Author Topic: What was your reaction upon hitting level 50 the first time  (Read 4738 times)

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
Re: What was your reaction upon hitting level 50 the first time
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
I hit 50 around Issue 3 with my main. My initial reaction was, "Hallelujah! No more debt!"

I do believe I probably worked off enough debt to level three blasters to 50.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 03:02:50 PM »
I'm surprised nobody else posted this yet.

Then again, I couldn't find one guy doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIVy5XdQhOM

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 09:42:48 PM »
My first 50 was after I had played 4 years. My son and daughter in law both played and teased me that I would never have a 50 because I was an altaholic and the master of the under 20 game. So I made a claws / reflex scrapper and ran him to 50.  That convinced me to make a PB - then I decided to get a villain to 50 so I could get a Soldier or Widow. I felt a sense of satisifaction that they could no longer tease me on my altaholic  behavior.

Apex Viper

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 05:29:03 AM »
I'm surprised nobody else posted this yet.

Then again, I couldn't find one guy doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIVy5XdQhOM

gotta love Daniel Byran
In the end, we all are heroes, even the Villains; fighting to save a city that we all love.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »
I almost quit the game after I dinged my first 50.  I had no alts and figured I saw what the game had to offer.  Luckily, I decided to start up a new toon, and eight years later I was still dinging 50s;)
I cannot wait to get back to Paragon City.

Byakuya523

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »
was happy I got my blaster to 50 that i rushed into DA and died
Nahar 50 Energy/Energy Blaster
DraconicSins 50 Fire/Fire Tank
Chaotic Princess 50 Robotics/Thermal Radiation MM
Kugari 50 Titan Weapon/Super Reflex Brute

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 01:48:12 AM »
I took me 7+ years to hit my first level 50.  My main character P E A C E M A K E R on virtue.  After hearing of City of Heroes closing I made the grind to 50.  I was so excited and spent most of my time from then on exploring the incarnate stuff.  But after finally reaching level 50 and years of rerolling my main character I knew I wanted to commemorate that moment so the first thing I did was commission Brandon McKinney, artist on the Blue King Studios run of City of Heroes comics for the picture you see in my avatar.  I had my second hero character A R C H E T Y P E ding 50 shortly after.  I was well on the way to a third 50 with my character Z E N a hero who made his way through the Praetorian resistance missions.  I wish I would have ran a villain to 50 but I think my villains only made it to levels 20-30.

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 12:45:10 AM »
At the time there was no endgame, so when I got my first hero to 50 I went, "Meh, new character."

After the VEATS debuted I decided to take a serious stab at leveling a villain...an elec / elec brute who was pretty goldurned fun to play.  When I got him to 50 I went, "Yahoo!  New character!" and rolled my first widow.  Oh, widows, how I miss ya.

Finally, when the incarnate stuff hit, I blew the dust off of my collection of 50's and started playing them again.  Endgame, at last!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:50:56 AM by Mike D »

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 05:26:16 PM »
I think my first level 50 was early on in the CoH timeline.  I promptly put him away and played alts for years.  Getting to 50 when there was little to no endgame was sort of a let down for me.

I had always had the goal to get at least 1 level 50 from each of the 10 base archs (sadly I only ended up with 7 archs completed before closure) and some of the newer powersets were so fun I just took the characters all the way to 50 without even feeling like I was grinding.

When Incarnate content came out I was playing all my level 50s for the incarnate powers.  I loved BAF!  Not sure why that one never got old for me like most of the other incarnate trials did.  If the game comes back I want to finish what I started and get all 10 base archs to 50!

MattTreck

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »
"Now people can't tell me to go level while we're sitting in Atlas Plaza."

I was incredibly excited seeing as I believe I was 12 or 13 at the time.

TriNitroToluene

• Minion
  • Triumph Server....the few, the proud, the pantless
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 10:17:39 PM »
Relief. :-[   I began suffering from altitis almost immediately.  It probably took me 18 months to get my first 50 partly due to not teaming much in the beginning.  I eventually got the hang of things and ended with numerous 50's of every AT, except fot a Peacebringer and Widow.

Crazyleo

• Minion
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 04:31:57 AM »
For me, it was a sigh of relief that I made it to 50; mainly because it was such a grind from 40 to 50 that I literally burnt myself out of the game for two years before coming back.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »
Well, considering you've earned half the total XP you need to get to 50 at something like Lvl 45.1...

Crazyleo

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 01:01:52 PM »
Well, at the time, I only had a bare bones background for the character (FF/Eng defender). When I decided to come back, I made the effort to flesh out that background and the personality of that character (and all subsequent characters). All that effort paid off in spades because I enjoyed playing each and every character and the grind to 50 wasn't as arduous as that first time.

Freakenstein

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 04:44:04 AM »
"Now people can't tell me to go level while we're sitting in Atlas Plaza."

LOL. Atlas Park Bums FTW!
First time I dinged 50 I spent the next 5 years trying to get that 1XP to make it to 51.
x.x

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:41 PM »
I was a bit sad when my main hit 50.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »
A little bit of "finally", a little bit of "yes, Kheldians!" and a lot of "Woooooohooooo!!!!" I tended to play with lots of alts, and casually, so I ended up sweeping the Portal Corp. parking lot one day when I got close. Possessed Scientist for the ding!

I immediately went to Atlas and threw a celebratory costume contest with a 1 million inf prize (this was before the market, and while 1 million wasn't huge huge, it was quite a bit, as I recall).
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 09:59:21 AM »
About time.

Actually because of a bad case of altitis I only got my namesake to Level 50 and it took me years because I rarely ran him once he got to PI.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot