Author Topic: Noteworthy Hamidon Raids - Did Yours Make History? (Help complete the wiki!)  (Read 24263 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
There is a section in Paragon Wiki's Hamidon Raid article reserved for "Noteworthy Raids". Several raids are missing information, and have been put there more as placeholders ("___ server ran the first villain Hami Raid on ___ date", for example). If you have any information missing from the raids that are already on the page, or want to let us know about a Hami Raid you think should make the "Noteworthy Raids" list, please post it here, or edit the article: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Hamidon_Raid#Noteworthy_Raids  Even if your raid isn't noteworthy (as judged by... people in this thread, I guess?) it'd still be fun to hear about it!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:21:21 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Lady Arete

• Minion
Re: Noteworthy Hamidon Raids
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:44:44 AM »
A bit late, but I still remember my first Ever Hamidon raid. I really played during I8 and before, so it took abit of time to get to lvl 50 (or 45) and participate in the Hamidon Raids. So my first Hamidon Raid was the day or the day after I9 Hamidon was launched.

It happened on Union server (european) and the entire Raid (from the time to spawning Hamidon to its fall) took 7 hours.
We had people that quit, and new people joined, but some of us, like me, slugged it out for the entire 7 hours.

We did not do much Hamidon Raiding again (... until a few souls, me included began leading them again several issues later.) I was the one that led most of the raids (with fellow team leaders :) ) later, but that first raid still is the "epic" one in my mind.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
Re: Noteworthy Hamidon Raids
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 04:59:25 PM »
Cool, thanks for the reply! I revamped the "Notable Raids" section - it now has subsections, for things like "firsts" and "tactics". Yours is under the "numbers" section, as it appears to be the longest raid I've heard of. Anyone wanting to challenge that record should post here...
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

enoch7fa

• Underling
CHAMPION SERVER FIRST TIME BEATING HAMMY WAS A MARK ON HISTORY! WHY YOU SAY? BECAUSE BLACKMELEE BROUGHT DOWN HAMMY!!!! I GOT LAST SHOT!!! WHAT DID IT YOU WANT TO KNOW!! IT WAS!! MY DADDYS GUN!!1

THE MAN THE MYTH THE LEGEND
BLACKMELEE WAS HERE

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
While the veracity is questionable, this does bring up a question: should there be a separate section for "game wide firsts" (first server to beat hami, first villain raid, etc.) and "server firsts" (Pinn got their first completion on ___ date, victory on ___, etc.)?

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
There is a section in Paragon Wiki's Hamidon Raid article reserved for "Noteworthy Raids". Several raids are missing information, and have been put there more as placeholders ("___ server ran the first villain Hami Raid on ___ date", for example). If you have any information missing from the raids that are already on the page, or want to let us know about a Hami Raid you think should make the "Noteworthy Raids" list, please post it here, or edit the article: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Hamidon_Raid#Noteworthy_Raids  Even if your raid isn't noteworthy (as judged by... people in this thread, I guess?) it'd still be fun to hear about it!

The Paragon Wiki article was fun to read.   I participated in Hami Raids on Justice on practically a weekly basis, but this was after they were well established, and I took part only a few times in the Hami Raid on Victory.  The Justice server Hami Raid was always well run and usually well attended.  I had the sense the same was true of the Hami Raid on Victory, and perhaps most other servers.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Sadly i never kept a journal or took notes about events like Hami raids.
Pretty sure the Pingu site had screenshots of a number of Hami (original version) firsts on Champion, but i have no idea if it exists anymore.
i remember the first Hami raid on Virtue where we skipped clearing all the blooms of the Nu-Hami and just popped every pet and buff available and powered straight through to Hami's defeat. It took a fair bit of organizing, but was an entertaining change from the standard method of clearing each bloom before continuing. Of course there were numerous failed attempts and test runs of many different strategies for Hami raids, but it's the novel successes that matter.

Edit: Just read the wiki page and saw the Virtue raid mentioned. i had forgotten how short it was. Dammit, now i really wish i had screenshots of that. Then again when Virtue had the regular raiders on hand most Hami raids took less than half the time of the raids i did on other servers.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:10:35 AM by Nyx Nought Nothing »
So far so good. Onward and upward!

AlphaFerret

• Boss
I recall an early raid on Champion in which my Warshade was put down 26 times.  My squad kept count.  It was pretty entertaining.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
I recall an early raid on Champion in which my Warshade was put down 26 times.  My squad kept count.  It was pretty entertaining.

I just added this (only four months later!). Seems likely that it's a record for most deaths of a single character in one raid.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
I just added this (only four months later!). Seems likely that it's a record for most deaths of a single character in one raid.

While I have no doubt that this is probably the record for most deaths of a single character, I think I might have the record for most deaths by a single press of a button.

It was on the Infinity server and it hadn't been too long after Infinity learned how to take down Hami but I don't recall the date.

My character was called "Shade of Night". I had just made it to level 47 on my Dark/Dark defender and my SG mates took me to my first Hami raid ever.

The taunt team was doing its job and the Illusionists were drawing the fire of most of the Mitos. We were clearing out the Mitos and I was part of the heal team for them.

I was standing in the midst of about 10 fallen heroes (as our heal team didn't have many flyers for that run) and decided it was time to pull out Howling Twilight to rez them. Our targetter decided to switch to a new target. He must have been using tab to do it and sure enough the tab selected Hami just as I pushed the power button...

The result was a glorious Yellow Dawn. Every single hero went down in the blink of an eye. 

I was so new and uninformed that I decided to spend my time trying to get myself and them back up and running.

I hit the debt cap that night. My SG mates felt sorry enough for me that we spent about 3 or 4 hrs street sweeping PI just to trade off my debt.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
Mine didn't make HISTORY to say but I had a lot of fun on them

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
While the veracity is questionable, this does bring up a question: should there be a separate section for "game wide firsts" (first server to beat hami, first villain raid, etc.) and "server firsts" (Pinn got their first completion on ___ date, victory on ___, etc.)?

I'm not sure this could truly be verified, though.
If memory serves, I think it was @pickle who was scanning her combat logs and noted that Hamidon got held for a brief moment. (Actually, I'm not even sure it was @pickle - it could just have been the character name.) On Liberty server, or so I was told, Hamidon Death Squad SG organized the first successful Hami-raid. I wasn't there - this was just something I was told. For some reason, I'm thinking Triumph may also deserve some mention. It may be that Liberty developed the strategy, but Triumph executed said strategy first. Either way, I'm only going off of second hand information.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
I'm afraid none of mine made it but we use to run a no-retreat raid where everyone moved back to their positions and attacked the orbs again without tp'ing out and resetting.  I tended to run green team and often renamed my team from green as important days came up like team green berets or team seals in honor of armed forces day for example.

We played on freedom and ran the raids often nightly right up until ncsoft's disgrace.

I miss those days.  What I wouldn't give to run a few more hamis..."Team Marines (green team) with me.  Begin assault of green orbs.  My target.  Airborne (aka yellow dmg), engage those yellows.  Keep them off our backs, Rangers (yellow taunt).  Seals (aka blue team), get those blues.  Ranged attacks if you value your end.  Medical core (hami tank's emps), keep your tank up...." :'(
No Surrender!

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
I'm pretty sure there's a vid on YouTube of someone inviting a Kronos Titan to a Hami raid. That seems pretty notable to me!

Also, I remember that first Nuke raid on Virtue! I really, really wanna say it was during the summer, but I can't even remember what I had for breakfast, let alone what day specifically I did something in a video game.

Neutron-Star

• Minion
I went to a dozen or so on Liberty.  All hero side.  Fun and successful but not really noteworthy.

But, I recall that BABs (the developer) would state on the forums that the common strategy for the new Hami raid was NOT the one they expected players to come up with.  I think he said there was a strategy they built into the raid that noone ever figured out.  Does anyone know if it WAS figured out?  If not, did he ever, esp after the game closed, reveal what that strategy was?

That would strike me as noteworthy if anyone was successful with the intended strategy.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
I just remembered something about a special Hami Raid. I didn't see it, just heard about it.

A character called Peace on Earth is reputed to have solo'd hami in Nova form. A bug of some sort allowed him to place all of his slots during a respec into his nova character - all on one attack.

With sufficient range, he supposedly one-shotted hami. (a dubious claim, to be sure - even with a 67 slotted nova form. )
That could just be a myth, but it was sufficiently amusing enough to share.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
I vaguely remember that. IIRC it didn't allow him to put "all of his slots" - it allowed him to put "infinite" slots.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Ah...that would explain it.

I really wonder how I would have handled such a thing. I think that would pass for Bug Hunter, but as a player, you can never be absolutely sure.

I cannot imagine how much fun it would be to have like 500 slotted nova blast - with maybe 3 accs, 3 rech, 3 end redux, 20 range, and 500 gazillion damages. lol. Probably a good thing I'll never find out.

Byakuya523

• Underling
unfortunately I never got the chance to do a Hami raid but I've heard all about it
Nahar 50 Energy/Energy Blaster
DraconicSins 50 Fire/Fire Tank
Chaotic Princess 50 Robotics/Thermal Radiation MM
Kugari 50 Titan Weapon/Super Reflex Brute

Lava-Lad

• Minion
Green Dwarf seemed to tank so many of the Hami Raids on Pinn that I made a support toon (PA Team) as my stone tank wasn't seeing much action.  I had a lot of fun with PA, but the best Hami for me was when I got to aggro Hami!