre-Alpha last weekend, canny of them.  I got my invite yesterday am and went on about twelve hours later because I didn't like my pre-pre Alpha experience.  I am pleased enough with what I see to throw a little money at them.  The area is much like Atlas Park without looking exactly like it.  The thing is clunky, I played a Street Brawler, a Shadow Controller (who didn't really control well), and a Martial Artist and missions and villains are minimal, but  . . . it will do until COH is up and running and Revival goes.  I foresee subscribing to several games, since I subscribed as much as I could to COT.

Bottom line 1) I like what Valiance Online is doing 2) I think they deserve funding

And, 3, re: a stand alone game of COH, is that even possible?  I don't have any tech chops at all, so I would love that, but OTOH, seeing PEOPLE in Valiance Online was wonderful.  I understand now that I soloed more than I should have -- though you can see by the time of this post that I remain a working writer able to grab a mission now and then as a break.

Thanks for letting me babble.
Robin
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #4336 on: December 03, 2014, 05:09:10 PM »
I understand now that I soloed more than I should have -- though you can see by the time of this post that I remain a working writer able to grab a mission now and then as a break.

Ah, yes, 10 in the morning. The classic time for... uh... what was I supposed to be able to tell by the time you're posting? :p

I will say I did solo a lot in CoH, after getting burned by my first SG being disbanded for no reason. I have mixed feelings about getting overly involved with people on the internet.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #4337 on: December 03, 2014, 06:28:51 PM »
Ah, yes, 10 in the morning. The classic time for... uh... what was I supposed to be able to tell by the time you're posting? :p

I will say I did solo a lot in CoH, after getting burned by my first SG being disbanded for no reason. I have mixed feelings about getting overly involved with people on the internet.

LOL, yes, 10.  It should have been 9 but I played VO until 2 am last night so I didn't get up at 7 as I'd anticipated.  I do best in 2 hour shifts.  Up at 8 and 2 hours work and break...
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #4338 on: December 03, 2014, 06:43:06 PM »
I hate soloing... no really.. I mean HATE soloing. Of the 8 years I was an active subscriber in CoH... I soloed MAYBE .001%. I think th eonly thing I have ever really soloed was the invention system tutorial a few times and the midnighter arc a few times... Heck even when I pvp'd I liked someone on my team....

As for VO... I think it's important people realize this is not an Alpha or Beta but an early PRE-Alpha.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4339 on: December 03, 2014, 06:47:55 PM »
2. How can you screw up keeping a game in maintenance mode?

Oh, just look at what happened to CO :).  From maintenance mode to baiting and switching through nerfing and then releasing more powerful lockbox only items so many things as to leave only a mere few builds viable.  Pretty pitiful state of it's game.

Edit: Removed the incarnate post as I misread which thread this was.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.