Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 59285 times)

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »
Voting everyday! :D

Solaris

• Minion
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
One a day, everyday. Because the City deserved it.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2012, 03:59:56 PM »
I just voted at work, using the individual pages. One of them gave me an error at first, but it eventually worked (as far as I can tell). It should have worked right away, though, given that I haven't been here all weekend...

...right now CoH is 25th 4th not 1st in each category, so get out the votes!

I have to say, that this is my favorite part of the OP to have edited.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2012, 05:39:07 PM »
I've kept up the voting, kept up the faith!
Woo! - Argent Girl

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »
Remember the motto for Chicago politics.

If at first you don't succeed, vote, vote again!

LadyAndreca

• Underling
    • Extra Life link
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
I've discovered that while I can't vote from multiple browsers, I can vote from my phone.

Honestly, normally I hate this kind of manipulation of votes, but whatever, I want to get CoH seen.  Not our fault they can't have a more secure voting page.  (This would be the logic most of my villains used in-game.)

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2012, 11:46:35 PM »
I vote at work, then run home and vote again.  ;)
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »
So for those other two in the lead for community... does MMOsite even care that they're buying their votes?
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2012, 01:05:20 AM »
Honestly, normally I hate this kind of manipulation of votes, but whatever, I want to get CoH seen.  Not our fault they can't have a more secure voting page.  (This would be the logic most of my villains used in-game.)

Wouldn't matter how secure their voting page was when they don't disqualify bribes.

We'll be operating under vigilante rules now.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2012, 03:31:50 AM »
So, since it's only been going a week, we're all trying to find ways to vote more than once a day, and there are "only" about 4000 votes, give or take, we can safely assume only about 200 or 300 people are actually doing the voting?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2012, 03:47:08 AM »
Well we Lost Best community without a doubt. I have no freaking idea what Microbots bribed their players with to get 4k votes overnight but we will never catch up. Best thing to do is make absolute puppies sure we get 3rd and no less.

Keep Spamming Most Classic, we have a REALLY good lead in that one and if we keep up the lead than we have a good chance of winning that one since it appears that community is not bribing their players...yet.

Kensei

• Underling
    • John Walker's Amazon Author Page
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2012, 06:06:27 AM »
Voted. Will vote again. I was there almost at launch. Pinnacle was my home for years. I met some wonderful people, who are still my friends to this day. I wouldn't be the writer I am without this game. I was the Kensei, and those were some of the best times of my life.

There is always hope. We were heroes then. We'll be heroes now. Time to take our City back.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2012, 07:13:02 AM »
I have no freaking idea what Microbots bribed their players with to get 4k votes overnight...

Worm.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
Can successfully vote from my computer, my boyfriend's computer, my other computer, my iPhone, my mother's iPhone, my brother's iPhone and my father's iPhone.  That should help... though I feel my loved one's getting a touch irritated :P

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »
I just noticed... Knight Online seems to have vanished from the Best community rankings. Maybe they got disqualified for bribery?

Its still beyond me how Micro Volts is even in the community category... when it comes to online shooters "best community" is the exact opposite of what comes to mind.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Kosmos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2012, 10:30:16 AM »
I just noticed... Knight Online seems to have vanished from the Best community rankings. Maybe they got disqualified for bribery?

Its still beyond me how Micro Volts is even in the community category... when it comes to online shooters "best community" is the exact opposite of what comes to mind.

I was just about to comment on that myself. Hopefully MicroVolts and their 500 MP (I assume that's their in game currency) per vote bribe will be next

Wingnaut

• Underling
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2012, 12:02:11 PM »
Still voting here.  ;D

Septipheran

« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:15 PM »
Meh, honestly these polls seem like complete BS. In what world is "Mu Online" more popular than WoW and Eve? More importantly, what is Mu Online? Same deal with "Micro Volts" being supposedly more popular than WoW, LOTRO, STO, etc. I see all these games that I've never even heard of with huge edges over indisputably more popular titles. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the games ranked higher than WoW in every category are unapologetic, cookie cutter WoW clones. Something funny is going on here.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »
On the bright side, STO is winning Best MMORPG. Of the ones on the list, I can't think of one I'd rather see.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2012, 03:41:19 PM »
I really get the impression that it's a select group of Asian MMO companies that even care about this site and it's reader's choice awards. If CoH were still running, I doubt any of us would care either. It's good publicity, to be sure, but I'm not really sure who the target readership / community is.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame