Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 59784 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2012, 12:58:31 AM »
The Fact that we are number 3 and DONT EVEN HAVE A GAME....means quite a lot to me right now.

Too bad this is running for a month. Every developer with half a brain will have set up a bribe system by then.

If the contest ended today, the result would be intriguing. After a month of the bribe machine, we'll in nth place and nobody will know a bloody thing.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2012, 12:59:05 AM »
Seems that within a couple weeks, this contest won't be about "best community" and more about "most easily bribed" community.

Take screenshots of the official pages offering rewards to those communities. Then, regardless of what place we come in, we can show those to anyone who claims that we didn't earn number one. We can proudly say there was no ingame reward we could have gotten... and look what we still did.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2012, 01:10:14 AM »
You mean screen shots like this?

Spoiler for Hidden:

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2012, 02:10:56 AM »
Well, bribing aside for the Community vote we barely have a hold on first for best Classic. Get out there and vote peeps. Keep that lead!

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2012, 02:14:05 AM »
I believe we will win the classic title. We just need to keep at it and never let up for a single day.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2012, 03:23:46 AM »
You mean screen shots like this?

Those are good too. :)   What I meant though was the pages on those other games' websites, the article or forum thread where they ask their players to vote. It's clear evidence that they're trying to buy votes, by offering their players ingame rewards if they win. Now, proving that won't change the outcome of the vote at all. However. If anyone tries to tell us that some other game earned first place, we can show those screenshots to them and point out that we're the only game in the top three that didn't have to be bribed into voting. We voted because we actually like our community.

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2012, 03:27:12 AM »
For the Knight Online players, they don't need 1st place to get their reward. 2nd and 3rd will do. So, perhaps they won't have the will to maintain such a strong lead as long as they are confident they are still going to get their carrot.

MicroVolts is offering store points I think. I don't know if MP is their currency. But again, maybe once the players have a decent surplus of points they will lose interest.

I'm remaining optimistic. Heroes don't quit. :)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2012, 04:05:13 AM »

Works for me. 8)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2012, 04:08:29 AM »
For the Knight Online players, they don't need 1st place to get their reward. 2nd and 3rd will do. So, perhaps they won't have the will to maintain such a strong lead as long as they are confident they are still going to get their carrot.

MicroVolts is offering store points I think. I don't know if MP is their currency. But again, maybe once the players have a decent surplus of points they will lose interest.

So they're rewarding players for the effort, rather than the outcome? That's no so bad then.

Surelle

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »
I don't understand why there's one overarching Vote Now button on the main page our link sends you to, but somehow it is only counting for Best Classic MMO and not Best Community.  That must be the case because Best Community has only got about half the votes of Classic MMO.  And yet, after pressing the Vote button on the main page, it tells me I have voted in both categories.

Could it be instead that someone out there has twittered or linked directly to the Classic MMO vote without realizing the community one is even there?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »
I believe we will win the classic title. We just need to keep at it and never let up for a single day.

QFT. We need to keep voting, every day!

I don't understand why there's one overarching Vote Now button on the main page our link sends you to, but somehow it is only counting for Best Classic MMO and not Best Community.  That must be the case because Best Community has only got about half the votes of Classic MMO.  And yet, after pressing the Vote button on the main page, it tells me I have voted in both categories.

Could it be instead that someone out there has twittered or linked directly to the Classic MMO vote without realizing the community one is even there?

I updated the OP a few days ago to tell people to click the individual categories to make sure they're voting in each. The thing is, it usually tells me that my vote already happened in each category when I click the individual vote buttons, so it seems to be working.

Edit: I think the discrepancy is people voting in individual categories earlier, but it could also be that some people shared one category's link. I discovered one such post on Facebook, added the overall CoH link to it as a comment.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:49:28 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
In point of fact, I tried to vote on the main page this morning only to be told that I could not vote more than once a day (I must have voted from my computer after midnight; yesterday was a bit busy), but I was still able to go to the Best Community page and vote. Not sure which argument it validates, but it did strike me as odd.

I know that I will be voting individual pages, now, for my own piece of mind.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »
Whatever that main vote page for CoH looks like it's supposed to do, it isn't doing it.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »
While you are all voting online....

The Colbert Report is a topical show, written daily for production in the evenings, so there is every chance we could get a mention if we can just catch their attention. 

So this is the plan.  Tweet and Twitter and Splash his Face Book Page with the 'Save CoH' campaign.  We need the immediate impact that internet contact can provide.  With the Holidays coming fast, his show will be going into reruns in the next week or so, and it could be very helpful to get mentioned before that happens.

I do not feel this sort of campaign is out of order.  The Twitter Account information is publicly available from Comedy Central's website. 

Comedy Central can be contacted via website feedback at
http://www.comedycentral.com/help/website-feedback

The Colbert Nation Comedy Central Home Page
http://www.colbertnation.com/

The Colbert Report Face Book Page
http://www.facebook.com/thecolbertreport

Stephen Colbert's Personal Twitter
https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome

The Colbert Report/Colbert Nation Twitter
https://twitter.com/ColbertReport

Some intern has the job of reading the Twitter feed come Monday morning and we want him to have a reason to tell the writers of the show about us.  Tweet him, Tweet the Colbert Nation.  Post on their FB page.  Link the Disney buyout project, link the various mentions CoH has received on MMO sites and so on. 

Mention how high we are on the Polls!

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2012, 01:37:53 AM »
I Cannot believe this.

COH is still loosing in Best Community even to freaking Microvolts....

WTF HELL IS MICROVOLTS?!

Seriously has anyone even HEARD of them before?
Say yes and your a liar..I can prove it...oh wait I do not need to cuz I just did.

WTF?!

We gain like 1,500 votes and they gain the same.

At least we have a high enough stretch in Most classic rpg that I do not think the others will leave us behind.

We are behind by 2575 in Best community.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2012, 01:45:45 AM »
Bots. They've gotta be botting the votes on that one.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2012, 02:02:15 AM »
Than lets build bots of our own!

If I buy another 2TB Hard Drive external than I can hold at least 1000 Bots on mine lol. keep changing the I.P or something lol.

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2012, 02:57:13 AM »
Bots. They've gotta be botting the votes on that one.

Well don't underestimate the power of the carrot. They're giving what I assume is in game currency every time a player votes every day.
If you look at the game's Facebook page they have 167,000 likes and a more international audience than COH does err did (bah that sucks to write), BUT that doesn't mean they'll last forever.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
No way in hell we will ever loose in most classic mmo.

I refuse to give our lead in that lol. Even if that means I gotta take a whole months pay a brig 1,200 people to go to that site and vote for coh.

tigur

• Underling
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2012, 05:34:41 AM »
done and done again