Paragon Chat > General

Paragon Chat 1.0 Mac Edition Beta Testing

(1/6) > >>

Manga:

EDIT:  Beta is now closed, IR has hit first new release.  I changed the link below to download the release version.

I think I found a way around the issues that were preventing Paragon Chat from running on Mac, especially El Capitan (10.11.x).  As much as I'd like to release it already, I'd like to go through a couple of stages of testing first.

The Open Beta stage is now in progress.

If you're interested, follow these steps:

1.  BACK UP your current CoH/Paragon Chat client first.  You can do that easily enough by right-clicking it and selecting Compress from the contextual menu.  This step will preserve your settings and screenshots if something goes wrong.  This is a beta, after all.

2.  Download Island Rum.

3.  Uncompress Island Rum beta.

4.  Launch Island Rum beta and wait for it to download your replacement Mac client, move all your CoH files, and check for patches.  If you get an error, try running it again.  Demand will be high, so it may have difficulty getting files.

After that you should be able to launch Paragon Chat normally from Island Rum.  It will also be launchable without Island Rum by double-clicking the CoH app.

Beta Notes:

- The same client can also be used for Titan Icon.

- You will have to enter your login and password again, and re-set your display settings, as those don't transfer from the Cider client, or from Homebrew Wine.  NOTE:  Settings also don't make it version-to-version.  I might be able to solve that via Island Rum, but it doesn't work yet.

- Having Wine installed via Homebrew or outside sources may cause unexpected results.  I don't expect it, but it could be unexpected.

- Windowed Mode works, but it's kind of tricky.  You have to set the CoH settings to Windowed first, then click Apply, then exit CoH and launch it again.  Then drag the corner of the window to change its size.  There is a slight chance it may start up the 2nd time with a really tiny window.

- You might have to re-select the path to your CoH application.  I didn't, but it's possible that might happen.

- The "Use Cider Client" switch in Island Rum's options doesn't do anything, and will be removed eventually.

If you have any problems, post to this thread or send me a PM.  I'm going through this testing while working full time, so please be patient if your fix takes longer than expected.

Beta cycle will switch to Release after I've fixed all of the outstanding issues that can be fixed.

lexicon:
I'm not a mac user, but I'd like to work together to create a mac friendly quickchat.exe when you work out the kinks. :)

Manga:

--- Quote from: lexicon on April 03, 2016, 05:31:55 PM ---I'm not a mac user, but I'd like to work together to create a mac friendly quickchat.exe when you work out the kinks. :)

--- End quote ---

That's possible.  What does it do, make .mnu files?

lexicon:
It repairs the emote menu trees so all emotes/combat emotes/dicebag/quickport(mapmove) etc etc. I have snapshots on the thread linked in my signature below.

Manga:

Does it have to run from the game path or can you choose it's working directory?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version