Author Topic: What did I miss?  (Read 906 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
What did I miss?
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:01:30 PM »
There's less ways to farm Q now and the value of it keeps going down. Almost 400 Q for 1 Zen the last time I checked. From ~ 330 Q for 1 Zen before the Q farm nerf.

I understand what happened when the price went from 200ish to 330. Everyone started doing the new Rampages and Q boxes were introduced so there was a lot more Q on the market.

This thing we have now I don't get? Rarer Q = Cheaper Q?

Ahhhh... The Key Sale.. It had to be the key sale. Ya think? More keys = more Q boxes.. But why the steady decline in Q value now and not before the sale was over..

I can't play as much this time of year anyway so I'm not worked up over it or anything. 400 Q Zen is kinda out there tho. Especially considering the recent Q farm nerf.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
Re: What did I miss?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:23:15 PM »
Whenever a lockbox appears, the Q exchange spirals out of control. It will return to normal.

When new questionite goods appear, the exchange will tip the other way. Additionally, the problem with Nemcon was a bug, and a patch is on the PTS right now. This will help some players out with their Q woes.
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:57:27 PM »
Duh.. new lockboxes! I'll figure out the market yet.. Maybe.

So Nemcons will give Q again? That seems like a good move seeing as how that used to be about the number 1 reason to team outside of Alerts.

I don't get the point of taking Q out of (or making it harder to get from) Nemesis Alerts, either.. I mean, they're random. It was just a kinda fun Easter egg before and when they popped, maybe you were playing your newb and all the sudden the ubers show up and give you some easy Alerts + the reward of some Q. Good stuff. It's not like they're farmable although there was that period where there were back to back Nemi's for hour+ stretches. Now when they pop I just think "Hey, I remember when those used to be cool".

Along the lines of finance... I noticed today that Legion and Merc gear are pretty cheap atm. Merc gear isn't the greatest but for 15G a box.. if you have an ungeared newb or new 40 and G's are tight... why not try a couple boxes and sell off whatever you don't want for cheap.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Samurai Cowgirl

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:16:43 PM »
Yup, new boxes. Less zen on the market, more demand. Overall there has been more demand for Zen lately with boxes/cotumes

There's also the factor: "I can't get Q easy, so I'm jacking up the price of my Zen to compensate" so it could just stay high
Always be Stylin!