Author Topic: Screen resolution issue.  (Read 1989 times)

Heavensrun

• Underling
Screen resolution issue.
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:12:40 PM »
Hey, all.  First off let me say what has been done here is pretty awesome.   I have an Icon problem I don't know how fix, tho.   I tried to modify my resolution to suit my computer,  and something borked up and now my computer thinks its screen is bigger than it actually is when I'm in Icon.   Much of the buttons and options are off-screen,  making it impossible to use.   I can't access the resolution settings in-program now.   Is there any way to reset the graphics settings from outside the program?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: Screen resolution issue.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:55:27 AM »
Windows, Mac, Linux? What flavor?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Heavensrun

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:04:35 AM »
Sorry,  right.  I'm using windows 8.1.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 08:29:10 AM »
You should be able to get into regedit via the 'file/program search' option, though I have no idea where that is in Win8 (it's in the start menu in Win7). Before you do anything in regedit, SAVE YO SETTINGS. File > Export to save your current settings. That way if you do something really stupid, you can File > Import to unbreak it.

Then go into HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Cryptic > CoH, and down about halfway there is screenX and screenY - right click-delete those or right click-modify to change them to your current resolution (e.g. if you have 1920x1080, then change screenX to 1920 and screenY to 1080).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Heavensrun

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
Thanks.  Unfortunately, before I could attempt this, I started getting an all new fun error that says "failed to launch process", so I'm trying to just replace my download of the client and program

Weird thing is, in my registry, 1920x1080 was what the resolution was set to, and it's also the resolution of my laptop, but for some reason, when I'm in Icon, it...seems to retain the "pixel size" of the resolution it was in originally, while also trying to display an image 1920 by 1080 pixels, as a result about 40% of the image is off-screen and inaccessible.  I tried deleting the registry entries for the resolution and I'm redownloading the client, so we'll see what that does. 

I appreciate the help, either way.

Heavensrun

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 02:30:30 AM »
Got it working again, in a functional and attractive resolution.  Thanks so much for the help!