Author Topic: NeverWinter  (Read 25983 times)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: NeverWinter
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2013, 03:20:37 AM »
From what I understand Foundry content scales to your level too. So all it needs to do is be smart enough to not let you take foundry missions that start in zones you don't have access too yet.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2013, 08:28:50 AM »

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to be buying the $60 pack here soon. Can't really shell out $200 all at once for this, but I totally would if I could. I've loved the Forgotten Realms since I played Baldur's Gate for the first time. I've read tons of the novels, played all the games. After seeing the videos from beta I'm a little bummed I missed the first one. My preferred class is wizard anyway though, so I wouldn't have been able to test that out.
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to be buying the $60 pack here soon. Can't really shell out $200 all at once for this, but I totally would if I could. I've loved the Forgotten Realms since I played Baldur's Gate for the first time. I've read tons of the novels, played all the games. After seeing the videos from beta I'm a little bummed I missed the first one. My preferred class is wizard anyway though, so I wouldn't have been able to test that out.

Yeah. I'm hoping it will be in the next test. I guess they are still tweaking the class.

kongman

• Underling
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »
For those that have played, what do you think of it so far?
I'm a little worried that this game kind of takes away from what DnD offers with only offering a handful of classes. One of my favorite things about DnD is being able to multiclass and bring different abillities to the table, where as this is basically an action game.  I have tried Dragon's Nest (which is pretty much a cute anime version of this) and found the combat fun, but it did wear off after awhile. I'll try it out and let myself decide of course, but just wondering what others think.

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2013, 08:06:13 PM »
For those that have played, what do you think of it so far?
I'm a little worried that this game kind of takes away from what DnD offers with only offering a handful of classes. One of my favorite things about DnD is being able to multiclass and bring different abillities to the table, where as this is basically an action game.  I have tried Dragon's Nest (which is pretty much a cute anime version of this) and found the combat fun, but it did wear off after awhile. I'll try it out and let myself decide of course, but just wondering what others think.

I haven't played, but I'll bet the whole "handful of classes" problem will go away really fast. New classes is a marketing no-brainer for any f2p game. If I had to bet, I'd wager that they already have a couple they haven't told us about that are almost finished.
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2013, 08:53:25 AM »
I haven't played, but I'll bet the whole "handful of classes" problem will go away really fast. New classes is a marketing no-brainer for any f2p game. If I had to bet, I'd wager that they already have a couple they haven't told us about that are almost finished.
Yep, my bet would be rangers and/or druids are already waiting to make their entrance.  8)
With many other classes being worked on for future updates.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 01:56:16 PM »
Yep, my bet would be rangers and/or druids are already waiting to make their entrance.  8)
With many other classes being worked on for future updates.

Yes they are working on tons of classes and also races. They will launch with at least five classes and they have said they are almost done with another that is a ranged DPS. That will be either a ranger or a warlock. I'm sure eventually all of the 4e classes and their variants will be added.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »
Yes they are working on tons of classes and also races. They will launch with at least five classes and they have said they are almost done with another that is a ranged DPS. That will be either a ranger or a warlock. I'm sure eventually all of the 4e classes and their variants will be added.
Yeah, and the fact that they already have "nature" items (resources? can't remember what they are called exactly) in game is what makes me think Ranger.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2013, 06:18:14 AM »
Yeah, and the fact that they already have "nature" items (resources? can't remember what they are called exactly) in game is what makes me think Ranger.

Yeah me too, though I wonder if the Great Weapon Fighter uses those nodes. It's kinda supposed to be like a barbarian I think. Not sure, though. Tons of people are crying out for Ranger, and I believe they have said there is definitely a Ranger in development. I suspect it will be a paid class, but we'll see. The classes they have for free are fun. I'll play those for a bit, then buy some slots and new classes.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »
The more I see of the game, in screenshots and videos, the more I just want to go back and play the old Bioware version. It even had tools to build missions/quests. I am looking forward to this one, but it likel won't be my Next Game.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 05:13:08 AM »
It even had tools to build missions/quests.

It had torture devices, and if one was lucky the blood and tears it squeezed out of you might coalesce to form something playable.  One of the worst interfaces I've ever dealt with.  And in the second game it just managed to get worse.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2013, 06:22:48 AM »
The more I see of the game, in screenshots and videos, the more I just want to go back and play the old Bioware version. It even had tools to build missions/quests. I am looking forward to this one, but it likel won't be my Next Game.

Screenshots and vids don't do it justice. Just sayin'. But yeah, it's totally different from the old Bioware version. Though there are quite a few nods to it.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2013, 08:40:34 AM »
It had torture devices, and if one was lucky the blood and tears it squeezed out of you might coalesce to form something playable.  One of the worst interfaces I've ever dealt with.  And in the second game it just managed to get worse.
I knew some people that did amazing things with that toolkit, running their own persistent worlds with their custom scripts and custom models on it.
NWN had a huge modding community too.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
I knew some people that did amazing things with that toolkit, running their own persistent worlds with their custom scripts and custom models on it.
NWN had a huge modding community too.

And some guys can make a serviceable raft out of old cereal boxes, but that doesn't make old cereal boxes an ideal building material for constructing rafts. ;)
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2013, 09:50:37 AM »
And some guys can make a serviceable raft out of old cereal boxes, but that doesn't make old cereal boxes an ideal building material for constructing rafts. ;)
And some get papercut merely handling the boxes. ;)
It makes me wonder what you thought of AE on CoH.

Shandi

• Underling
  • I Fear death, But I wont let it stop me from livin
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013, 10:17:26 AM »
I loved playing Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights II. When I had finnaly had a good fill of the first one I was finnaly interested in City of Heroes. I started playing CoH on New Years day 9 months after it luanched and had an active account until it closed. Now as to Neverwinter I just might have to play it just because I had so much fun with the first 2 and the fact I was so into City of Heroes. I realy think I just want an MMO that is familiar to me with stories and lore that I feel comfortable with and hopes of being able to make friends like I did in CoH/CoV.
Kreia from KotOR Sith Lords: "It is such a quiet thing to fall... but far more terrible as to admit it."

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2013, 11:06:50 AM »
It makes me wonder what you thought of AE on CoH.

Tedious to use when I was giving it a go (but less tedious to use than the buggy base creator which also had the added bonus of costing way too much in both initial fees and upkeep).  Later, when updates made whatever project was working on unserviceable I gave up on bothering with it as a creator, and by that time I had pretty much given up on it as a participant as well for various reasons.  All-in-all I was dissatisfied with it.

Ages ago I had started converting the Temple of Elemental Evil tabletop scenario into a NWN game, but then stuff happened and I fell out of messing with NWN.  Which is too bad, as I had modded a character to be the Juggernaut and I didn't quite finish the main campaign with him.  When NWN2 came out I picked it up and was more annoyed with the regular characters, but when I went to mod it out to my taste the toolset hit me in the face like a spiky brick wall.  For a minute I had it sussed out and then I blinked and it was gone.  "User friendly" was apparently not on their design schedule in either instance.  It was like they took RPG Maker, made it harder to use, and tacked on a bunch of content limitations (that I know the modding community got around, but they shouldn't have had to).

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »

Challenge accepted! :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2013, 06:40:27 AM »
Challenge accepted! :)

I seemed to recall the actual quote was "old used cereal packets", but I couldn't confirm it.  Worse - while I could've sworn it was a Monty Python quote, I couldn't confirm that either.  So now I have this quote snippet in my head and I'm not sure how accurate it is or where it comes from.  Stupid brain.