Author Topic: Go post your opinion here, folks  (Read 10972 times)

chuckv3

• Elite Boss

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: Go post your opinion here, folks
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:24:49 PM »
Why in the hell would i want to have CoH locked at Issue 23?
Besides the fact that some really good stuff was coming in Issue 24 there was a bunch of interesting events and additions planned for the next several issues. i started playing during Issue 0 and really enjoyed all the additions to is since then. At shutdown the game was leaps and bound better than it was at launch. While i would play CoH even if it was put into perpetual maintenance mode with no more content planned to be added i would certainly not want it to be locked that way intentionally.
No. No. No. 3.141592653*10^9 times no.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:21:27 PM »
Yeah, I know. I wouldn't WANT for it to be locked. But I'd SETTLE for it to be locked if it was playable somewhere.

Plus, that's why I said "any publicity is good publicity." For me, getting the game back is 90% of the point. Which version is the other 10%. I'd frankly settle for any version at all that was playable.

An what's with the billion PI  ???
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:28:18 PM by chuckv3 »

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 11:26:16 PM »
I think I would also not mind having the Pre-ED version playable somewhere. What was that, I6? My Invul/SS tank was an unstoppable tall blue alien goddess. It wasn't balanced, for sure, but after a hard day at the soul-crushing office there was nothing like just beating the living crap out of purple stuff.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 12:01:28 AM »
Why in the hell would i want to have CoH locked at Issue 23?

So, due to the nature of the OP, your only two choices are A) the game is unavailable and B) the game is maintenance-mode in Issue 23...your choice would be A? What kind of CoHer are you? :p
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 02:26:50 AM »
I think I would also not mind having the Pre-ED version playable somewhere. What was that, I6? My Invul/SS tank was an unstoppable tall blue alien goddess. It wasn't balanced, for sure, but after a hard day at the soul-crushing office there was nothing like just beating the living crap out of purple stuff.

I prefer the post ED world myself.. could be even more overpowered that Pre-Ed if thats your thing..

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »
I'm with Chuck on this I'd certainly take I-23 and be forever grateful. A Pre ED would be less desirable but it would get me back in my city which I dearly miss.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 06:11:49 PM »
Indeed, I'd be thrilled with having it back as was before shutdown, even if I lost everything and had to completely rebuild our SG and all of my characters from scratch.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:35 PM »
I think Post ED was far more overpowered then Pre ED when inventions came out.  It just made you have to earn being overpowered.  Which I felt was a good thing, one shouldn't be overpowered just from being overpowered being handed to you on a silver platter.  The incarnate powers in fact were also the same way in if they made you overpowered, well you earned them, you weren't just given them on a silver platter.  How fast you got them really depended on what incarnate trials you did most, I prefered to do every one of them except for the underground trial(which honestly suffered fake difficulty due to the boss mechanics allowing for griefers to kill the entire league with ease).  In fact I actually enjoyed all of them, just the underground trial really needed something to more clearly indicate who was targetted by the league-wiping attacks.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 10:09:16 PM »
I was happy when they introduced the solo-able incarnate path. I never particularly cared for the raids, but I did enjoy teaming up with my fellow SG mates. The Solo-able path made it so we could do what we loved, and still progress with the Incarnate abilities.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 12:30:24 AM »
And the path was getting better in I24.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 09:19:35 PM »
I was happy when they introduced the solo-able incarnate path. I never particularly cared for the raids, but I did enjoy teaming up with my fellow SG mates. The Solo-able path made it so we could do what we loved, and still progress with the Incarnate abilities.

I didn't start doing Incarnate content until they introduced the solo path, but once I did, I found that the raids were a lot of fun. I'd always avoided it because I assumed endgame content was always like Worlds of Warcraft, something for hypercompetitive perfectionists who spent their whole lives playing. Turns out that CoH was much more casual-friendly and fun. :)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »
I participated in a few (dozen) raids. I just never cared for the large-group-of-players content. I much prefer smaller groups. 8 is enough for me. :-)

The raids weren't horrible or anything, just not to my taste.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Tiberian Fiend

• Minion
  • Canis tiberius
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 09:57:44 PM »
I'd pick CoH Issue 2 or 3, before regen got gutted (and the rest of the crappy nerfs made for PvP, of course).
The Titantic Tiberian Fiend

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 03:11:01 AM »
I think Post ED was far more overpowered then Pre ED when inventions came out.  It just made you have to earn being overpowered.

QFT

CoX became a monster of a game in the last couple years, with IOs, spreading around of powersets, and the beloved incarnate system. I might have been catching up to the end game stuff on a third of my characters by now.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »
So, due to the nature of the OP, your only two choices are A) the game is unavailable and B) the game is maintenance-mode in Issue 23...your choice would be A? What kind of CoHer are you? :p

Pick "B" definitely "B"  ;D

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
I'd pick CoH Issue 2 or 3, before regen got gutted (and the rest of the crappy nerfs made for PvP, of course).

Sorry to say but if you picked Issue 2 or 3 you wouldn't have had PvP. That wasn't introduced until Issue 4 with the arenas then the zones were introduced when they released City of Villains.
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 08:12:17 PM »
I think Post ED was far more overpowered then Pre ED when inventions came out.  It just made you have to earn being overpowered.  Which I felt was a good thing, one shouldn't be overpowered just from being overpowered being handed to you on a silver platter.  The incarnate powers in fact were also the same way in if they made you overpowered, well you earned them, you weren't just given them on a silver platter.  How fast you got them really depended on what incarnate trials you did most, I prefered to do every one of them except for the underground trial(which honestly suffered fake difficulty due to the boss mechanics allowing for griefers to kill the entire league with ease).  In fact I actually enjoyed all of them, just the underground trial really needed something to more clearly indicate who was targetted by the league-wiping attacks.

As a regular leader of UGT and MoUGT trials (when the game was running, of course) - I'm a little unclear as to what "boss mechanics allowing for griefers" means to you. The yellowish swirl? The seedlings confuse power? UGT is lengthy, but really as simple as BAF or Lambda, you just need to have players capable of following instructions. Clarions certainly help, particularly when going for the Avatar Assassin badge. But, other than that, it's pretty simple. Long, but simple. Shortcuts can be made (a group sent ahead to clear the bombs can save some time, but that can impact the fun factor for the rest of the league. )
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 01:19:04 AM »

The only trial I didn't enjoy was TPN simply because it was all in one small general area, very repetitive and boring. I needed something other than going in and out of a few buildings... As for ugt, I don't recall ever seeing griefers on my server.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 02:14:46 AM »
I needed to play everything after Keyes, at least once.

I think I might had the second level shift but that was as far as I got.

I can't imagine anyone would pick "no game" over "I23 only"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 04:01:43 PM by TheDevilYouKnow »
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!