Author Topic: What's did you like and not like about CoH?  (Read 10002 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: What's did you like and not like about CoH?
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 08:30:25 PM »
How do you stop a teleporter in capture the flag?  ???
Increase Density, Recall Foe, Clear Mind, Repel and many other powers all cast on the flag would be used to stop TPing the flag.

Think outside of the box! That is why I said players could have solved the balance issues. If I can use powers on a reactor in a Trial - I can use it on a flag or wall/door/desk.

Bleed

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2014, 05:24:49 AM »
I think I miss pre 50 introductions when 40 was the limit and HO's were the ultimate goal. For me personally the game lost its flavor when IO's became part of the game and the epics was the final straw I stopped playing prior to the close because I didnt like the new epic power direction :(

I think in the pre50 days the game was more balanced

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2014, 12:00:22 PM »
I must be the only person who actually likes CoV's zones. :P I don't know if it's because I started playing shortly after CoV came out, but Rogue Isles really is a quite special place to me.

I liked it too, more so than Paragon City: it was obviously designed with the mistakes of the previous maps in mind, plus it seemed to have more map variation in general.  And on the side of ineffability, there was just something about it that felt better to me too.  I started playing CoH but CoV was where I caught the bug, so that probably has something to do with it.
"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2014, 08:56:01 PM »
2) You can never cap out. I never liked the concept of being capped. However, that allows you to get benefit from multiple sources of buffs without having the additional source "wasted".
Oooo...my solo SR Scrapper does not like this very much.
I thought there should have been some type of system to flag a player as not available/touchable if they were there to ONLY do tasks and badges. It should have been a choice when you first entered the zone (So as it could not be griefed/abused). My main badger had a hell of a time getting the exploration badges in RV. I finally had to dual box with that toon following my stalker... when people would mess with that toon.. I would kill them with my stalker :) (I killed 5 or 6 people that way and got a Glad Proc from one of the kills so I felt vindicated LOL)
That's pretty funny.   8)   Good idea there.
Also the mission creator. I get the devs lacked content but it turned into a farming heaven that really made it pointless to play through the stuff they spent so many hours creating. If there were some way to allow players to design content and have "the best of" implemented into the game simply by placing some npcs and door entries around the pre-existing maps I think that would have been much cooler.
I used to go to the AE section of the forum to find missions that people had posted.   That made it really easy. (and there were a LOT of them)  You just have to walk around the farmers on your way to the door...no big deal.
By the way, it worked. I married that hot girl in 2006.

Before the shutdown, our kids had heroes in the game.

THAT'S what I truly loved about this game!
Awesome.    :D

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 01:10:55 AM »
Liked:

Global channels
Server Channels
SG Channels
Create-a-channel
Exemplar at +5
Travel Powers at L6
Power Set Proliferation
Global Player Ratings
Customizable UI

Dislike: