Author Topic: Dove through the issue24 maps god I'm pissed  (Read 1091 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Dove through the issue24 maps god I'm pissed
« on: April 17, 2014, 12:53:18 AM »
I've resisted all this time going beyond what I seen on live up to the shutdown night.  Well I just looked and seeing these maps, the hamidon stuff, all the treats and adventure they had planned to give us in issue 24 just really pisses me off to the point that I'm speechless in anger... Go have a look for yourself if you haven't yet using icon and F1 to load the maps. You can find a list of the maps here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asgb7CIX1MhodGZyYmZCaks2b2N4bDF6dXdHblpTcFE#gid=0

Issue24 stuff is in the 1600 lines...

I hate you ncsoft

Botzo

• Minion
Re: Dove through the issue24 maps god I'm pissed
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:37:17 AM »
Sometimes I swear I spent more time reading about what others dug up from the pigs. Sure, some of it was just dreams and wishes, but when something came out of the information and into the game, it was glorious. One of these days I'm gonna have to livestream on Twitch ( something I couldn't do then, due to old PC at the time) some of the unreleased maps.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
Re: Dove through the issue24 maps god I'm pissed
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 02:55:42 AM »
Yes- it was all really good stuff. I kept putting off getting into the Beta Server for I don't know how long, finally did so around the time of i23, and I was mostly playing the i24 Beta before the shutdown. Some really great work in there. The new Kings Row missions were great, the powers customization I didn't take much advantage of, but I think everyone would have gone apesh*** over. The Rogue and Vigilante arcs were a mixed bag (I seem to recall that the Rogue ones were the best), but I liked that they were finally taking advantage of the sideswitching that Going Rogue introduced and producing content for the "tweeners". That's one thing that I absolutely loved about Praetoria and was sad that post-20 content for Praetoria didn't include (either there or in the City/Isles)- although I understand why it wasn't (resource management).

My favorites, by far, from i24 were the Blue and Red side post-Praetoria missions. Redside was the best (chock full of cameos and things that you could only fully appreciate if you'd done the related missions/had the badges for them), but I loved the Blue side Brickstown post-Praetoria arc as well (as well as the post-arc phase changes that came to the map afterwards). Some truly great stuff in there.

Some of the suggested changes to the solo incarnate Praetoria mission really helped make that one better as well.

And hearing all the things that were in the pipeline post-i24 (Kallisti Wharf! New Power Pools and sets!) just made me all the sadder when it suddenly ended. :(